oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)

Its time ladies and gents!

Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talksport. Blackwell’s been binned, allowing him to finally finish his kitchen extension. Big Ronnie Jepson has left too, presumably spending his time continuing his metamorphosis into a human-sized tomato.

In comes Chris Wilder! Chris, along with his assistants Alan Knill and Matt Prestridge, have parachuted into Rockliffe over the international break and are already hard at work crafting the Boro squad into a style that suits them. They are tasked with delivering an aggressive and attacking style that both pleases the eye and delivers improved results. Not an easy task by any means!

Wilder’s appointment seemed to please a decent number of posters here. He then seemed to win a few more over with his attitude and words in his initial interviews and press conference. He looks like a guy pumped up and ready for the challenge. Personally, I’m very excited and can’t wait to see how they get on!

We welcome Millwall to the Riverside on Saturday for the first game of Wilder’s tenure. Millwall, who have a proud history of being the owners of the second-worst club chant in the EFL!

MILLLLLLLLLLLL

Millwall have had a pretty good start by the looks of it, sitting 9th in the table. Mr “Mentioned-In-Every-Sodding-Transfer-Thread” Jed Wallace is having a great season, with 5 goals and 5 assists so far this campaign. Therefore, we’ll have to keep a lid on him if we want to get anything from this!

Some questions for you to consider:

What are your expectations for this season with the new man in charge?

What team do you expect Wilder to put out?

Did you know that we almost signed Jed Wallace when we signed George Saville?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

Same as before, finish around about 10th whilst being in the playoff conversation. Although now I'm expecting some growing pains to start and then improvement towards the end of the year both in results and style of play. This season is a free hit for Wilder and hopefully we can make steady upward progress, I trust Wilder and Scott as a duo to push us forward.

Whoever isn't injured at this point, whether he tries to transplant his Sheffield United tactics into our squad or not is yet to be seen, with a full squad we've definitely got the players to play that style. Wilder has been called adaptable though so who knows if he sees this squad going in a completely different direction.

The club thought that we had signed Jed Wallace. Pulis was down the pub whilst he had his medical, he came back in on Monday morning and asked "who's this blonde guy?", then the club just sort of ran with it...

• Like 1

Just pleased we can move on to be fair. 
I had already posted my thoughts some time back which is aligned with what Foogle posted. A rather hit and mis start, settling into rhythm and rising to a crescendo. 
Finish around 10th or possibly above. Might flirt around the playoff spot once in a while. 

Reduced. Always felt like my expectations were limited to the length of the contract with Warnock, especially given the drab football. Which means to justify having the control he wanted, he had to succeed every year. Wilder's here for the long term and there's a job on his hands to get this team firing in the way he wants. I still think there's enough in this squad to get play-offs but if we don't make it whilst showing adequate progress then so be it.

Not sure what the situation is with injuries until the press conference that I guess will happen towards the end of this week. Sounds like McNair and Sporar are concerns. Dijksteel, Bola, Fry may be back but too soon to say.

Daniels
Hall Bamba Peltier
Howson Payero Crooks Tav Hernandez
Watmore Coburn

I'm not sure about that but I did hear a rumour from back when we signed George Saville that we tried to sign a young winger called Jed Wallace from Millwall at the same time.

• Haha 2

I seem to recollect a visit to Millwall when they fans had a reputation for aggro

We were behind one of the goals as per norm and our idiots got involved with their idiots.  We moved away from the stupidity asked a PC about staying away and safe and were moved under the stand without cost to save the Police time and effort and give us a decent view.

I knew the area quite well as I had been to many visits to New Cross speedway which was next door to the Den.  Used to drink in the Prince of Windsor on the Old Kent Road

• Like 2

Tough game this. Millwall will put up a fight and it won't be easy. I can see us falling behind as the team settles under Wilder, but hopefully we will score a few goals. 

I think we'll finish somewhere between 8-10th. But it's impossible to tell. Maybe the team will flourish as they free themselves from Warnocks shackles. If we can stay around the playoffs come january there is no reason why we can't make a run for it with a few additions. But realistically it will take some time to find a rhythm under a new manager.

I really have no idea since McNair and Sporar has returned with knocks. I expect him to start with three at the back though. But then if we only have Hall and Bamba as fit defenders then Wilders hand might be forced to play four at the back. Nevertheless it's going to be interesting. I won't pay as much attention to who starts but rather how we play.

Never heard of him. I don't think he's ever been mentioned on here.

11 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

I seem to recollect a visit to Millwall when they fans had a reputation for aggro

We were behind one of the goals as per norm and our idiots got involved with their idiots.  We moved away from the stupidity asked a PC about staying away and safe and were moved under the stand without cost to save the Police time and effort and give us a decent view.

I knew the area quite well as I had been to many visits to New Cross speedway which was next door to the Den.  Used to drink in the Prince of Windsor on the Old Kent Road

I kind of remember visits to Millwall as a kind of initiation.  It’s a awful long time ago but I kind of remember walking down a back ally while Millwall fans stood on walls and hurled house bricks at us. Inside the ground was no better. I witnessed some very brutal battles. There again I had witnessed the same at Leeds and Southampton. Looking back it was quite violent period and some weird fashion. Skinheads & Suedeheads, Crombie & Budgie jackets, Looms, Flares, Sta press and drain pipes, Levies, Wrangler, Fredperry 

11 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Can't wait for us to get beat on Sat and this board will be full rage mode 😬

I think it would take something truly catastrophic on Saturday for there to be rage from most on this board in the first game of Wilder's reign. Losing by a significant margin, not looking competitive, carrying passengers etc. Showcasing that there's a huge, huge job on his hands. Even that will probably be tempered by plenty about the time to change things. I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)