oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)

Seems like it's been an age since the last game, and certainly since the last home game. Looking forward to the three upcoming home games and seeing if Wilder can get his messages across quickly and come up with some new genius tactics.

Millwall are doing better than I thought and seem to have a stingy defence (with the lowest goals conceded outside of the top 3 (and Derby, strangely enough)). Fortunately, like us, they also seem incapable of scoring (with the joint lowest goals scored in the league outside of the relegation zone). 

What are your expectations for this season with the new man in charge?

I expect better performances, to stop losing against poor teams when we go 1 up and a decent shot at the playoffs (given that there's a good chunk of the season left)

What team do you expect Wilder to put out?

Not sure. Don't know whether he'll have had time to implement a new system over the break. So we may see a fairly simple formation, 442. Not sure what players will be fit enough to play though!

Did you know that we almost signed Jed Wallace when we signed George Saville?

No, do tell!

• Like 1
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

What are your expectations for this season with the new man in charge?

More entertainment on the pitch, some well-deserved victories and a play-off position, beaten in the semis but installed among the bookies favourites to go up next season after a few shrewd signings.

What team do you expect Wilder to put out?

Honestly not a clue, between new tactics and injuries. Saturday will be a surprise for all of us!

Really? Someone needs to bring this to the public's attention, because I think it's gone under the radar thus far.

What are your expectations for this season with the new man in charge?

I hope that we make the playoffs but expect us to fall just short. Providing I see signs of the team and players improving then I'm ok with that.

Haven't a clue. 

New phone, who dis?

• Like 1

What are your expectations for this season with the new man in charge?

Pretty modest. A new manager always needs time to assess their squad, figure out who they can use and who they want to replace. Likewise the players will need time to adapt to the new coaching team's methods. 

Think we can finish top 10 at least. If the new set-up works well, we might even get in the play-offs...but that will definitely be a bonus...not an expectation.

No idea. I know nothing about how him, except that he apparently likes to play attacking football and favours a 3-5-2 set-up. 

But this being his first game in charge - a tough fixture against a team that don't score many...but also don't concede many - will he decide to play it safe?

Millwall seem to line up 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3, so I'd expect Wilder to go with pretty much the same team we fielded against West Brom. Maybe 1 or 2 changes for injuries, fitness etc.

961539771_BorovMillwall.PNG.c6cf7be7bc4c8fc4c0fefc1b7b2728f4.PNG

Yeah, but Pulis heard we already had a Djed in the squad and didn't want the confusion. 😁

Expecting this to be a tough, scrappy game with few chances for either side. Think we should at least be looking for a draw, but hope we can nick a 1-0 win.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

will he decide to play it safe?

I hope Wilder understands that a large part of the fanbase is sick of playing it safe after years of Warnock and Pulis. Stop giving the opposition too much respect.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I hope Wilder understands that a large part of the fanbase is sick of playing it safe after years of Warnock and Pulis. Stop giving the opposition too much respect.

Agreed. Hopefully this statement is a signal of his intent. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I was only talking about the first game - just seeing what he has to work with in a competitive match setting.

I understand his reputation is based around attacking football, so I would imagine he is as keen to remove the shackles as we are. But it usually takes a bit of time to adjust to new ways of playing...just saying...

If you've been used to driving a Dacia Sandero for years, you're not gonna jump in an Aston Martin Vulcan and immediately rag it. 😉

Maybe Danes would cuz they crazy! 🤪

6 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I was only talking about the first game - just seeing what he has to work If you've been used to driving a Dacia Sandero for years, you're not gonna jump in an Aston Martin Vulcan and immediately rag it. 😉

Maybe Danes would cuz they crazy! 🤪

Nah,  they'd get in the Aston Martin Vulcan and then lose 2-0 to Scotland...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

If you've been used to driving a Dacia Sandero for years, you're not gonna jump in an Aston Martin Vulcan and immediately rag it.

I think we've traded up from a Sandero to a 3 Series by bringing in Wilder, but we're some way short of visiting the Aston garage!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Agreed. Hopefully this statement is a signal of his intent. 

Wilder's attitude compared to Warnock is honestly night and day. Warnock couldn't wait to play us down, to take any pressure off himself having to succeed. Any excuse for mediocrity was lapped up ASAP.

None of that from Wilder. He's here to win. Feels like a man with a plan. I'm so happy I don't have to sit through another limp-****** interview from Warnock. Up The Wilder.

• Like 2

I expect to see better football.  Whether we will or not I have no idea, but that's what I expect to see.  If he can't manage that then Wilder can get stuffed as well.  It's time to have the pleasure of watching a decent side for a change, God knows we've had nothing like that over the last few years.

17 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, these International breaks really iss me off.  Going for a straight forward 2-0 win, a great start for the new boss. Onwards and upwards.

New Manager and "honeymoon period" never seems to apply to the Boro!

Like you just want the win and we tend to do ok against the Lions at home and our pride remains intact!

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)