oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)

Looks like Chris has or is making his first signing free agent, Neil Taylor, left back. Short term contract until Jan so possibly we may see him play against Millwall. 

I don’t think there is a great deal of difference between Millwall and us on a good day, although 7 looses isn’t good, but you can’t win or draw if you can’t score. I feel we don’t attack or defend as a team which shows in our poor movement and passing.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

New Manager and "honeymoon period" never seems to apply to the Boro!

Like you just want the win and we tend to do ok against the Lions at home and our pride remains intact!

Just checked the stats and the omens are good.

Played: 59 Won: 25 Drawn: 14 Lost: 20

Home >>> Won: 17 Drawn: 7 Lost: 4

Away >>> Won: 8 Drawn: 7 Lost: 16

So it looks like the reign of King Chris will begin with a win. 

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Neil Taylor is an excellent signing, imo. 

I would expect it to become permanent in January.

Good to see the new policy of signing young players with  high resale  is kicking in anyway.

A potential back four of Taylor, Bamba, Basham & Peltier.

Combined age of 135 years!:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Good to see the new policy of signing young players with  high resale  is kicking in anyway.

A potential back four of Taylor, Bamba, Basham & Peltier.

Combined age of 135 years!:classic_rolleyes:

We need cover on that side of the pitch, it's a short term deal & if he's *** we let him go in Jan no harm caused. How anyone can have an issue with this is bizarre.

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We need cover on that side of the pitch, it's a short term deal & if he's *** we let him go in Jan no harm caused. How anyone can have an issue with this is bizarre.

Sense of humour bypass?

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

Personally I think it’s a cracking piece of business. 
A quick fix and no commitment. Almost a 60 day free trial or send it back if not completely satisfied. 

• Like 1

Is Neil Taylor coming in as a left centre back or a left wingback I wonder? He doesn't have much pace to speak of but defensively strong from what I remember. Seems like a good candidate to play as an overlapping Centre back.

Comments in the Gazette show he's still concerned about the availability of players. I think it's safe to assume we're down to bare bones and anyone who comes in will be a shock to everyone.

I get the feeling that Wilder really isn't happy with how the previous staff handles injuries and fitness, too.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)