oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Warnock specifically name dropped Tav in his press conference and said “I don’t want to play players like Tav at LWB in his wrong position” So I can’t see how on earth this decision would have been made. 

On the face it just doesn’t make much sense, think it takes away what he’s best at pressing high and creating situations 

It depends what Wilder thinks Tavs "wrong" position has been.

I've always felt he was more influential centrally. This might just suit him. He's certainly got the energy for it!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

Hopefully a cracking atmosphere tomorrow. Training seems much more intense. And more coaches egging them on rather than standing passively watching. 

It all looks good. Feels like we've wasted years in a 1980s throwback world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah been working on playing infront of the back 3 and setting up the attacks.

Very intresting 

I'll be fuming if he goes with a back 3 with our squad. There's absolutely no need to sack the wingers off at home to millwall. I personally think cm is tavs best position bit more as an 8 not a 6. Not impressed if this is true. Might aswell keep warnock if he's going to just play 532 when we have no decent wingbacks. I'm absolutely pig sick of negative tactics and no wingers it's absolutely borstal.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just watched the press conference (love a good long presser). 

Noticed that CW mentioned Garry Monk, Pulis and Woodgate by name, but when he got to NW he just referred to him as "the last manager". I really don't think he's too fond of "the last manager". 😄

• Like 2
Just now, boro-unger said:

Just watched the press conference (love a good long presser). 

Noticed that CW mentioned Garry Monk, Pulis and Woodgate by name, but when he got to NW he just referred to him as "the last manager". I really don't think he's too fond of "the last manager". 😄

I noticed exactly the same thing. "Monk to tony Pulis, to Jonny to...the last manager"

10 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'll be fuming if he goes with a back 3 with our squad. There's absolutely no need to sack the wingers off at home to millwall. I personally think cm is tavs best position bit more as an 8 not a 6. Not impressed if this is true. Might aswell keep warnock if he's going to just play 532 when we have no decent wingbacks. I'm absolutely pig sick of negative tactics and no wingers it's absolutely borstal.

A CW back 3 isn't negative, have you ever seen his teams play? A NW back 3 and a CW back 3 are worlds apart man.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He has never played 5.3.2 and I dont think anyone has ever said Wilders system is 5.3.2. Its widely been said its 3.5.2 and no one has ever accused Wilders teams of being negative using that system so your comment seems a bit premature when you not even seen us play.

I assume you instantly think a wing back system is negative and that is where i respectfully think you are going wrong. It has been proven time and again by many managers that the wing back system can bring attractive succesful football. One of them managers being Wilder himself

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I noticed exactly the same thing. "Monk to tony Pulis, to Jonny to...the last manager"

A CW back 3 isn't negative, have you ever seen his teams play? A NW back 3 and a CW back 3 are worlds apart man.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He has never played 5.3.2 and I dont think anyone has ever said Wilders system is 5.3.2. Its widely been said its 3.5.2 and no one has ever accused Wilders teams of being negative using that system so your comment seems a bit premature when you not even seen us play.

I assume you instantly think a wing back system is negative and that is where i respectfully think you are going wrong. It has been proven time and again by many managers that the wing back system can bring attractive succesful football. One of them managers being Wilder himself

I watched the Wales Belgium game the other night, and they play the same way as a wilders team 352, with a high press. Its definitely not a defensive formation either. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think our squad will be good to watch playing that formation at all. We have no wingbacks and who will play overlapping cb? Mcnair is very inconsistent playing cb and I don't think it's his best position.  Then what leave hall and bamba potentially exposed on the break? I have seen wilders teams yes but we are not sheff utd. At home to millwall and the likes playing that is just total *** imo

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe we are looking at the start of "The Payero Files", a modern day, mystery thriller full of intrigue, twists and turns, can a professional South American footballer just simply disappear?

In episode 17 he is found bound and gagged in a disused Pit Baths building in South Yorkshire. Episode 20, the final episode, reveals just who his abductor/s were and why!

Am I too late to say that the last scene ends with SD smoking a "herbal" cigarette and saying "The hoof is out there" 🙂  

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, edinboro said:

I got the impression from the quotes that Wilder is gobsmacked with how unfit the players are. You get the impression there was no control in place. Makes sense as even Warnock was complaining about players not eating meals etc. But surely someone is responsible for that.

That makes sense insofar as our flaccid second half performances, and all the goals conceded late on in games. But I'm sure I also read on here that training was said to be really intense under NW, and there was speculation that's why we've had so many injuries?

27 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I don't think our squad will be good to watch playing that formation at all. We have no wingbacks and who will play overlapping cb? Mcnair is very inconsistent playing cb and I don't think it's his best position.  Then what leave hall and bamba potentially exposed on the break? I have seen wilders teams yes but we are not sheff utd. At home to millwall and the likes playing that is just total *** imo

Again though you talk as if it's inherently negative or something? It's not total ***, it's a style that's proven in this division, home and away. We aren't even sure who is fit for tomorrow so you're just being overly negative about a style of play that has, historically, been very positive, just...because?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

🙄 Colin has Foxtrot Oscared. The new manager has not even named a starting 11 yet and already you are moaning. Bloody hell man give it a rest 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

We haven’t even seen the first line up yet under Wilder and this Guy is crying already. Let’s just give him a game or 2 first man. Christ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)