oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)

55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@diggerlad07. Thanks for that info. You been told anything else in terms how we set up? Obv not asking for line up but is it a wing back system we been practicing? 

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up.

Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so will be intresting to see if he gets a start .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I don't think our squad will be good to watch playing that formation at all. We have no wingbacks and who will play overlapping cb? Mcnair is very inconsistent playing cb and I don't think it's his best position.  Then what leave hall and bamba potentially exposed on the break? I have seen wilders teams yes but we are not sheff utd. At home to millwall and the likes playing that is just total *** imo

Wow mate, in the nicest possible way, please take the negativity elsewhere, I for one am quite excited for the first time in a long time.  Let’s see how it goes tomorrow.  3-5–2 is very attacking?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Just watched the press conference (love a good long presser). 

Noticed that CW mentioned Garry Monk, Pulis and Woodgate by name, but when he got to NW he just referred to him as "the last manager". I really don't think he's too fond of "the last manager". 😄

I might love him.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Wow mate, in the nicest possible way, please take the negativity elsewhere, I for one am quite excited for the first time in a long time.  Let’s see how it goes tomorrow.  3-5–2 is very attacking?

Its not negative its an opinion on tactics. I'm seeing people say its nailed on we play wingbacks and 3 at the back and I'm saying no matter how it's dressed up we are either playing with wingers as wingbacks again which we have already seen how poor that is under warnock or we are playing Taylor and dijksteel there who are not good outlets as your attacking wide players. Bola and spence yes fair enough they can both do a good job there. 

Its like playing 4231 when you have no wingers or a number 10. It doesn't make sense to me. 

Alot of fans have spent years asking for some wingers and to watch some decent attacking football especially at home. Now we have a few good options I want to see them utilised and given a chance I don't want to see them shackled in a wingback role out of position or the likes of diksteel and Taylor as our outlets on the flanks. 

Its all about opinions and how you look at things. I look at things practically. Others look things through Rose tinted specs and just hope for the best regardless. I'll be happy if we play 442 or 451 with our squad and I won't be if we play 352 or 532 as I think it is, if we play well and start winning games and shoot up the league I'll say fair enough I was wrong. It's a football forum for people to give their opinions so why should I leave? It's what it's all about.

7 hours ago, edinboro said:

Anyone else notice Frankie Hunter back in training video? Was mentioned she had disappeared. Nice to see her back, she seemed part of a decent set up.

She's been doing fitness/coaching with the u23s under Warnocks tenure. 

11 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Just watched the press conference (love a good long presser). 

Noticed that CW mentioned Garry Monk, Pulis and Woodgate by name, but when he got to NW he just referred to him as "the last manager". I really don't think he's too fond of "the last manager". 😄

That alerted my attention as well.  Also the square pegs in round holes comment and the Tav bit.  Cannot recall CW and NW having history but NW did upset many.  Forgot to mention he also mentioned again joining different parts of the club again i.e. academy etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Its not negative its an opinion on tactics. I'm seeing people say its nailed on we play wingbacks and 3 at the back and I'm saying no matter how it's dressed up we are either playing with wingers as wingbacks again which we have already seen how poor that is under warnock or we are playing Taylor and dijksteel there who are not good outlets as your attacking wide players. Bola and spence yes fair enough they can both do a good job there. 

Its like playing 4231 when you have no wingers or a number 10. It doesn't make sense to me. 

Alot of fans have spent years asking for some wingers and to watch some decent attacking football especially at home. Now we have a few good options I want to see them utilised and given a chance I don't want to see them shackled in a wingback role out of position or the likes of diksteel and Taylor as our outlets on the flanks. 

Its all about opinions and how you look at things. I look at things practically. Others look things through Rose tinted specs and just hope for the best regardless. I'll be happy if we play 442 or 451 with our squad and I won't be if we play 352 or 532 as I think it is, if we play well and start winning games and shoot up the league I'll say fair enough I was wrong. It's a football forum for people to give their opinions so why should I leave? It's what it's all about.

Completely agree with you FOC...................................even if you are wrong😁

Well game day and a game that is attracting great interest.

I think we will see a more urgent and busy Boro today and hopefully bossing the game!

One of my pet hates is how many times opposition has dominated possession when we are at home, ok it is what you do when you have the ball but it is time to stamp some authority at The Riverside

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Chelsea play with wingbacks. City do occasionally. Leicester play with wing backs. West ham play with wing backs.

Are they defensive?

A formation is just a formation, it's not negative (unless you're playing pulis's 541) in itself, it's about the intent and how fluid the formation is that actually matters. 

2 hours ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

That alerted my attention as well.  Also the square pegs in round holes comment and the Tav bit.  Cannot recall CW and NW having history but NW did upset many.  Forgot to mention he also mentioned again joining different parts of the club again i.e. academy etc.

Maybe it's a Sheff Utd thing as their both from there, I'm guessing they may know each other quite well and generally don't get on.

If that's true I bet its a right kick in the teeth for Warnock to lose his job to someone he doesn't get on with.

Quite funny really

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)