• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

We need to simply get rid of the likes of Peltier Ikpeazu Howson etc just nowhere near it. Coburn is a million miles away and should go on loan.

Can’t see us doing anything until January and we can get players in, the first 15 was brilliant and what Wilder wants to implement 

I didn’t expect much but we just don’t have it and I think expecting Chris can change it is asking a miracle. 
I thought we had much more energy and determination but dear me the decision making and final ball is shocking. 
We should have had three points but for the bent ref but ha I would take a point before kick off. 

• Like 1

Bleh.

That second 45 minutes was a return to Warnock-ball. Disorganised, lacklustre and scrappy. Think we created 2 or 3 half-decent chances to win the game. Millwall had one two themselves, but it was mostly a yawn-fest.

If the players really can't do more than 60 minutes before tiring out, then Boro have a serious problem that probably needs to be Wilder's #1 priority to sort out.

First half I'd like to think we saw the green shoots of promise of what we can expect in the weeks and months to come. Boro looked by far the better team: fast, fluid and dangerous in attack.

13 shots at goal with 7 on target...don't think we ever got stats like those under Warnock. Also won 10 corners.

We're still lousy at set pieces - both in attack and defending.

Wilder and his team have their work cut out for them, but there is definitely cause for optimism.

Less said about the clueless *** of a ref the better. Probably would have won the game, but for his ineptitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, thomas said:

I think we are going to have to give Wilder alot of time, maybe 20-25 games to get these players out of the Pulis/Woodgate/Warnock mould. Second half they reverted straight back to the way Warnock would have had them playing. 

Personally I don’t think we have the right players. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Bleh.

That second 45 minutes was a return to Warnock-ball. Disorganised, lacklustre and scrappy. Think we created 2 or 3 half-decent chances to win the game. Millwall had one two themselves, but it was mostly a yawn-fest.

If the players really can't do more than 60 minutes before tiring out, then Boro have a serious problem that probably needs to be Wilder's #1 priority to sort out.

First half I'd like to think we saw the green shoots of promise of what we can expect in the weeks and months to come. Boro looked by far the better team: fast, fluid and dangerous in attack.

13 shots at goal with 7 on target...don't think we ever got stats like those under Warnock. Also won 10 corners.

We're still lousy at set pieces - both in attack and defending.

Wilder and his team have their work cut out for them, but there is definitely cause for optimism.

Less said about the clueless *** of a ref the better. Probably would have won the game, but for his ineptitude.

We can’t pass, we don’t move and final decision making is woeful.. 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

We can’t pass, we don’t move and final decision making is woeful.. 

We were passing and moving really well for large stretches, especially the first half and created a couple good chances from incredible defence splitting passes!

It faded obviously, but I don't think this is a particularly fair criticism today IMO.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Personally I don’t think we have the right players. 

I think Wilder will be looking to overhaul the squad at the earliest opportunity.

Players like Bamba, Peltier, Crooks, Howson, Ikpeazu and Hernandez were all Warnock favourites.

I think Jones has potential but needs to improve his decision-making. Not convinced about Bola as a winger. Clearly has skill on the ball, but there's no point being able to go past opponents if you can't find your team mates.

I think quite a few changes will be necessary, but in the meantime I'd like to think he can at least get the lads' fitness up to scratch, so we don't spend most of the second half wandering around like the pitch like zombies.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We were passing and moving really well for large stretches, especially the first half and created a couple good chances from incredible defence splitting passes!

It faded obviously, but I don't think this is a particularly fair criticism today IMO.

To be fair and sadly if it was Sunday morning league I would agree. 

Was just thinking about how the 2nd half clearly dropped off (what's new?) but we still looked in control of the ball more often than not and I can't think of a single chance Millwall had to take the points because the defensive unit was just better. The energy levels dropped and because our plan to defend wasn't based on running all over the pitch we seemed to handle trouble better.

I think the ref really got under people's skin today. We have to improve on that front. Got to learn to let things go a bit at this level because we're having the same problem every game. They're just not good enough, they're gonna cost a lot of teams points and gift them to others and today is just another example.

• Like 1