• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

Maybe they aren’t all fit enough, but one of the big differences in second half was loss of Sporar. He and Watmore ran their socks off in first half and pulled the defenders around to try to make space for each other. Coburn doesn’t have the ability or speed to do that. Also thought he didn’t put the effort in - he was ambling around instead of sprinting to chase down. Can’t see him getting many chances under Wilder playing like that.

Agree Bamba had a poor game - but think it’s a bit unfair to criticise him and Peltier too much - they were brought in purely as cover and overall have done all you could expect from reserve choices in this league.

• Like 3

looked better today i thought. played some good stuff and got unlucky with their goal.  we finally didnt concede in the 2nd half, actually had a number of shots on target and having more possesion than the other side was a nice change from the warnock days (even if it was only by 1%).

just a reminder to those saying the squad isnt good enough to play the way he wants, its only been 2 week, 2 weeks in which most of squad was away on international duty or injured. bit early to be making that claim with only 1 game to go on.
When wilder took over at sheff united, they didnt win for his first  4 games and were rock bottom of league one, they ended up finishing first with over 100 points....

that being said, imnot saying i expect us to go up this year of anything, just pointing out that claiming the squad isnt good enough/need a complete overhaul after one game seems a tad premature to me. Lets have patience and save the "the players arnt good enough to play his style" chat till hes actually had time to implement it.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 2

Hi guys another Blades fan here.

I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

I can remember his third game in charge of us,it was a night match v Southend in League one. After 15 minutes we were 0-3 down at home and adrift at the bottom of the table.We lost by that score and at the end of the game I turned to my mate and said we should have stuck with Nigel Adkins .....

We won League one that season with 100 points,14 clear of second place.

I am 58 and in his five seasons with us we played some of the best football I have ever seen at Bramall lane.We were in a Champions league spot for some of the season in our first one back in the Premier League,beating the likes of Spurs and Chelsea at home 3-0 but not just beating them,totally running them ragged.

I have no idea of the quality of your squad,but be patient.I expect him to bring a few players in to the club in January and I'd expect you to make the play offs this season. Next season I will throw money on you to go up automatically.

You will have the fittest team,playing hi tempo passing football that will have you off your seats.

We had internal problems and Wilder could not work for the new owner,I'd take him back at Bramall Lane in a heartbeat,if we had kept him he would have brought us straight back up.

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it.

So I'll just say,"Enjoy the ride,you lucky,lucky people"

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
50 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Who gives a toss what Chelsea are doing? We're middlesbrough and we have different players to Chelsea and that today didn't really work too well did it? It wasn't a disaster and for the first 30 minutes we were quite impressive but the rest of the game was drab l. I think we could have played better with a 442. They were there to be beaten today the formation was too negative especially in the 2nd half.

Chelsea would be outstanding in pretty much any formation they have world class players. We don't have players that can even cover the positions properly. 

On a positive note Sporar was much better playing a bit deeper at times today and getting involved in the transition. He could have had a goal and an assist in first half. Seems like wilder has given him the instruction to get more involved. That is what I have been wanting to see from him. Tav, Crooks and Howson improved but we were not dangerous enough in the wide areas which meant millwall got a grip of what we were doing by 30 minutes then we barely threatened inside the area. 

Anyway I'm sure your absolutely chuffed with the result and I look forward to your insightful future posts full of nothing noteworthy.

Worked perfectly fine today mate. Bola was a constant threat down the left, one of the better players today & Jones was a problem - let down by some poor passing. Hernandez was equally as effective when he came on at RWB.

Missed the game because I was in bed (unexpected night shift tonight!) but I had a feeling Wilder wouldn't start with a win. We never seem to get that new manager "bounce" like other teams do.

Reading the comments and looking at the stats it seemed we probably would have won if not for the ref which is promising I guess. 

I hope Sporar isn't out for too long, he'll be the key to us making the playoffs this season.

we resembled a football team at times today. seemed like we had a way of playing throughout. the increased intensity really showed in the 2nd half. but even that was better than a lot of our previous performances.

Tav looked bright in CM, and had plenty of good attempts on target today.

Will be interesting to see how we incorporate Payero when he's fit

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Worked perfectly fine today mate. Bola was a constant threat down the left, one of the better players today & Jones was a problem - let down by some poor passing. Hernandez was equally as effective when he came on at RWB.

I disagree mate although overall it wasn't a terrible performance. Bola had a good game but he didn't deliver enough crosses from the positions he was in and looked to play the ball inside alot instead of whipping it in. Jones did well defensively at times but barely did anything in the attacking 3rd imo because he was shackled with too much of a defensive burden and he's out of position. We didn't create much at all after the first 20 minutes other than long range shots and crooks right at the end from a flick on after a set piece. Once they got to grips with how we were playing they dropped the defence a bit deeper and we had little penetration. They were poor today but at the end of the day the second half performance just wasn't good enough to get us 3 points. Away from home against the better sides fair enough but overall today after a good start it just wasn't good enough against a very average side who offered little going forward. 

Possibly he wanted to go 3 at the back due to hall being injured as there wasn't a proper cb who he trusts to partner sol at the back in a 4. Well see how things unfold when we get few players back in defence I hope we will change it up a bit especially at home. Hopefully we can get the win against Preston and go from there.

Have to look at the positives considering we’re only a week and a bit in.

More Possesion, More Corners, 7 SOT to Millwall’s 1, More Big Chances Missed and actual football being attempted in the final third.

That first 15 was a glimpse into what Wilder wants to produce and it was very refreshing and entertaining, it’ll come 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Have to look at the positives considering we’re only a week and a bit in.

More Possesion, More Corners, 7 SOT to Millwall’s 1, More Big Chances Missed and actual football being attempted in the final third.

That first 15 was a glimpse into what Wilder wants to produce and it was very refreshing and entertaining, it’ll come 

The midfield did look much better even howson looked reasonable in the first half. Tav was excellent and crooks had a good game first half especially. There was positives it wasnt awful but I think millwall were really poor and it was a game we should have won. I hope he gives Jones and Hernandez a chance to play in their natural positions in the same team together especially at home. I'm convinced we will be better for it.

Let's see how we get on against Preston it's another winnable game. I'll be interested to see what we do when hall is fit if it's still 532 I think that will be it sealed and that's how we will play. I imagine our wingers will be leaving in January if that's the case.

2 hours ago, Bladesman said:

Hi guys another Blades fan here.

I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

I can remember his third game in charge of us,it was a night match v Southend in League one. After 15 minutes we were 0-3 down at home and adrift at the bottom of the table.We lost by that score and at the end of the game I turned to my mate and said we should have stuck with Nigel Adkins .....

We won League one that season with 100 points,14 clear of second place.

I am 58 and in his five seasons with us we played some of the best football I have ever seen at Bramall lane.We were in a Champions league spot for some of the season in our first one back in the Premier League,beating the likes of Spurs and Chelsea at home 3-0 but not just beating them,totally running them ragged.

I have no idea of the quality of your squad,but be patient.I expect him to bring a few players in to the club in January and I'd expect you to make the play offs this season. Next season I will throw money on you to go up automatically.

You will have the fittest team,playing hi tempo passing football that will have you off your seats.

We had internal problems and Wilder could not work for the new owner,I'd take him back at Bramall Lane in a heartbeat,if we had kept him he would have brought us straight back up.

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it.

So I'll just say,"Enjoy the ride,you lucky,lucky people"

Thanks.

We had another Blades fan on here give us the lowdown on Wilder...very similar to what you said.

We're a patient lot at Boro (mostly) and no-ones expecting miracles. We know our squad needs a lot of work and I think most of us would happily take a top 6 finish this season.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Missed the game because I was in bed (unexpected night shift tonight!) but I had a feeling Wilder wouldn't start with a win. We never seem to get that new manager "bounce" like other teams do.

Reading the comments and looking at the stats it seemed we probably would have won if not for the ref which is promising I guess. 

I hope Sporar isn't out for too long, he'll be the key to us making the playoffs this season.

It was pretty much the clichéd game of two halves.

We looked very slick and attack-minded first half - a real transformation from the Warnock days. Then the ref had his brainfart in allowing Millwall's goal to stand (credited as a Bamba o.g.) and it seemed to knock us a bit.

Seems fatigue set in second half and we were nothing like as energetic. But we still managed to control the game fairly well and prevent Millwall having many chances.

Should have been a win for us, but give Wilder time and I think we can expect good things.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Thanks.

We had another Blades fan on here give us the lowdown on Wilder...very similar to what you said.

We're a patient lot at Boro (mostly) and no-ones expecting miracles. We know our squad needs a lot of work and I think most of us would happily take a top 6 finish this season.

Thats a joke, right?