• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Hes just posing in his house with his foot in a mop bucket full of ice 🤣

Ah good. Wilder went some way to praising him and Sporar, especially Sporar. Hopefully both are fit. I can see Onel coming in at RWB for Jones.

How did the wing backs look in his system? 
was it a case of them playing as traditional wing backs, sitting deep etc or was it more a wing back in name only and they were high up the pitch?

I only ask as it’s my one worry about this system, we finally have a couple of decent wide players and I’d think they’d be wasted at wing back. On paper at least, we don’t have the squad to play 5 at the back effectively. But it would depend how he uses them.

4 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

How did the wing backs look in his system? 
was it a case of them playing as traditional wing backs, sitting deep etc or was it more a wing back in name only and they were high up the pitch?

I only ask as it’s my one worry about this system, we finally have a couple of decent wide players and I’d think they’d be wasted at wing back. On paper at least, we don’t have the squad to play 5 at the back effectively. But it would depend how he uses them.

Bola did well got forward alot had a good long range strike which the keeper had to push over but offered little in the way of crosses he looked comfortable as ifs quite a natural position for him. Jones did well defensively but never managed to get into the game in the final 3rd really and Hernandez looked lively with a few good dribbles but didn't have enough time to really influence the game.

Imo the wingbacks just looked like wingbacks they certainly don't abandon their defensive duties. The main difference between yesterday and warnock was the interplay in midfield with tav and crooks mainly allowing us to keep possession better and sporar getting much more involved in the build up play instead of just waiting on the shoulder for a through ball which was good to see it made a big difference first half.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/middlesbrough/12473867/middlesbrough-1-1-millwall

Highlights from the game and there were a few, just a pity it all went flat in the second half shrove Tuesday comes to mind🙂

I hope the referee asks for forgiveness for his sins against football.

Overall I thought we played much better stuff. Especially since it's only his first game.

Keeper is a big issue that needs looked at, whether Stoj gets a chance or we cancel Daniels loan and get someone in.

Back 3 did ok. It's just make do until we get players back, I will say, as much as I love big Djik......he needs to prove he can stay fit, similar could be said of Bola and Fry or they could be replaced or left behind.

Wing backs again were ok. I think there is potential for Jones to be coached for that position. I still feel personally I'd like Bola competing with that left CB spot but similar to Jones potential for lwb.

Howson can't be starting. I really hope Wilder sees that he offers very little. I think the way Wilder sets up his 3 without a proper defensive or attacking mid but instead 3 that can do a bit of both with high energy will suit us very well once Payero comes in for Howson.

Front 2 is where I think we need a top quality signing. Uche is a backup, Watmore runs around a lot and played ok yesterday but lacks quality and can't be relied upon injury wise. Sporar is great but we are missing that second forward with a bit more nous. The job Mcgoldrick did for him at Sheffield.

A quick mention about Spence. After seeing some potential with Jones I think I'd be inclined to leave Spence at Forest for the season. Let the lad enjoy his football and hopefully continue to improve, that way if Jones doesn't progress as we'd hope we have a quality player coming back. If Jones does kick on and we decide to cash in on Spence then it boosts the coffers for the summer. 

31 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Overall I thought we played much better stuff. Especially since it's only his first game.

Keeper is a big issue that needs looked at, whether Stoj gets a chance or we cancel Daniels loan and get someone in.

Back 3 did ok. It's just make do until we get players back, I will say, as much as I love big Djik......he needs to prove he can stay fit, similar could be said of Bola and Fry or they could be replaced or left behind.

Wing backs again were ok. I think there is potential for Jones to be coached for that position. I still feel personally I'd like Bola competing with that left CB spot but similar to Jones potential for lwb.

Howson can't be starting. I really hope Wilder sees that he offers very little. I think the way Wilder sets up his 3 without a proper defensive or attacking mid but instead 3 that can do a bit of both with high energy will suit us very well once Payero comes in for Howson.

Front 2 is where I think we need a top quality signing. Uche is a backup, Watmore runs around a lot and played ok yesterday but lacks quality and can't be relied upon injury wise. Sporar is great but we are missing that second forward with a bit more nous. The job Mcgoldrick did for him at Sheffield.

A quick mention about Spence. After seeing some potential with Jones I think I'd be inclined to leave Spence at Forest for the season. Let the lad enjoy his football and hopefully continue to improve, that way if Jones doesn't progress as we'd hope we have a quality player coming back. If Jones does kick on and we decide to cash in on Spence then it boosts the coffers for the summer. 

Daniels isn't a loan. He signed a 2yr deal. 

We have 3 very good young keepers in the squad, I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them starts next season. 

33 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Why ruin Jones's potential by playing him as a wingback. He's a very tricky winger who can offer alot in an advanced position. We should play him in his correct position or sell him to someone who can develop him properly. Ok he can do a job as a wingback but it's a total waste of the best winger we have had at this club since traore and adomah. These are the most important years for him as a wingers peak is generally younger than other positions and wasting him in a defensive role is poor on him. 

@Dan1234 Daniels is here on a permanent 2yr deal.

All 3 of our keepers are here on permanent deals. I think club will look to move on Stoj and Lumley and keep Daniels as back up and then try and find a keeper. Randolph is currently 3rd choice at West Ham and there is Woodman at Newcastle who 3rd choice there. Just two from top of my head who I can think of that would improve us.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Why ruin Jones's potential by playing him as a wingback. He's a very tricky winger who can offer alot in an advanced position. We should play him in his correct position or sell him to someone who can develop him properly. Ok he can do a job as a wingback but it's a total waste of the best winger we have had at this club since traore and adomah. These are the most important years for him as a wingers peak is generally younger than other positions and wasting him in a defensive role is poor on him. 

I see where you’re coming from but Jones’ major weakness is his finishing, which is important for a winger in today’s game.

He has all the attributes for a wing back, great going forward and providing whilst still being very switched on defensively 

Screenshot_20211121-104812_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4885ab474c07cf492fbcdf6cecc11c58.jpg

Sassy use of image by the club.

I like it.

I'm completely baffled by the ref ignoring the incident, I could forgive him for not producing a red card (though it was one) but to not even class it as a foul is ridiculous.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

It’s the first time I’ll blame a ref for influencing the result. Shocking standards. 

It’s also been pointed out but if you don’t have 100% confidence in the keeper then those split second making decisions cost goals. On that note it was yet another sloppy goal that cost points and should have been avoided. 

Second have was disappointing but fitness levels can improve the situation but the question should be asked why are the players so unfit given the wonderful facilities. I don’t think we have the quality needed to compete top table.
Absent are the basics of move, pass, receive and the important decision making however this will improve with better fitness but it’s obvious we need better players. 

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

I see where you’re coming from but Jones’ major weakness is his finishing, which is important for a winger in today’s game.

He has all the attributes for a wing back, great going forward and providing whilst still being very switched on defensively 

I can see why people think he can do a job as a wingback he can but hes barely had a chance to prove his finishing as he's been a wingback more than a winger. He created loads of chances for us as a winger and won loads of fouls in and around opponents box and got 2 players sent off as a winger at the start of the season. As a wingback his attacking output is massively reduced due to having the ball much deeper with less one on one opportunities in areas he can really affect the game. His shooting didn't look great but he's barely had a chance to prove anything in that department as I can't remember him being in a shooting position since the opening weeks. We have 3 wingers in browne Jones and Hernandez who can really hurt teams and also work hard for the team defensively it would be criminal not to use them in a system that let's them play in their natural positions but if its 532 just get rid of them and bring in some actual wingbacks it's not fair on them and it's square pegs in round holes which we really need to get away from doing it's driving me insane.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar Colin
  • Like 1