• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys another Blades fan here. I've been reading with interest Boro fans views on Chris Wilder. I cannot tell you how lucky you are to have got him and how envious the majority of our lot are.

Yep been working on various different systems but prodimenatly using wing backs, unfortunately don't have a clue on the actual line up. Stoj has been used heavily in keeping drills this week so w

Its time ladies and gents! Warnock’s Warriors ™ are no more. Neil has been given the shunt, left with nothing else to do but annoy Sharon and fill the rest of his time blowing hot air on Talkspor

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Let’s hope Wilder can help him mould into a more finished product. And we can work on Tav after Neymar settles in 

And some people think he doesn't add anything to our midfield... 🙄

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

So it’s his fault if someone else misses?

Unfortunately it doesn't specify whether they were his chances or somebody elses, nor does it state how good those chances were.  What it says to me is that his decision making and/or execution need to improve.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Unfortunately it doesn't specify whether they were his chances or somebody elses, nor does it state how good those chances were.  What it says to me is that his decision making and/or execution need to improve.

Very strange take on that statistic. So creating 26 chances means you have to question decision making? 

• Like 3

In fairness you can only base your opinion on what you see. Tav is exceptionally frustrating at times. A very talented player who lets himself down with final passes and, at times, woeful shooting.

I am sure this is why he gets criticised. He has the ability to offer so much more and add to his game. Frustration at an unfulfilled talent in my book.

• Like 1

Nice to hear Wilder say he wants as many players as possible playing in they natural position as possible.

Obviously accepts there will be injuries so hand might be forced from time to time but explained signing of Neil Taylor was to provide competition for Bola and offer us another natural left foot down there as ideally he does not want to stick Tav etc there if Bola injured

Given that for the most part, the coaches around the first team squad in the last few years haven't really been of a calibre that might have helped him push on, I feel that there is still a chance for him to improve enough to make a difference for us. Some people are so naturally gifted that it comes easy and others have to work hard to make the grade. Most of us think that Tav has most of the tools but falls down on his decision making and a lot of that is due to him having relatively few options when he needs to make a pass or shoot. Hopefully this will change as we incorporate new ideas and tactics, but for the next year or two, time is on his side and if Wilder can improve him as much as he has done with players at his earlier clubs, then he will be OK. The last thing he needs is the crowd getting on his case when it is obvious he is one of the most willing to make an effort and if he is actually given a specific role rather that being continually moved, that can only benefit him.   

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Thank you! What do you glean from that information?

All I glean from that stat is that he creates more than most of our players.

Whether or not his decision making is good or bad is independent from it.  

10 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

All I glean from that stat is that he creates more than most of our players.

Whether or not his decision making is good or bad is independent from it.  

More than all our players, if that stat is to be believed!

Edited by JonnyMFC
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Comments in the Gazette show he's still concerned about the availability of players. I think it's safe to assume we're down to bare bones and anyone who comes in will be a shock to everyone.

I get the feeling that Wilder really isn't happy with how the previous staff handles injuries and fitness, too.

I got the impression from the quotes that Wilder is gobsmacked with how unfit the players are. You get the impression there was no control in place. Makes sense as even Warnock was complaining about players not eating meals etc. But surely someone is responsible for that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I got the impression from the quotes that Wilder is gobsmacked with how unfit the players are. You get the impression there was no control in place. Makes sense as even Warnock was complaining about players not eating meals etc. But surely someone is responsible for that.

It would make sense, as we have tended to go down hill in the second half. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Millwall 1-1 (Crooks)