oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

Thought it was good that Wilder almost immediately addressed our reaction to the Millwall goal in his presser. Clearly he was annoyed and understands the players frustrations but you have to move on from that, especially at this level where the referee's decision is made and that's done with and there's no clarity over what the right decision was, just your own thoughts and feelings at the time.

I just don't think we did that under Warnock because what are you supposed to do when the manager can't stop thinking about it either and is storming up and down the touchline over every little thing. I remember that Blackpool goal that came from a bad refereeing decision, the free-kick in the middle of the pitch that shouldn't have been a free-kick. By the time they take the free-kick, Warnock is still fuming and hasn't done anything but fume about it since it happened. The fans were bloody cheering Warnock on for his response to it. Seconds later, Blackpool equalise and it's all about the injustice of the decision and eventually Blackpool push on and win, despite how lucky the winner was.

You can forgive frustration because we feel it as fans too but you have to try and move on from it and get on with the game and put it out of your minds. The manager has a huge role in that. That happens in and out of football. A good manager will understand your frustrations but also help you see the bigger picture, not lose their own head at the same time.

• Like 5
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

Given our points tally draws are no good to us so hoping we go out and put on a show and get to see some decent football. All in or out for me but no sending off please. 
I am looking forward to the game to be fair but not expecting any dramatic, magical result to happen in Chris second game but I am hoping to see a little bit of Chris DNA on the pitch. Wonder if he will ever mention NW by name, maybe we should all chip in and the winner closest to the month he does, wins the pot. 

Had a daft idea of buying myself a new BORO shirt for Christmas, dear lord what’s going on..  

Edited by sanddancer
6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Given our points tally draws are no good to us so hoping we go out and put on a show and get to see some decent football. All in or out for me but no sending off please. 
I am looking forward to the game to be fair but not expecting any dramatic, magical result to happen in Chris second game but I am hoping to see a little bit of Chris DNA on the pitch. Wonder if he will ever mention NW by name, maybe we should all chip in and the winner closest to the month he does, wins the pot. 

Had a daft idea of buying myself a new BORO shirt for Christmas, dear lord what going on..  

Christ I hope Chris doesn't put his DNA on the pitch! Do that in private, Chris! 🤢

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Big coat tonight lads.

if you’re going of course…

Last night the wife asked for the central heating to be turned on, she said It was bitter cold. I told her she needs to move around a bit more because turning blue is not a good sign. We had a compromise and I shared the electric blanket. 

Wonder when we will see the first Santa outfits. 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Christ I hope Chris doesn't put his DNA on the pitch! Do that in private, Chris! 🤢

Not that type of DNA.. Anyway in this weather it is likely to be in pellets 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Haha 3

Hope I get a chance to watch the game tonight. I'm a bit excitet about seeing us transform from Warnock ball to something else. We've got some gifted players with the ball at their feet, so I'm just pleased if I can see us moving in that direction.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)