• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

Disastrous result. We are absolutely wide open on the break not enough pace at the back to have 3cbs. We had chances but not great ones nothing massively clear cut. We should have had a penner so should they I don't think we can have any complaints. Go back to basics wilder this formation will not work with these players it didn't work under warnock its not working now. 1 point against Millwall and Preston is home is an absolute disaster for a team in the wrong half of the table. Absolute disaster.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

We do need VAR tbf

Yeah, I'd love to wildly celebrate the ball hitting the back of the net and then have to wait for up to three minutes while someone I can't see does something I can't see before concluding a player had a kneecap on a blue line so the goal is disallowed and the celebrations were for nothing. That's exactly why I fell in love with football in the first place.

We need VAR almost as much as we need Warnock back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look good positives in the way we played out from the back and the build up play. I think we lost the game becuase we are mentally fragile but we lost the chance of winning the game by not taking our chances again........this needs to be addressed before the defence in January, most teams in the championship cant defend but most of them can score we need 20 chances to do it. We were the exception under Karanka that we could defend but goals were rare for a top 6 side, Wilder doesn't set teams up like that. 

1 minute ago, Tuns said:

Disappointed to lose that one but I was quite impressed tonight. Can definitely see us going in the right direction.

I actually enjoyed watching the game tonight despiste the result. Could see some positives in how we play and how we moved the ball about. We're far from the finished product but the onus is definitely getting shifted onto the players now. Tactically Wilder is mile's ahead of Warnock. He'll quickly suss out the weak links in the team. 

He will but he can’t change over half the squad. 
We had more then double there shots, we had more attacks in the last third, fact our stats were superior but we lost. 
I am happy enough because I believe we will improve even with some of the dross we have but if Chris gets what he wants I can see us top half. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

No. That’s how it looked to me on the one replay they showed. Tav just hammered the ball into the player who was keeping his arms close to the body. 

Was a blatant pen, arms close to his body but in front of his chest, not a natural position at all

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Yeah, I'd love to wildly celebrate the ball hitting the back of the net and then have to wait for up to three minutes while someone I can't see does something I can't see before concluding a player had a kneecap on a blue line so the goal is disallowed and the celebrations were for nothing. That's exactly why I fell in love with football in the first place.

We need VAR almost as much as we need Warnock back.

With VAR we likely beat Millwall, but also potentially concede two penalties today, so swings and roundabouts really.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

Honestly for 80% of that game I was thoroughly enjoying what I was seeing. We were excellent.

Yet again, we're done by not being able to finish off chances and not scoring the killer 2nd and 3rd goals and we definitely had the chances to do so. 

Again what has undone us is two moments of school boy defending, but that's been a problem all season, so Wilder has a hell of a job to fix that.

The back 5 is honestly League Two standard, throwing the keeper in there too. Bamba and Peltier should be nowhere near the side (if they weren't Warnock's mates, they wouldn't be). Bola and Jones as wing backs is always going to leave us a bit exposed, even though I did think Jones had a great game. Paddy is a midfielder for me and always will be. 

Wilder will have a class team this time next year. Just write the season off, because he's not a miracle worker, and unless we get some proper footballers in January I can't see him improving some of the utter tripe in this side. They're unfit, constantly injured, and lack composure. Patience is the name of the game here.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
1 minute ago, mj south said:

Anyone know how much lo ger Fry is out for?

We're desperately missing him

In contention for Saturday apparently, along with Payero. Dijksteel was back on the bench tonight too.

Most of all, he needs to teach them to just calm the f*** down when a decision or goal goes against us. Two weeks in a row we've freaked out and shot ourselves in the foot. 

• Like 1

Played well up until the goal. So poor from Tav for there corner (unsure why he was marking Evans to start with?). 2nd goal what can you even say.

Unfortunately no clinical edge as always, and it’s probably more to do with personnel then anything Wilder could do. Hopefully we can add a striker who’s ruthless. Even wing backs. Thought Jones and Bola were poor going forward tonight. Crooks comes up with odd goal, so he’s fine. Tav seemingly can’t hit a barn door at the moment. Watmore has 1 goal all season.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

No. That’s how it looked to me on the one replay they showed. Tav just hammered the ball into the player who was keeping his arms close to the body. 

The ref had a good game got no arguements about it not being a penalty

Just watched the highlights again. What the @@@@ Bamba was thinking if anything but the BORO players switched off before the ball was cleared. NONE were on there toes and all flat-footed and no one moved.  Shocking. 

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Was a blatant pen, arms close to his body but in front of his chest, not a natural position at all

Huh? So he’s meant to have his arms out? Defenders are told to keep there arms in, for that very reason. Never a penalty.

• Like 3