oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

Honestly think it's going to be like this for a while everyone. 

Could see clear as day that the players still wanted to play a la Warnock but having to play a new way. Midfield was static off the ball (except Crooks who worked well). The amount of time that Tav was stood still with his hands out gesturing to give him the ball, and not moving to create a space/angle, then flail his arms around when he didn't get it was frankly absurd at this level. 

Players just caught between 2 playing styles at the moment. Summed up with the calamitous 2nd goal. Paddy wanted Sol to whack it a'la Warnock so just stood still, Bamba trying to play the new way and passed it to a static an unexpecting Paddy.

Think we have to reserve judgement for at least another 8-10 games. January is going to be very interesting...

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

I am proud of the way we played ... 

Every good team always have flukes ... 

Now we have used our flukes for the season and have only good results yet to come.. 

Merry Christmas, you sad and crying ones

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Even though it clearly was?

DZ  that was one passage of play which may have gone against us, it does not however excuse the missed chances and rank poor efending hich we were very culpible of today..............again

Feel so bad for Bamba. Already done more then any of us expected for him. Can’t believe he’s even playing 3 games a week. Bar that one mistake, he didn’t put a foot wrong all game (again). You just know he’s gonna be beating himself up.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Tav needs to start being a team player and contributing the same can be said for Jones, both were poor today again and tthis is now the norm for both

I said Tav and Jones should have been pulled off in the first half. The question is for who though. 

Are we going to use Dijksteel as rwb or in the back three. A back three of dijk, fry and McNair would have bit more pace than today. I appreciate that Bamba has done well but there is no future in him. But then again Jones isn’t really good enough to be rwb in my eyes. Probably be decent to get Spence back with the form he’s been in at forest. 

Very promising signs up until the equaliser. Kept the ball well, quick passing, plenty of chances created. A couple of players short and a stronger mentality needed. Another centre back, right wingback and another striker. Crooks outstanding today.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Honestly think it's going to be like this for a while everyone. 

Could see clear as day that the players still wanted to play a la Warnock but having to play a new way. Midfield was static off the ball (except Crooks who worked well). The amount of time that Tav was stood still with his hands out gesturing to give him the ball, and not moving to create a space/angle, then flail his arms around when he didn't get it was frankly absurd at this level. 

Players just caught between 2 playing styles at the moment. Summed up with the calamitous 2nd goal. Paddy wanted Sol to whack it a'la Warnock so just stood still, Bamba trying to play the new way and passed it to a static an unexpecting Paddy.

Think we have to reserve judgement for at least another 8-10 games. January is going to be very interesting...

In 8-10 games we will be in a relegation scrap if we keep performing like this. 2 must win games really at home and we didn't deserve more than we got out of either really. Just not good enough. I hope Wilder is not a one trick pony because he's going to have to think of something better than this. 

9 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Huh? So he’s meant to have his arms out? Defenders are told to keep there arms in, for that very reason. Never a penalty.

Why would you jump with your arms in front of your chest if your intention is not for the ball to hit them?

I can't see Daniels lasting much longer in goal.

Thought Tavernier had a very poor game, though he largely made up for a lot of his mistakes defensively.

It looks like Peltier walked off holding his hamstring, so I expect he'll be missing on Saturday, and I don't think he was bad today. He nearly scored a stunner too.

Bamba is struggling lately, which is a shame given how well he had been doing.

Hoping Crooks isn't too badly hurt as he spent a good 5 minutes limping before shaking it off.