• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

One thing I did observe tonight, is that Warnock/Pulis football is hard engrained in an overwhelming number of our fans, to the point where if we played a one-two out wide and looked to switch it back inside, a good portion of people were screaming constantly to just 'stick it in the box'. 

Our fans have always had that attitude, its not a Pulis/ Warnock thing they were chanting similar stuff when we had world class players. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Our fans have always had that attitude, its not a Pulis/ Warnock thing they were chanting similar stuff when we had world class players. 

Unfortunately, I was between 13 and 16 spectating our 'Golden Era', therefore I was too entranced by Vidukas mesmeric feet to note what Tony from Dormanstown thought about him wearing gloves in mid-October.

• Haha 3
36 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

😂😂442 will sort it all out won’t it mate? I’d maybe keep your opinions to yourself. You don’t have a clue 

We wouldn't be 15th mate 🤣🤣🤣. Stop listening to YouTubers and thinking you know anything. Or maybe we should expect to win games by scoring from the edge of the box every week with no service for the strikers. 

Just now, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

We wouldn't be 15th mate 🤣🤣🤣. Stop listening to YouTubers and thinking you know anything. Or maybe we should expect to win games by scoring from the edge of the box every week with no service for the strikers. 

We played 442 once this season and drew with west brom. Bit better than home defeat to Preston and a draw against Millwall and battered away to Luton etc etc 

6 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Unfortunately, I was between 13 and 16 spectating our 'Golden Era', therefore I was too entranced by Vidukas mesmeric feet to note what Tony from Dormanstown thought about him wearing gloves in mid-October.

My abiding memory from that era was having Hasselbaink and Viduka up front, Yakubu and Maccarone on the bench and hearing dickheads complaining all game about Danny Graham not getting a game. 🙈

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I think we need to look at the three goals we've conceded in these two games.

They've been not very good from a defensive perspective/unlucky but we are now suddenly asking players at the wrong end of their career to play a new way of football. A back three of Dijksteel, Fry and McNair is very different to Peltier, Bamba and McNair in Wilder's system. Bamba and Peltier won't be here next season, they are short term. 

This season is going to just be like Karanka's first half season, Wilder is completely changing everything mid-season and some players just won't cope with the changes. 

The fans need to have some patience, let's get to January, get another CB in with a new keeper, get Spence back and lets see where we are. 

I do fear that there is is probably more deadwood in this squad than first thought. It's so apparent that Watmore can't play back to back games.

Edited by boksicdink
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

In other news, "Man on internet tells other person to stop listening to other people on the internet and wonders why people are ignoring him".  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2