oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

I thought Hernandez was perhaps one of the players that Wilder was referring to about not being a team player last night. His end product is awful, he tries to beat the same man 3 or 4 times. I’ve not been overly impressed by him since he came really and can’t see where he fits in this team 

• Like 4
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

I thought Hernandez was perhaps one of the players that Wilder was referring to about not being a team player last night. His end product is awful, he tries to beat the same man 3 or 4 times. I’ve not been overly impressed by him since he came really and can’t see where he fits in this team 

Thought he was bright when he came on for Jones at the weekend but almost anonymous last night alongside Sporar. There was one point he looked like he had a great opportunity to have a dig (middle of the goal, defenders split in two) and he stopped for a couple of seconds, allowed someone to recover and then tried to beat them again. The chance had gone, he just needed to have a shot on goal whilst the space was there to do it.

• Like 3

I agree re Hernandez. He just tries too hard to showboat and eventually he runs out of space. There were a few times last night when he could either have put the ball into the box or at least made a short pass to a free player. Trying to nutmeg the same defender 3-4 times before playing the ball isn't necessary.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Weve seen that before though. Djiksteel is horrific in a attacking sense. All his strengths lie in the defensive part of his game. I fully expect him to take Peltiers spot eventually but at least Peltier is putting in good enough performances that we don't need to rush Djiksteel back. 

Agree with @Humpty and @coney3 in the main. It's streets ahead of Warnock. We are just suffering from injuries and a few gaping holes in the squad. The back 3 has better quality to come in, the wing backs are a huge work in progress and may or may not be up to the job, keepers have been poo and the biggest hole for me is still a partner for Sporar. 

As you say, a few key guys to come back from injury plus a couple of new signings needed. I expect something like the below come January.

----------------New GK-----------------

---------Dijskteel-Fry-McNair----------

----Spence-Crooks-Payero-Tav-Bola--

-----------Balogun?-Sporar-------------

The likes of Watmore, Howson, Bamba, Peltier, Jones, JLS, Hernandez, and a new signing at LWB to rotate in - as we've seen, a strong squad is essential. 

• Like 2

Thing is, I think Peltier has been excellent for the last few games, so it's hard to justify bringing Dijksteel in for him yet.

With Bamba, even though I think he's been largely fine overall, you can at least justify bringing in Fry because he's been making mistakes and fatigue is setting in.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Imagine what Wilder could do with this team once the likes of Sporar, Payero, Browne and Siliki are all fit and playing with confidence. It's enough to give you a semi.

Not seen anything from Siliki to think hes going to be of any value to us, early days yes but so far no thanks 

33 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

As you say, a few key guys to come back from injury plus a couple of new signings needed. I expect something like the below come January.

The likes of Watmore, Howson, Bamba, Peltier, Jones, JLS, Hernandez, and a new signing at LWB to rotate in - as we've seen, a strong squad is essential. 

I expect Paddy to be the right sided CB and us to bring in a left footed CB. At Sheff Utd Wilder had O’Connoll there and then went and got Jack Robinson from Forest as he said he needed another left footed cb to provide competition and cover for O’Connoll.

This suggests he wants the left sided cb to be left footed in long term.

Robinson is currently not in favour at Sheff Utd and has 6 months left.

Our recruitment team should have plenty of option for Wilder to choose from given we were after a left footed defender all summer.

• Like 1

Just watched the Tav shot that lead to their break and 2nd goal. It's frustrating he's not took it first time but I think Sporar's movement towards the ball has done him in a bit there which is probably what leads him to take the touch.

Not convinced by the calls for a penalty from it. Lad's arms are down really, only strikes the ball because he spins his body. Not overly convinced by the call for a penalty from the Preston striker either. Him and Tav pretty much go in for the barge together and of course, he goes down as a result of it because he knows he's going nowhere. Having said that, it's the kind of thing Paddy wins every week in a similar situation at the other end of the pitch so if it had been given, would it have been a terrible decision? Probably not.

44 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I think you've nailed this. 

I think we should cut ties with Hernandez if he doesnt fit directly in come January, as someone mentioned, that's wages and a squad place that could be used elsewhere. 

• Like 1

We all saw this season as a write off under Warnock, I think we need to keep the expectations low under Wilder this season. At least we’re now using the rest of this year to change our way of playing to; as seen last night, a much more attractive type of football. 

If a miracle happens this year and we get play offs great but after 6 months coaching under Wilder and 2 transfer windows we’ll be very competitive at the start of next season, no doubt. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

To be fair there was a few of them last night. Jones had a few good opportunities to put some one in or play a simple ball, but he lost it more often than not. Tav again needs to be less greedy on the ball. Yes Hernandez is also so frustrating as you can see technically he's a good player but I've not seen a decent cross from him, they just need to keep it simple. The patient build up play last night is what they need to work more on and learn when to pass, rather than running down a blind alley.

22 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Needs to play with his head up a little more. He puts defenders on the back foot but needs to be a little more decisive.

hes predictable af. hell try and roll you or dummy inside and go byline. hes utter ***. i could defend against him.