oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

32 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Somewhere out there there must be a Nasty Bruiser of a CB one you need to feed raw meat to before a match One that's borderline Animal/Human...Its taken 48 hours to get over that last 10 minutes of the last Match I daren't come on here I would have been binned By the way It wasn't Sol Bambers fault that clearance...all our defence was inside the penalty area You're bound to hit one when clearing...Why Oh Why do we try to hang onto a 1 goal lead when the answer was to get a second or third goal... Just my opinion

I love Sol and he has plenty of goodwill in the bank... But it was 100% his fault. He had an absolute shocker there. If you watch it back there's no real excuse, I think he was just knackered from chasing back and wasn't thinking straight. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Who cares. We’d pick up more resource to allow us to grow as a club and a team. Never get this “we aren’t ready to go up.” Spiel.

Exactly, if there's even a small chance of coming 6th and going up this year it should be everyone's top priority. The chance might never come again, or not for many years. There's a worrying trend of the same few clubs dominating the top spots recently. We'll have the billionaire barcodes and Championship perma-winners Norwich back down next year too. 

That's why Pulis's play off tactics were so infuriating. When those chances come, you take them. That pretty weak Huddersfield side sneaked up via the play offs from 6th with a negative goal difference and they stayed up the next season.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

How on earth can someone watch that goal and say it wasn't Bamba's fault?

I think the build-up to the move is partly why it was so desperate. We collectively were not prepared for that attack at all and Bamba actually prevents a significant goal-scoring opportunity to begin with. I remember thinking phew, thank God for that.

For about 2 seconds. Then it was oh no. What have you done. He did the hard work, saved our *** then messed up big time.

The goal didn't come 100% because of him in the grand scheme of things I don't think but yeah, he's clearly at fault for making a really poor clearance.

• Like 1

What struck me with the goal was how much further up the pitch Bamba was than Peltier and McNair at the start of the move.

As the oldest and slowest of our 3 centre backs, he's surely the one you'd have furthest back as he's got to do less running then and can rely more on his positional sense.

He sprinted back from near the halfway line to stop the initial dangerous pass and then immediately messed up, it wouldn't surprise me if part of the reason for the mistake was because he was knackered from the sprint.

• Like 1

I think Fry might be replacing Bamba this weekend. And i think Wilder has a good “reason” in dropping him as he will say its a big ask for a 36yr old to play 3 games in 1 week.

I expect a back 3 of Paddy, Fry and Peltier. And if Fry not fit then I would be tempted to go with Dijksteel Paddy and Peltier

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Humpty said:

Who cares. We’d pick up more resource to allow us to grow as a club and a team. Never get this “we aren’t ready to go up.” Spiel.

In my opinion we're not good enough to go up we're a bang average Championship side, if I'm wrong great shoot me down in flames, but for me Wilder should have been appointed a couple of month before the season started and I'd gamble half of this squad wouldn't be here. He can't bring players in till January and I think that will be to late.

6 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I love Sol and he has plenty of goodwill in the bank... But it was 100% his fault. He had an absolute shocker there. If you watch it back there's no real excuse, I think he was just knackered from chasing back and wasn't thinking straight. 

I assumed the whistle had gone when he didn't just hoof it clear. 

5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think Fry might be replacing Bamba this weekend. And i think Wilder has a good “reason” in dropping him as he will say its a big ask for a 36yr old to play 3 games in 1 week.

I expect a back 3 of Paddy, Fry and Peltier. And if Fry not fit then I would be tempted to go with Dijksteel Paddy and Peltier

It looked like peltier pulled a hamstring in the buildup to Preston’s second goal so may not be fit for Saturday

9 minutes ago, ABH said:

It looked like peltier pulled a hamstring in the buildup to Preston’s second goal so may not be fit for Saturday

Yeah, he was repeatedly feeling the back of his leg as he walked around the pitch when he was substituted.

6 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It was Paddys fault for getting whacked by Bamba's clearance he should have jumped, ducked or dived out of the way.

If Bamba was so knackered after running 50 yards that he can't think straight then it's probably time for him to retire.  He simply made a mistake, a mistake that came because we've just changed managers, and they are asking the players to do completely different things.  Wilder wants them to play out, Warnock wanted them to just get rid.  Bamba was caught between those two things in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If Bamba was so knackered after running 50 yards that he can't think straight then it's probably time for him to retire.  He simply made a mistake, a mistake that came because we've just changed managers, and they are asking the players to do completely different things.  Wilder wants them to play out, Warnock wanted them to just get rid.  Bamba was caught between those two things in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it was to do with the manager wanting to change the way we play it was simply a mistake,  he's been a revelation and we would have been stuck without him.

1 hour ago, locoman1958 said:

I don't think it was to do with the manager wanting to change the way we play it was simply a mistake,  he's been a revelation and we would have been stuck without him.

I think it was because he tried to pass the ball out to Bola.  Ordinarily I think he'd have just cleared it anywhere and not worried about it.  Here he was looking for a pass.

• Like 1