oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

In 8-10 games we will be in a relegation scrap if we keep performing like this. 2 must win games really at home and we didn't deserve more than we got out of either really. Just not good enough. I hope Wilder is not a one trick pony because he's going to have to think of something better than this. 

Can’t argue 1 point from 6 isn’t the best start. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

Despite some of the same infuriating issues we've seen all season... When the dust settles I think we'll be able to pick out some positive signs from that. 

Spence, Fry, Dijksteel, Payero to return. New striker to partner Sporar in Jan. 

We won't go up but I bet we look alright by the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

In 8-10 games we will be in a relegation scrap if we keep performing like this. 2 must win games really at home and we didn't deserve more than we got out of either really. Just not good enough. I hope Wilder is not a one trick pony because he's going to have to think of something better than this. 

We 100% deserved to win against Millwall.

I'd also say on the balance of play we deserved to win today, even though I'd say it wasn't a great overall performance. We certainly didn't deserve to lose.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Oh just stop!

• Like 4

Let's face it, we are absolutely whacked after 60 minutes. The fitness levels are appalling and that's shown in the second half performances. What has Warnock and his team done in pre-season? 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Let's face it, we are absolutely whacked after 60 minutes. The fitness levels are appalling and that's shown in the second half performances. What has Warnock and his team done in pre-season? 

Well, Warnock had to buy a new bum bag, and all those copies of your picture don't sign themselves, you know

4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Can’t argue 1 point from 6 isn’t the best start. 

Come on ... Be a judge after 20 games, not two... 

Football is a game of fine marginals ... Sometimes you lose while playing good and sometimes you win when you shouldn't .. 

A two game sample is too small to tell us anything ... 

The play has improved a lot ... The results will come ... 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

So your saying we deserved to lose today??? You talk some *** you. Very rarely comment on here but can’t believe the stuff you post on here 

• Like 3

He is a proper miserable so and so that Foxtrot, there’s clear signs of progress in the first 70 and the manager has been here for 2 games. I’m all for accountability but blame the players

• Like 4

I caught 15 mins of the game where we were 1-0 up and then lost 2-1 lol. 

I have no idea how we played before that, but in that final 15 mins I was encouraged to see us at least, trying, to play football. That’s refreshing in itself. 

Yes Bamba made a mistake for their goal, after his recent performances, I’m willing to let it slide. It’s a mistake but he’s saved us from at least double figures, so he deserves a break. 

Our team is still unbalanced and not fully Wilders yet, but the signs are encouraging at least. It’s annoying to lose a game, but result aside, was it better than Warnock? id say yes from the stats at least. 

Wilder has been working with the players for a short amount of time but he’s trying to turn the tide on a ship which has been used to horrible football. It’ll take time but there are signs there that some of the foundations are being laid.

• Like 3
Just now, Mfcdanny said:

So your saying we deserved to lose today??? You talk some *** you. Very rarely comment on here but can’t believe the stuff you post on here 

Your a rose tinted idiot pal. We were the home team. In the first half they had 2 glorious opportunities and should have had a penalty. They were getting in behind us and we couldn't do the same. Yeh some of the football at the end of the second half was decent but not enough over the course of the match. All the chances were half chances from around the edge of the box. You can't say you deserve to win a game when your not creating cleat cut chances. You just enjoy the wingbacks you divy

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Football is not always fair, look at Pulis when he was here how many games did we think "how did we win that again?" absolute living proof you can win often and seemly not deserve it. Opposition teams must have absolutely hated us, I feel like that's what Preston just did. I dont we think we deserved to lose to clarify but neither do I think we deserved to win as yet again too many missed chances, you cant do that and expect to win.  

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Your a rose tinted idiot pal. We were the home team. In the first half they had 2 glorious opportunities and should have had a penalty. They were getting in behind us and we couldn't do the same. Yeh some of the football at the end of the second half was decent but not enough over the course of the match. All the chances were half chances from around the edge of the box. You can't say you deserve to win a game when your not creating cleat cut chances. You just enjoy the wingbacks you divy

Calm down Bassett 

• Like 3