oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hope I get a chance to watch the game tonight. I'm a bit excitet about seeing us transform from Warnock ball to something else. We've got some gifted players with the ball at their feet, so I'm just pleased if I can see us moving in that direction.

The only things that are tempering my expectations tonight is the energy levels and missing Sporar. It's a big chance for either Coburn or Uche to come in and show if they can do the business up top in this set-up. Be interesting to see if he makes any changes at all with no expected returns from injury. I'd expect him to go with the same team barring Sporar.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro v Preston North End Welcome to the latest installment of BearSmog's giftastic matchday thread. If you don't like gifs I warn you to look away now.. Introduction After, what ap

Don't worry about looking down the table. As i mentioned before i'm hugely encourages. We're making stratospheric leaps forward in the way we play but it's not going to click over night. Def

Extremely encouraged by last nights performance. Will put a bit more down later on. Forget the result, 2nd game in and we’re learning a new way of playing. There were some very good things on that pit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Wilder DNA is already sprouting. The hoof from kick off out of play has gone. 

The hoof from goal kicks is gone.

Wait til Payero gets firing in this team.

That's what really excites me, Payero looks made for this system. Honestly if he can get firing, JLS does too...

46 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Hope I get a chance to watch the game tonight. I'm a bit excitet about seeing us transform from Warnock ball to something else. We've got some gifted players with the ball at their feet, so I'm just pleased if I can see us moving in that direction.

I expect what we will see is another good first half where you see the sprouts of Wilderball, before we fade in the 2nd half as usual. Still has a long way to go to fix our 2nd half problems!

38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The only things that are tempering my expectations tonight is the energy levels and missing Sporar. It's a big chance for either Coburn or Uche to come in and show if they can do the business up top in this set-up. Be interesting to see if he makes any changes at all with no expected returns from injury. I'd expect him to go with the same team barring Sporar.

Is Sporar definitely not fit? I wonder if he might be a surprise inclusion, CW didn't rule him out and went as far as to say he was "doing everything" to be fit. Provided the ankle swelling has gone down and there wasn't anything longer term wrong...fingers crossed he may be back tonight! Him and Watmore were class on Saturday.

The 1st fixture between both clubs was a 1892 FAC 2nd cup tie at Linthorpe road with Preston running out 2-1 winners

This will be the 50th match on Teesside between both teams with the following record 

Won  - 27

Drew - 13

Lost 9

Goals for - 84

Goals against - 49

Some who have represented Boro & Preston

Hughie Mcllmoyle

Mick Baxter

Jordan Hugil

Sean St Ledger (3 month loan)

Dave Nugent

Alf Common 

Nobby Stiles

Kelhan O’Hanlon

29th November 1927 - George Camsell scored all 3 in a 3-0 away at Preston in the FAC 4th round, it was George’s 3rd HT, our 6th away HT, our 8th FAC HT & 43rd in total

3rd November 1934 -  Mick Fenton scored his 1st hattrick on this day when the Boro drew with Preston 3-3 at Ayresome Park, in a 1st division fixture, it was the 42nd HT at AP & 57th overall

Paul Kerr, who was the clubs 1st cash transfer following liquidation, made his Boro debut at home to Preston in the FAC 3rd round, 10th January 1987, fortunately we lost 1-0

Blast from the past

1:12:1973 Preston .jpg

01:12:73 v Preston.jpg

Boro v Preston match report.jpg

Stuey Boam challenges Preston keeper.jpg

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 7
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Is Sporar definitely not fit? I wonder if he might be a surprise inclusion, CW didn't rule him out and went as far as to say he was "doing everything" to be fit. Provided the ankle swelling has gone down and there wasn't anything longer term wrong...fingers crossed he may be back tonight! Him and Watmore were class on Saturday.

I feel like it might be pushing it a bit. I wouldn't risk it personally. Wilder has also said that we need players to be fit for longer so rushing him back doesn't sound like the best idea.

• Like 2

I'd be giving Ikpeazu the nod if he's fit tonight, give him a chance before January to fight for his place.

I wouldn't be risking Sporar, even though he's the better option, as he's probably a great fit for Wilder's style and it's not worth losing him for longer.

• Like 7

I reckon Sporar starts - sounds like a knock rather than muscular. Wonder who the other touch and go players are? Hopefully not Bola again. I'd start Hernandez over Jones tonight, looked lively when he came on. 

Fry and Payero should be back for the weekend apparently 💪

39 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Imagine what Wilder could do with this team once the likes of Sporar, Payero, Browne and Siliki are all fit and playing with confidence. It's enough to give you a semi.

well...    this does explain the username 🙂      may all your dreams come true, I'm off to buy shares in Kleenex.

• Haha 3
54 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Imagine what Wilder could do with this team once the likes of Sporar, Payero, Browne and Siliki are all fit and playing with confidence. It's enough to give you a semi.

Nah - too cold.

My experience of footy matches in winter is its all you can do to keep your extremities warm. 🥶🧊

1 hour ago, Erimus74 said:

The 1st fixture between both clubs was a 1892 FAC 2nd cup tie at Linthorpe road with Preston running out 2-1 winners

This will be the 50th match on Teesside between both teams with the following record 

Won  - 27

Drew - 13

Lost 9

Goals for - 84

Goals against - 49

Some who have represented Boro & Preston

Hughie Mcllmoyle

Mick Baxter

Jordan Hugil

Sean St Ledger (3 month loan)

Dave Nugent

Alf Common 

Nobby Stiles

Kelhan O’Hanlon

29th November 1927 - George Camsell scored all 3 in a 3-0 away at Preston in the FAC 4th round, it was George’s 3rd HT, our 6th away HT, our 8th FAC HT & 43rd in total

3rd November 1934 -  Mick Fenton scored his 1st hattrick on this day when the Boro drew with Preston 3-3 at Ayresome Park, in a 1st division fixture, it was the 42nd HT at AP & 57th overall

Paul Kerr, who was the clubs 1st cash transfer following liquidation, made his Boro debut at home to Preston in the FAC 3rd round, 10th January 1987, fortunately we lost 1-0

Blast from the past

1:12:1973 Preston .jpg

01:12:73 v Preston.jpg

Boro v Preston match report.jpg

Stuey Boam challenges Preston keeper.jpg

Great memories, im sure i was there as i only missed 1 home game that season. 8-0 v Sheff Wed. Most games are a blur after 5 or 6 pints in the Red Rose before kick off.

• Like 1

• Are you ready for our weekly game of 'Where's Martin'?

happy episode 9 GIF

I have a feeling he's off getting fitted for a thermal suit so he can cope with winter conditions in England.

• What will be your formation/starting line up for this match?

Believe Harrison Ford GIF by Indiana Jones

In Chris We Trust. I'm sure his preferred 3-5-2 will get us 3 points against Preston. We need to aim for consistency right now to get the players used to playing Wilder's style, so pretty much the same as last game, barring injuries, fitness worries etc.

• Which of our plethora of injured players will be back ready for Preston?

world cup soccer GIF by Animation Domination High-Defsoccer injuries GIF

Meh - they're not injured...the big softies. They just wanted some time off. If more of them were like Paddy, we'd have a much shorter injury list. 

• Will Wilder ever refer to Warnock by his name?

sassy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Erm...probably not...

• How are you feeling about the start under Wilder? (Answers in gif form only)

Owns Cristiano Ronaldo GIF

What's your prediction?

Baseball Win GIF by Gwinnett Braves

Preston don't have a great record on the road (W1 D3 L5) so I'm predicting 3 points for Boro: Middlesbrough 2 -1 Preston NE.

Bonus Question: what the heck did the forum admins do with the text colour options? 

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Semi what, detached house, final? 

hoping for a good win tonight. i've not been posting much lately been a bit mad IRL atm, so football hasnt been to high on my list. but i've still been reading the posts etc.

quite enjoyed the millwall game. the ref shafted us but 1-1 for how long? we still should have the ability to put team to the sword. cant just do a warnock or woodgate and blame losing games on refs or bad finishing. We have to be better than that if we want to go anywhere.

buzzing with wilder so far. loving his comments about the players need to raise the bar or they are out. can feel his ambition for the club and i like it.

the rudderless ship has set a course, off we go.

3-0boro tav to score a brace.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Preston 1-2 (McNair)