oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )

Polish_20211122_223821148.jpg.520181623e06c6051c2443d129536c54.jpgHuddersfield Town v Middlesbrough

Saturday 27th November

John Smith's Stadium

KO: 3pm

Well, since I last did a MDT, there's been a few changes at the club.

Out went Warnock in a ball of flames...VanWilderJumpOutWindow.gif.877c956db1b6a346a039d987341cf4f1.gif

Enter...Mr Wilder.

Van-Wilder-RR.gif.56f3f343500d0993d087cd8cb32e5ba4.gif

Erm...Chris Wilder. This guy:

1544.thumb.jpg.b8cb9b140e619a8d41a79cf1c5c3feba.jpg

That said, things haven't started off great under the new manager...

8c14b0003d4f571719322dd76748f4fb.gif.2166fb1e50e8500232b6dd1e71f73825.gif

There was even some booing at the final whistle of last night's game, which after only two matches under the new regime, is frankly ridiculous.

RDMg.gif.7e313c9dab5769e0e45a11d77845c13c.gif

That said, it's obvious we don't currently have the players capable of playing the way Wilder wants to play. Or is it? Do these things take time, or do we need to overhaul the squad in January?

Over to you, Mr Wilder..

van-wilder-ryan-reynolds.gif.cec644ca91365b7293855d8f25d31faa.gif

...Oh. Oh dear.

Talking points

Team lineup/formation?

Would you drop Tav? Warnock refused to, how long will it take Wilder?

Will we get anything from this game? If not, is it too early to be asking questions of Wilder?

Is promotion a realistic aim this season?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Polish_20211122_223821148.jpg.520181623e06c6051c2443d129536c54.jpgHuddersfield Town v Middlesbrough

Saturday 27th November

John Smith's Stadium

KO: 3pm

Well, since I last did a MDT, there's been a few changes at the club.

Out went Warnock in a ball of flames...VanWilderJumpOutWindow.gif.877c956db1b6a346a039d987341cf4f1.gif

Enter...Mr Wilder.

Van-Wilder-RR.gif.56f3f343500d0993d087cd8cb32e5ba4.gif

Erm...Chris Wilder. This guy:

1544.thumb.jpg.b8cb9b140e619a8d41a79cf1c5c3feba.jpg

That said, things haven't started off great under the new manager...

8c14b0003d4f571719322dd76748f4fb.gif.2166fb1e50e8500232b6dd1e71f73825.gif

There was even some booing at the final whistle of last night's game, which after only two matches under the new regime, is frankly ridiculous.

RDMg.gif.7e313c9dab5769e0e45a11d77845c13c.gif

That said, it's obvious we don't currently have the players capable of playing the way Wilder wants to play. Or is it? Do these things take time, or do we need to overhaul the squad in January?

Over to you, Mr Wilder..

van-wilder-ryan-reynolds.gif.cec644ca91365b7293855d8f25d31faa.gif

...Oh. Oh dear.

Talking points

Team lineup/formation?

Will we get anything from this game? If not, is it too early to be asking questions of Wilder?

Good OP @Denzel Zanzibar

Good post @Denzel Zanzibar

I would leave Tav where he is to see if he is open to changing his game to how Wilder wants.

Absolutely no questions of Wilder need asking just yet. I am a believer that eventually performances translate to results and he will turn it around

I am still quietly optimistic of a 6th spot push

• Like 1

I'd drop Tav, personally. Needs to learn to earn his place.

His decision making has been really poor for weeks now. Constantly cutting into his left and shooting as if he's prime Robben, but not sure a single one has gone on target so far.

He's clearly very talented but you can see why Wilder said some people are playing for themselves. Tav doesn't play within the system - he just picks the ball up where he fancies, and tries to run/have a crack.

We are desperate for Payero to come back and pull the strings in midfield in this side.

Also, to even think about questioning Wilder after 2 matches is beyond ludicrous. He didn't win any of his first 4 for Sheffield United and then walked the league with 100+ points. He's not been brought in to immediately get us promoted. He's been brought in to provide a long term vision for the club, that has been desperately needed for years. Any Boro fan demanding that he walk in and we suddenly win all our matches needs binning out the ground.

• Like 7

I don't mind if Tav is in the team or not for this one but I don't think there's an overwhelmingly better option sat waiting in the wings for a chance to take his place in the team. If Payero is fit again then maybe he could come in or we could actually give Lea-Siliki a chance again. I really wonder what Payero would be like at the base of this midfield but I do think Howson played really well, especially in the first half, against Preston and if we're talking about baby steps, maybe now isn't the time to swap him out of the team. Perhaps we've found a manager who can actually get the best out of him.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I do think Howson played really well, especially in the first half, against Preston and if we're talking about baby steps, maybe now isn't the time to swap him out of the team. Perhaps we've found a manager who can actually get the best out of him.

As far as I can tell Warnock's tactics were for the rest of the team to run around like junkyard dogs while Howson was supposed to plug all the gaps. The few occasions where he played right wing back and once or twice as a more progressive midfielder he was class. I doubt any player could play the role that Warnock asked Howson to without looking like a fool.

I think he'll do a decent job in that position for Wilder for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

On this 'playing as individuals' comment... I do think this is probably how Tav and our other forwards have been told to play for a while now. Pulis freely admits he works closely with the defence and midfield then expects the forwards to 'do their thing' - hence why a wildcard, one-man battering ram like Adama was his dream. Crouch talks about it in his podcast.

I reckon Warnock was similar. There was no tactical attacking coaching - just an expectation that the forwards will figure it out. 

Tav will improve under Wilder, I'm sure of it. The players need some time to learn the runs their teammates will be making and be patients that gaps will open up when we keep doing what's been worked on in training. 

• Like 2

Team lineup/formation?

I think we know Warn...sorry...Wilder's modus operandi now. 3-5-2 all the way, baby!

Probably drop Bamba to give him a rest, slot Peltier in his place and get a new wide bloke in.

Probably worth taking another look at Lea Siliki. The guy desperately needs game time. IF he doesn't work out, bring Tav on as a sub.

Honestly, I'm not getting my hopes up for this one. Last 2 games I've predicted wins (at home, against relatively unimpressive teams) and both times we lost. 

Everything seems against us at the moment. *** referees and defensive howlers combining to undermine our efforts. 

Think we'll do well to get a point against the Terriers, but braced for another loss.

joke wtf GIF

i thought we'd batter preston. it was all going as i expected until about the 77th minute. just a bit annoyed with bamba(another massive bollock drop) and the midfield for leaving the old guard so exposed. 

i think we have no chance of winning any games while we are wasting chances at one end and letting in every shot on target at the other. daniels btw. hes cack, cant kick and dives in slow motion, never seems to even get near the ball. lumley is miles better than him but prone to lapses in concentration. we have so many players capable of throwing the game away its disheartening. suicidal defending has become the norm lol.

we'll lose this again 2-0. both will be own goals, dodgy backpass from tav and bamba will fall over gifting udders 2 goals. but we'll have 53% possession and the better chances throughout the game. 

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Frustrated Head GIF

This. 

We've played 2 games, with what feels like half the squad out. The team are apparently all unfit. 

And we lost one game to a referee and one through Bamba forgetting to hoof the ball out and the entire team apparently they having a panic attack.

Fickle bunch, Boro fans. They'll put up with Warnock's rubbish for 18 months with clearly no hope of direction, but 2 games in this is even a question?

Some moments of the best football we've played in years in the first half against Preston.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That question wasn't serious, people

yours may not have been but plenty of people have been acting in a similar way with no hint of irony. The fact that our fans can't see this as a long term appointment just sums up our last few years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

everyone are just moaning because regardless of the new manager. we are still *** lol. same results as all season. we continue to lose games though our own mistakes. fingers crossed wilder can change that before we are practically forced to sell half of them and completely rebuild again. cant be arsed with another one.

• Downsouth changed the title to Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )