•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

My 1st ever away game, on a family day out, our mam, dad & 2 younger brothers went out for the day, late on when it was getting dark my dad said, i think we're lost & followed the traffic, then he said, right we're here 😁

He knew all along what he was doing, it was a lovely evening back in August 1970, our mam sat in the car knitting with my youngest brother, who was 7, me, my other brother & dad went to the Huddersfield v Arsenal game, Arsenal winning 1-0 with a John Radford goal 👍😊

• Like 1

Team lineup/formation?

Well, it looks like we're going with 3 5 2. As for which players are fit, let's hope Payero can replace Tav, I'd put Stoj in goal and make it his position, and I'd start treating Watmore as an impact sub because he doesn't seem to have enough fitness to be a regular starter.

Would you drop Tav? Warnock refused to, how long will it take Wilder?

Yes, I would drop him. And I think Wilder will, too, judging by those barbed comments on Tuesday night about selflessness and not wanting players acting as individuals.

Will we get anything from this game? If not, is it too early to be asking questions of Wilder?

I foresee a score draw. We're starting to put together some really fluid attacking football, but we're pish at the back. Warnock's man-marking mantra will take time to reverse - it's very hard to suddenly adopt an entirely new style of football. Wilder is working on it, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Is promotion a realistic aim this season?

Not really, no. If we get a crack at the play-offs, it's a free hit for me, given the extent of the rebuilding job required. However, I am expecting us to be challenging for the automatic spots next season, even if we ultimately end up in the play-offs. Wilder is too good a manager to languish in mid-table mediocrity for long - but remember this isn't his squad, and he's effectively having to deprogram 25 former members of the Cult of Hoofball.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheJew said:

If we lose this one, are we in a relegation battle?! If not, when?

Nah not yet, not that I'd be surprised if we do lose. I'll only be concerned if there's a massive dip in performance. We should have had 4 points minimum out the last two games. 

Got some key players to come back and we'll beat the handful of crap teams again at a minimum. Plus we have a 22 point head start on Derby. 

When you have to retrain someone the first thing that happens is that their output drops as they relearn and develop new movements and skills whilst having to concentrate on not slipping back into what previously became natural.

Once the new methodology and movement is repeated and practiced they start to pick up speed as the new way of working becomes the new norm and new behaviours are instilled. Considering the massive change in philosophy and tactics I would have been shocked if we had done anything but go backwards. In Industry at this stage the common response is often to lose faith and revert quickly to what went before as it was faster/quicker/more effective or so it seemed. 

Wilders methodology will take time to be learned and start to become second nature with the squad. We have seen some glimpses but it will take more than a few weeks let alone fitness levels and responsibilities being sharpened simultaneously. This is a long term project and I think we should accept that the remainder of this season is just fast forwarding the transition by six months. Come the Summer Wilder will have had a head start than had we played out this season with Warnock and will be far better placed to make important decisions on who he wants in this squad and who he needs to clear out. It may get even worse before it gets better.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

My 1st ever away game, on a family day out, our mam, dad & 2 younger brothers went out for the day, late on when it was getting dark my dad said, i think we're lost & followed the traffic, then he said, right we're here 😁

He knew all along what he was doing, it was a lovely evening back in August 1970, our mam sat in the car knitting with my youngest brother, who was 7, me, my other brother & dad went to the Huddersfield v Arsenal game, Arsenal winning 1-0 with a John Radford goal 👍😊

And on our way back from Shelbyville we wore onions on our belts which was the fashion in those days.....

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

When you have to retrain someone the first thing that happens is that their output drops as they relearn and develop new movements and skills whilst having to concentrate on not slipping back into what previously became natural.

Once the new methodology and movement is repeated and practiced they start to pick up speed as the new way of working becomes the new norm and new behaviours are instilled. Considering the massive change in philosophy and tactics I would have been shocked if we had done anything but go backwards. In Industry at this stage the common response is often to lose faith and revert quickly to what went before as it was faster/quicker/more effective or so it seemed. 

Wilders methodology will take time to be learned and start to become second nature with the squad. We have seen some glimpses but it will take more than a few weeks let alone fitness levels and responsibilities being sharpened simultaneously. This is a long term project and I think we should accept that the remainder of this season is just fast forwarding the transition by six months. Come the Summer Wilder will have had a head start than had we played out this season with Warnock and will be far better placed to make important decisions on who he wants in this squad and who he needs to clear out. It may get even worse before it gets better.

Typically called Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing.. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheJew said:

If we lose this one, are we in a relegation battle?! If not, when?

It doesn’t look good but I suspect we will end up around mid table. We may struggle over the coming games but I expect improvement will be great enough to see us home. I would go as far to say we may even finish around 10th. 
I am impressed with Chris in the press conferences, he comes across well, his knowledge of the club’s infrastructure and his plans give me confidence of his leadership. 
I believe we are in good hands. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

Team lineup/formation? Same team apart from Tav dropped to the bench swapped for Coburn with Watmore dropping into midfield behind the strikers of Sporar and Coburn. I would also consider changing keeper to just for variety Stojanovic in for Daniels just too see what he can do and see if hes any better. 

Would you drop Tav? 100% id drop Tav, he needs to know he can be dropped and he isnt world class. Id give him a few games out of starting team then play him again in starting 11, see if the greed goes away from shooting from 30 yards or pushing Paddy off the freekicks constantly then getting nowhere near. Might be a good impact player as well from the bench when everyone else is knackered second half. 

Will we get anything from this game? No cant see anything changing, we be 1-0 up in first half concede an early second half goal and lose 3-1. 

If not, is it too early to be asking questions of Wilder? Yes too early, at least give him a transfer window before judging him. 

Is promotion a realistic aim this season? 100% no, too far behind by the time we get the new transfers from January to start bedding in theres also too many areas need addressing. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )