oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )

6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Well game day and the great leveller of bad weather to look forward to later on.

So simply a Boro win..........................................it's the hope!😀

I never slept last night thinking the windows would be sucked out. Side fence is gone, not down gone, back fence is in bits as is a very large heavy plant pot blown. 
I suspect and would not be surprised if some games are called off

Edited by sanddancer
  • Wow 2
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

Glad the game isn't at home today. I wouldn't want to be venturing out in these winds. We've spent the morning picking up roof tiles and standing plant pots back up. Doesnt look like its as bad in Huddersfield though, so the game should be ok.

Hoping for a win today, but expecting a draw. Wilderball has to pay off one of these days!

37 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I never slept last night thinking the windows would be sucked out. Side fence is gone, not down gone, back fence it’s in bits and very large heavy plant plots blown over. 
I suspect and would not be surprised if some games are called off

Sounds the same as our de-fence on Tuesday night @sanddancer. There it was…… Gone 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Don’t think I will make today someone has painted a yellow brick road outside the house.

Then you're probably not in Middlesbrough any more. Better grab Toto and follow it and go see the Wiz...I mean Wilder.

If you meet a tin man, lion and scarecrow along the way, take them along with you.

Either that or you ate something dodgy and are hallucinating, while staring at an Elton John album cover.

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Snow in Huddersfield apparently

M62 is gonna be mental, the game should be called off tbh

Wouldn't be surprised if a few are called off this weekend.

• Haha 2

27/12/1930 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Huddersfield Town 0 Boro 1

Record of Huddersfield Town v Boro will be the 47th meeting between the two teams with the following record:

Won - 12

Drew -11

Lost - 23

Goals scored - 46 

Goals against - 68

Hattricks & more in games v Huddersfield Town

12th November 1938 - Micky Fenton became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team hattrick when he bagged his 4th Boro hattrick in a 4-1 home win over Huddersfield in a 1st division match. It was the 48th HT at Ayresome Park & 64th in total 

30th September 1950 seen two Boro players score hattricks in the same game when the mighty Boro beat Huddersfield 8-0, this was the 2nd this has happened to the Boro & the 1st time in a league game

1st hattrick - Alex McCrae became the 29th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 2nd Boro career hattrick, the 6oth at Ayresome Park & 78th in total

2nd hattrick -  Wilf Mannion became the 25th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 4th Boro career hattrick, the 61st at Ayresome Park & 79th in total

22nd April 1957 - Brian Clough became the 11th different Boro player to score 4 goals ina competative game when the Boro beat Huddersfield 5-1 at Ayresome Park, it was the 20th time a player had scored 4 in one game

10th October 1987 - Bernie Slaven became the 44th different Boro player to score 3 in a 1st team game when he notched his 2nd (1st league Boro career hattrick) the clubs 29th away hattrick  & 119th in total

We have scored 11 penalties & a debut player goals v Huddersfield 

Some players who played for both team

Brian Laws

Adam Clayton

Jordon Rhodes

Jonathan Hogg

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hopefully we get a reaction from the smash and grab on Tuesday and put these to the sword.

I'm not sure I could handle it if we throw away another lead.

Well with luck we just won't take the lead.

• Haha 2

Checking the 11 v 11 website, it seems Huddersfield and Boro have a fair bit of history:

Played: 96 || Won: 43 || Drawn: 20 || Lost: 33

Home Record

Played: 48 || Won: 31 || Drawn: 9 || Lost: 8

Away Record

Played:48 || Won: 12 || Drawn: 11 || Lost: 25

Not looking good for Boro...

2 hours ago, northern boro said:

No trains between Leeds and Huddersfield due to a signal failure delays until at least 1pm

Typical the day Wilder gets his first win there will be no Boro fans in the ground

Seems as if this will be a low post count today

• Downsouth changed the title to Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )