•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Definitely an improvement, still worried about our squad fitness and tendency to switch off at the back though.

no mid week game for our next 4 matches, so plenty of time to work on fitness and tactics.

• Like 3

Well, our first win under Wilder. 

Celebration GIF by Booksmart

Brilliant first half performance - couldn't have done much more (except score a third goal).

Second half was a much scrappier affair. Partly due to Huddersfield finally have a proper go at us and partly due to the players tiring.

Still managed to put together some good attacking moves and created more than enough chances to put the game to bed. Again just lacking a final ball or a clean shot.

Looked done in near the end. Hanging on defensively, which again probably contributed to conceding another late goal. Fortunately it was practically the last kick of the game.

Wilder definitely seems to be knocking the lads into shape. So good to see us playing decent football at long last. Still a lot of work to do but we're moving forwards.

• Like 3

Not sure how I feel about the Daniels situation. Honestly don't think he's done a lot wrong but then I also don't think he's really had that much to do. 2 goals deflected off our own players at pace, one free header from a corner and one ballsed up clearance from the defender. Saving any of the goals he's let in under Wilder would have been pretty good.

• Like 2

It was great to record Wilder's first win, better still after enjoying that first half performance but I thought we really struggled in the second half when Osbourne went off at half time, his absence in the second half was really noticeable.

On a serious note I think had Jones still been on the pitch at the end then our defending for their consolation goal would have been a lot tighter and he wouldn't have broke into the box as easily, Hernandez clearly isn't a defender.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not sure how I feel about the Daniels situation. Honestly don't think he's done a lot wrong but then I also don't think he's really had that much to do. 2 goals deflected off our own players at pace, one free header from a corner and one ballsed up clearance from the defender. Saving any of the goals he's let in under Wilder would have been pretty good.

Completley agree, i dont think he has done alot wrong either. Doesnt matter what keeper we have between the sticks if we continue to melt in the second half like we do. Majority of the goals he has conceded have from been horror defending, deflections and flukes nothing he could have done IMO. Lets hope Wilder can stamp this out asap and improve the second half situation!

Went under the radar a little but Big Djik looked very comfortable as the RCB. I think Jones was able to get forward a lot more today and that was helped by Djiksteel having things under control behind him.

• Like 6