•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Hands up in an unnatural position, essentially ‘making himself big’ strikes him on the arm, looked to be a shot on target. I reckon that’s a penalty in the Prem with VAR

Exactly.

He raised his arms into a position where the ball could hit them. Whether it was intentional or instinctive shouldn't matter.

I'm actually surprised more players haven't got into the habit of turning their backs to block shots.

Great three points. Due to a power cut from 08:00 to 16:00 I only saw the second half. My son said the first half was brilliant. I thought we looked leggy and tired in the second half. Thank god we got two goals in the first 45 mins. Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, tmcc said:

watch the highlight it clearly was, even the commentators said so. it strikes him on the arm

Ill watch it again, but don't believe everything you hear on bbc tees remember they are bias towards us. 

1 hour ago, CrazyL said:

Hands up in an unnatural position, essentially ‘making himself big’ strikes him on the arm, looked to be a shot on target. I reckon that’s a penalty in the Prem with VAR

If you pause it at 19 seconds before Tav hit that ball his hands were already going up so id say he did not deliberately hand ball it. You could make the argument that it was in an unnatural position but what is a natural position when your hands are already up hed of had to snap them back down very quickly as it comes at him at some pace. 

Picking up from where we left off in the first half last week.  Thoroughly enjoyable, best I've seen us play in ages and Watmore's second was glorious.

Get the fitness levels up, get Sporar firing,  and this could be fun.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, thomas said:

If you pause it at 19 seconds before Tav hit that ball his hands were already going up so id say he did not deliberately hand ball it. You could make the argument that it was in an unnatural position but what is a natural position when your hands are already up hed of had to snap them back down very quickly as it comes at him at some pace. 

The BeIN Sport commentator said it was a pen, BBC Tees said it was a pen, hell even Sky in their match report said it was a pen.

Face it, that's a penalty with VAR.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just seen this goal that was outstanding. If it was De Bruyne Messi or Hinchcliffe they wouldn't stop talking about it.

Lovely goal.