•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

Well Sunday morning always feels better after a Boro win and a good performance on top of the victory. What a pass from Crooks for the second goal. Absolutely brilliant. I love it. UTB 

• Like 6

Woken up in a good mood today, happy with the performance and the result.

Glad we can bask in it for a week now.

Still irritated by that own goal right at the end, I don't blame any of the players for it but we really do concede a lot of daft goals.

The next goal will deflect in off an ice cream van.

• Haha 5

3 games where we've restricted teams to mainly pot shots but conceded from some comical blunders... You'd have to hope that some of these goals are just unlucky and then it seems like we'd be a solid team. 

Early signs are good from this team and can only see improvements with time and some better suited personnel in the next few transfer windows. 

• Like 3

Kind of a strange emotional Sunday morning. A BORO win, blanket of snow and a garden with only 50% of a fence left standing. 

The signs of change were undeniably visible with shape, passing and movement but so was the need for improving fitness levels, decision making and some better players. On that note what the hell was the club with superb facilities doing in the past, what were the coaching and medical staff doing or not doing and surly questions need to be asked and action taking even if heads roll. 

I think and hoping with Chris we may even stop our unwanted historical slump of coming down with the Christmas decorations. Although bedding in new players may impact this years gift to the town.  

All in all things are looking positive. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just seen this goal that was outstanding. If it was De Bruyne Messi or Hinchcliffe they wouldn't stop talking about it.

That was a good goal. MOTD would melt if that had been scored by Liverpool or M. City.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

I know we won but it's absolutely refreshing to see the whole board getting behind the team and the manager and everybody can see where we are heading 

Also I've had the debate with the geordie I work with and even beforehand is of said wilder>Howe 

UTB

Edited by liambell42
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, liambell42 said:

I know we won but it's absolutely refreshing to see the whole board getting behind the team and the manager and everybody can see where we are heading 

Also I've had the debate with the geordie I work with and even beforehand is of said wilder>Howe 

UTB

Yeah but what do we have to argue about now 😒 Perhaps some political discourse will spice things up a bit?

• Haha 2
On 11/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, Foogle said:

3 games where we've restricted teams to mainly pot shots but conceded from some comical blunders... You'd have to hope that some of these goals are just unlucky and then it seems like we'd be a solid team. 

Early signs are good from this team and can only see improvements with time and some better suited personnel in the next few transfer windows. 

Agree with this. Some stupid and unfortunate goals that we've conceded. Millwalls should never have happened after the elbow, Prestons second was just Bamba giving them a goal - although it wasn't due to bad luck but just poor defending and then the freak own goal on Saturday. We should have had 7 points from the last three games. Hopefully Wilder gets his first hom win at the weekend. When is Fry and Payero back?

With the way Howson, Crooks and Tav are playing in the middle Payero is going to have some battle on his hands to dislodge any of them. Howson looks like he really enjoys this new tactic and getting the ball in the feet a lot more certainly suits Crooks too which I didn't think it would.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Agree with this. Some stupid and unfortunate goals that we've conceded. Millwalls should never have happened after the elbow, Prestons second was just Bamba giving them a goal - although it wasn't due to bad luck but just poor defending and then the freak own goal on Saturday. We should have had 7 points from the last three games. Hopefully Wilder gets his first hom win at the weekend. When is Fry and Payero back?

With the way Howson, Crooks and Tav are playing in the middle Payero is going to have some battle on his hands to dislodge any of them. Howson looks like he really enjoys this new tactic and getting the ball in the feet a lot more certainly suits Crooks too which I didn't think it would.

Think after the Preston game, the 3 goals we conceded had an xG of 0.13, which should tell you all you need to know about how likely they were lol. Can't imagine it's much higher with the Huddersfield goal.

Thought I read somewhere that they're hopeful Fry & Payero will be good for Stoke in 2 weeks.

I just did a small sample regarding passes. In some of the games I checked under Warnock about 1/4 passes were long balls. In the three games under Wilder it's been between 1/7-1/9 which is a pretty big difference and we are managing a lot more passes in general. And this is just three games in. That's a pretty big difference in a very short time period. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I just did a small sample regarding passes. In some of the games I checked under Warnock about 1/4 passes were long balls. In the three games under Wilder it's been between 1/7-1/9 which is a pretty big difference and we are managing a lot more passes in general. And this is just three games in. That's a pretty big difference in a very short time period. 

It is a big difference and now we can train more between matches it should get better

• Like 1

Crooks in particular has seen such an uplift in performances so far. He was misplacing simple passes right left and centre and had an awful pass percentage under Warnock. But now we're training passing and movement properly he's one of the best in the team. Could be worth a lot of money in no time.

• Like 2