oneBoro Forum

Huddersfield v Boro 1-2 (Watmore (2) )

10 hours ago, boksicdink said:

I'm glad someone else has said it. I'm already there. 

- Helping Payero settle

- The corner flag last week

- The off the field charity stuff

I thought he would just be like a Fellaini type but he is so much more well-rounded than that

What actually happened with the corner flag? I just remember it taking ages for anyone to sort it out. I thought they were waiting for the flag engineer

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTB!   

Matt Crooks is the business.

What a signing this lad is turning out to be.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

What actually happened with the corner flag? I just remember it taking ages for anyone to sort it out. I thought they were waiting for the flag engineer

He kicked it off, tried to put it back in and it fell as he walked off.

The linesman outright refused to move and put it back himself, so we had to wait until one of the players did.

Obviously the Boro players wouldn't rush as we were winning.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, boro-unger said:

The corner flag pole consists of 3 parts. The base section in the ground, the above ground section and a sleeve that joins the 2 together. When Crooks kicked it the top section came of and the sleeve separated from the base, when the top section then hit the ground the sleeve separated from the top section. Crookes tried to replace the top section back in the hole but didnt fit the sleeve first, it therefore wouldnt stay upright until the groundsman came and fitted the sleeve back on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

The corner flag pole consists of 3 parts. The base section in the ground, the above ground section and a sleeve that joins the 2 together. When Crooks kicked it the top section came of and the sleeve separated from the base, when the top section then hit the ground the sleeve separated from the top section. Crookes tried to replace the top section back in the hole but didnt fit the sleeve first, it therefore wouldnt stay upright until the groundsman came and fitted the sleeve back on it.

It was so odd, I've no idea why Crooks and then the Millwall player were forced to go and put it back in place. Surely the officials have a better idea about how that's put together. The assistants are the ones who go round checking the nets and everything before each half, surely they know how the corner flags are put together and it was on his side of the pitch too. The game wasn't gonna restart until it was fixed but the linesman just stood there.

Was a good laugh, like, at the time.

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It was so odd, I've no idea why Crooks and then the Millwall player were forced to go and put it back in place. Surely the officials have a better idea about how that's put together. The assistants are the ones who go round checking the nets and everything before each half, surely they know how the corner flags are put together and it was on his side of the pitch too. The game wasn't gonna restart until it was fixed but the linesman just stood there.

Was a good laugh, like, at the time.

I think it's actually in the laws of the game that if a player knocks a corner flag over he has to replace it not the officials.  I'm sure it used to be anyway.