oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)

@ RiseAgainst 

I think the top two are so far ahead of us in both points and performance that we won't catch them, but the play-offs are entirely achievable if Wilder continues to work his magic. I can see us finishing fifth and getting beaten in the final, then making a strong bid for the top two next season (though Newcastle could effectively reduce the automatic spots to one if they come down).

Far to many variables to make that sort of prediction...

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to

Some of you need to give your head a shake ... You have to give Swansea some credit .. They made it very difficult for us to play the style we have played in the previous three games .. They were

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both cou

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

@ RiseAgainst 

I think the top two are so far ahead of us in both points and performance that we won't catch them, but the play-offs are entirely achievable if Wilder continues to work his magic. I can see us finishing fifth and getting beaten in the final, then making a strong bid for the top two next season (though Newcastle could effectively reduce the automatic spots to one if they come down).

Far to many variables to make that sort of prediction...

Very optimistic in my opinion. 
I feel enlightened by Chris arrival and see improvement on the pitch, but there is a great deal of work to do and that is not only to match the average point tally of rivals but to better them. Let’s face facts. Not only do fitness levels need to improve but so is learning and executing the game plan. Then there is the question of player quality and if changes are made what will be the overall impact over what period.
I look at it, to date 4 points from 9, today it could be 7 from 12 or 4 from 12. So I think the average points per game required over the remaining season to get into the playoffs as, just one step beyond. 
To early, far to early to measure what impact Chris will have, but I am positive and over the next 10 games we will have a good idea. 
I am focused on today’s game and right now I would settle for a point, and hope to see progression week on week.  

15 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Starting lineup/Formation?l

Well be 352 no doubt. I hope Payero comes back in - he could be our Ramirez under Wilder (though preferably with less of a presence on Tinder). Would also like to see Fry in the team, giving Sol a break.

Can we realistically push for promotion this season? We've only won 1 game in 3 since Wilder took over (not exactly promotion winning form) but the team played well in those games and we're looking so much better?

What is the best movie of all time and why is it Hot Fuzz?

Hot Fuzz is a masterpiece, and easily makes my top five. But it doesn't eclipse Go, which is like Tarantino with more humour, equally packed with quotable one-liners and ingeniously tying multiple plot strands together a la Guy Ritchie. (I also adore Snatch).

Go is indeed a great film. 

Got to say, I'm impressed with people's film selections!

Game Day, let's hope for another great performance and hopefully three points (because I already have my next Photoshop in mind...)

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder for people attending about the Foodbank collection by the North Stand from 12 til kick-off! If it's too late to grab any goodies, they're accepting cash donations too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to the game today. Hope we see a similar performance to the Hudds game, and no daft goals against! I think we'll go to town on them. 3-0 Boro.

Starting lineup/Formation? Same as the last game. Maybe Fry in for one of the back 3 if he's fit enough. 

Can we realistically push for promotion this season? We've only won 1 game in 3 since Wilder took over (not exactly promotion winning form) but the team played well in those games and we're looking so much better?

I think we can aim for a play off place if we find some consistency. But then I think that most seasons...

What is the best movie of all time and why is it Hot Fuzz? Got to be one of Quentin's for me. Pulp Fiction or Django. 

21 hours ago, Brunners said:

Technically doesn't everyone bleed Boro red? 😂

Possibly a better analogy would be his blood vessels are arranged so that if you broke him in half like a stick of rock, they'd spell out Middlesbrough. 😁

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I didn't know whether to use the like emoji, heart emoji or angry emoji and settled for the sad emoji but all are appropriate in the absence of a baseball bat emoji for the perpetrators. Just hope they get the welcome they deserve once inside and even then it won't be a tenth of what they did to that poor little boy.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I didn't know whether to use the like emoji, heart emoji or angry emoji and settled for the sad emoji but all are appropriate in the absence of a baseball bat emoji for the perpetrators. Just hope they get the welcome they deserve once inside and even then it won't be a tenth of what they did to that poor little boy.

Not to derail the thread but they have already got threats on their life once inside.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

With any luck they will provide the greatest contribution they possibly can to this planet and they'll neck themselves.

Failing that they'll hopefully only be farting silently by the time they're released. Child abusers don't do well in prison.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Not to derail the thread but they have already got threats on their life once inside.

This is one of those instances where true justice can only be done inside prison. The only way they deserve to leave is in a box.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Countdown to team announcement..

Any surprises or same XI?

I expect Fry & Payero to both be on the bench at least, although wouldn't be surprised to see Fry come straight in to the starting XI.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)