oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)

Bit of a scrappy half, but we took our usual lead well. 

Swanseas high line is giving us loads of space in behind. And loads of chances to get caught offside as well 😄

the swans didn't really have any chances until the last minute where we gifted them a one on one opportunity. Luckily they fluffed it

• Like 2
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to

Some of you need to give your head a shake ... You have to give Swansea some credit .. They made it very difficult for us to play the style we have played in the previous three games .. They were

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both cou

Posted Images

Well that certainly wasn't boring by any means. Both teams up for it and playing to score / win.

Don't think there has been too much between the teams. Swansea's high pressing meant Boro had time and space to play when we were able to break the offside trap. Able to do it quite a few times and create some good chances.

In the end our goal came from a bit of route one football - Bamba's pass to Jones who was able to put a neat finish on a good solo run.

Swansea have had lots of possession, but haven't threatened a huge amount. Restricted to 2 or 3 decent efforts, but Boro's lack of concentration in the last 5 minutes or so almost got the visitors back in the game.

We really need to tighten up at the back and make more of the chances we create to try and put this game to bed. Swansea not out of this by any means.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

A bit fortunate to go in 1-0 up, Swansea look a well organised side and have had enough chances to be at least level. Playing three at the back is fine but you have to have the players to do it right and quite clearly at the moment we haven’t, we are wide open at the back

• Like 1

Good game. Feel like Swansea would have carved through us easily a month ago. We should get in behind a few more times- need to make it count.

And time to start making some enquiries for keepers. Must be a 2nd/3rd choice Prem keeper who wants to play. 

• Like 2

Well I think we are pretty fortunate to go in a goal up. 
We seem to be a gear off Swansea pace, let’s hope they don’t have another. 
Some interesting moments, Bamba loosing the ball then mins latter repeats a sim move and sends one off, pin point for the goal.  Thought we got luckily clipping the back of Swansea heal, bouncing the ball on the edge of the box and a dodgy penalty appeal. 

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fry on for Bamba and Payero on for Tav in the second half, please.

I love Sol but he needs a break, and Tav is a liability.

Sol looks to be slowing down to be fair, Tav is lost in space so I would agree. 

Hope we get the ball on the ground more in the second half. The ball has been in the air as much as a Warnock match. I know there's a lot of space to place the ball in behind but we need to pick our moments and try to keep the ball to keep the pressure off our defence a bit better. 

Just now, pikerman said:

I am beginning to wonder what Sporar is bringing to the team, is it just me or are doubts setting in with others on this forum?

Probably needs to do more when he gets the ball, but his off the ball movement is incredible. I'd like to see him linking up with Payero again, to be fair.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fry on for Bamba and Payero on for Tav in the second half, please.

I love Sol but he needs a break, and Tav is a liability.

hes played really well and the players have also had a week off since the last game?

2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I am beginning to wonder what Sporar is bringing to the team, is it just me or are doubts setting in with others on this forum?

It will come maybe in fits and starts but it will come

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)