oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wow a bit incredible that we took the three points when you only see the stats😅 it was a game of missed chances though for both sides. Our passing was pretty bad though. Only 67%. Swansea with 83% which is impressive. Good win. But we need a new keeper. 

Statistics are like bikinis, they show a lot, but they don't show everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to

Some of you need to give your head a shake ... You have to give Swansea some credit .. They made it very difficult for us to play the style we have played in the previous three games .. They were

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both cou

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Have just been having a read of the Swansea forums, they are not happy with the way they play or their manager, interestingly. 

Mind you, I did find their super high defensive line a bit weird. Not sure why they play like that when they're not blessed with pace back there.

Mind you we did not capatalise nor cause that high line any real problems did we?

On reflection just simply delighted with the win

I don’t know how we managed to win, I really don’t know how, but should it have been a horse race there would be a betting investigation. It was painful to watch and frankly I am disappointed with our performance. 
It’s all about adapting and points so in reality I should feel grateful with 7 from 12 but some how I don’t feel that way. I guess it goes some way to make up points from games we deserved but never got. 
What it did prove is just how unfit the team is, how many players can play at the level required. It’s to many games for Sol, bless him, Tav was absent and Watmore faded faster then a setting winter sun. 

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Mind you we did not capatalise nor cause that high line any real problems did we?

Other than the goal and Watmore's 1on1!

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wow a bit incredible that we took the three points when you only see the stats😅 it was a game of missed chances though for both sides. Our passing was pretty bad though. Only 67%. Swansea with 83% which is impressive. Good win. But we need a new keeper. 

Strange call when he never conceded in a one sided game. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Strange call when he never conceded in a one sided game. 

I don’t think so. He is dodgy in my eyes and his kicking is not very good. Doesn’t look like a keeper that inspires his defender. Made a very good save in the first half though. 

Probably didn't deserve the win but we didn't deserve the loss against Preston. Swansea are averaging 66% possession against everyone this season, but this game shows why they are where they are in the table a soft underbelly. 

• Like 1

Good result, poor performance. Pleased Jones got himself a goal, hopefully another step towards becoming a really good player for us. 

Midfield was poor. Watmore works so hard but technically he's quite a poor footballer. Head down far to much. Back 3 played well for the main, Djiksteel started to flag towards the end, Bamba still has those moments. 

Stoj needs to have a run in the side before Jan. He can't really be worse than the others. 

I haven't been massively impressed with Wilders use of subs up to now either. The only thing he seems to have in his locker is to switch the forwards around like for like. The midfield was crying out for energy.

Nervy second half! They pressed us a lot more than the first. But a cracking three points against a decent team. Feels like we really earned them today. 

Paddy had a great game. That off the line clearance. Wow. 

• Like 1

Rode our luck defensively but we deserve some good fortune after the Millwall and Preston games.

I also don't think it was quite as one-sided as some made out... We let them dominate the ball in the 2nd half but also fluffed two golden chances to score ourselves.

41 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

We caused the high line plenty of problems!

• Like 1

It’s a confidence building result. Didn’t think we were great but made enough chances to win the game. I suspect we will have a roller coaster ride until the end of the window. 

There’s a few areas we need to improve but I am happy with the points and that we are moving in a direction.

Wasn’t that bad really.  Lots of moaning on here.

Swansea are a team that sit high up the field, we coped with it well if you ask me.  Work rate was good, good determination to not let them score.  The only thing that was a let down is our inability to get games finished, by that I mean put it to bed.  We had like 2-3 other good chances and we always fail to capitalise on them.

3 points and back to back wins.

• Like 3