• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to

Some of you need to give your head a shake ... You have to give Swansea some credit .. They made it very difficult for us to play the style we have played in the previous three games .. They were

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both cou

Posted Images

There is a buzz going round we all know that and some very good glimpses in how we hope that Boro will progress, to be fair a lot more optomism is being declared on our own forum which we hope will translate towards bigger crowds at the Riverside.

We are facing a team we often have problems in dealing with and certainly Swansea are seen as one of the "better" teams in the division so this could be a yard stick comparriosn and progression wise.

Perhaps some will agree with me in that this game could very well take on the mantle of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON........so far!!!! and especially at home where we have not set the world alight and CW really does need to get his first home win under his belt.

Massive game for all sorts of reasons a win and boy will this place be jumping even if there is a low post count (often the case when we win)

Perhaps a draw will be seen as a good point but we are at home and it is time to improve our home form if we are to be taken seriously.

Swansea will start fast if we let them, certainly I believe every opposition manager must stress the importance of getting in front against us and est our deence with crosses as much as possible.

For a neutral I bet it will be a damned good game to watch!

• Like 1

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to it. It’s been nearly two years since I’ve been to the Riverside which has been way too long. UTB 

• Like 13
33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to it. It’s been nearly two years since I’ve been to the Riverside which has been way too long. UTB 

Enjoy your day buddy. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Blanco said:

Have a great time, that man. Hope the boys make you proud ,Enjoy the Legends Lounge & the party. .........  Travelling is a complete pain these days. Im off to Tenerife next week via Stansted so i need locator forms going into Spain, PCRS test & locator forms  coming back to the UK & again a locator form coming back to Ireland. All worth it though........... I love the way people on Forums ask "Does anyone know a bar in "wherever" where i can watch the match. In other words- I am in "wherever" & i want everyone to know it, 

BTW Does anyone know a Bar in Costa Adeje where i can watch Sky Sports?!

• Haha 3

Well let’s hope the weather favours those making the journey and the predicted blanket  of snow holds off. 

I can remember my early days pumped up full of beer travelling around the country to games in the back of freezing vans. The worst I remember was a crammed Luton huddled together in the compartment above the cab trying to stay alive. The spilt beer and urine had turned to ice sending everyone flying every time it stopped, took off or cornered. The only stops allowed were for petrol, or a pub so containers a pipe and funnel were essential equipment. 
Although I did hire a new Ford Granda in 1980 for a 1 - 1 cup night match at Portsmouth. Terry Cochrane scored, latter we became good friends, but it was a toxic atmosphere and lost my bother who took off while being threatened. Drove around town until we found him being chased down the street by a few hundred agitated morons. Picked him up on the move but someone cracked the windscreen. I remember leaving work at lunch, drove down and back after the game and in to work next day. BORO mad back then.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Wow 1

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both counts.

I guess its nice knowing there someone in the set up who genuinely has the same passion and love for the club we fans do. And that he appreciated by the new boss as much as he is by us fans.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both counts.

I guess its nice knowing there someone in the set up who genuinely has the same passion and love for the club we fans do. And that he appreciated by the new boss as much as he is by us fans.

I always got the empression that Warnock wasn't treating Leo very well and didn't really want him here.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

100% - you need some people like that around. He bleeds Boro red and I'm so glad the club has been loyal back to him, especially after what he's been through. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

100% - you need some people like that around. He bleeds Boro red and I'm so glad the club has been loyal back to him, especially after what he's been through. 

Technically doesn't everyone bleed Boro red? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think I said the same a few weeks ago about Leo, his enthusiasm and love for the club is second to none and is something that is passed down through the dressing room.  They are attributes that cannot be bought and are invaluable in my eyes.

I think the trouble with Warnock was that his ego got the better of him and he wanted to be seen as though there was no one that wants the club to do better than he does, that he is the number 1 and his voice was loudest, he didnt like the fact that Leo has a bigger heart and more passion than him.............Great leaders will surround themselves with other great men & utilise them as best they can and Wilder appreciates Leo 100% like the rest of us fans!

Starting lineup/Formation?l

Well be 352 no doubt. I hope Payero comes back in - he could be our Ramirez under Wilder (though preferably with less of a presence on Tinder). Would also like to see Fry in the team, giving Sol a break.

Can we realistically push for promotion this season? We've only won 1 game in 3 since Wilder took over (not exactly promotion winning form) but the team played well in those games and we're looking so much better?

I think the top two are so far ahead of us in both points and performance that we won't catch them, but the play-offs are entirely achievable if Wilder continues to work his magic. I can see us finishing fifth and getting beaten in the final, then making a strong bid for the top two next season (though Newcastle could effectively reduce the automatic spots to one if they come down).

What is the best movie of all time and why is it Hot Fuzz?

Hot Fuzz is a masterpiece, and easily makes my top five. But it doesn't eclipse Go, which is like Tarantino with more humour, equally packed with quotable one-liners and ingeniously tying multiple plot strands together a la Guy Ritchie. (I also adore Snatch).

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Swansea 1-0 (Jones)