• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m feeling really good about this one. I’m taking a chance and am flying over tomorrow to celebrate my friend’s birthday. We are going to the Legends Lounge for the game so really looking forward to

Some of you need to give your head a shake ... You have to give Swansea some credit .. They made it very difficult for us to play the style we have played in the previous three games .. They were

Nice to hear Wilder was complimentary of Leo in saying he has really taken to him. I know people might say people should have a a job on merit and not emotion but with Leo it seems he here on both cou

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I loved Ikpeazu's "sprint" soon after he came on. It's like when you try and run in a dream - you put loads of effort into the run, but it's like you're stuck in treacle 😄

Thought it was just me who had those dreams.

Yeah, I think Ikpeazu's complete lack of pace might cost him under Wilder, especially not when we seem to be playing a much more pressing style now.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Wasn’t that bad really.  Lots of moaning on here.

Swansea are a team that sit high up the field, we coped with it well if you ask me.  Work rate was good, good determination to not let them score.  The only thing that was a let down is our inability to get games finished, by that I mean put it to bed.  We had like 2-3 other good chances and we always fail to capitalise on them.

3 points and back to back wins.

Is that not a moan then? 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Mind you we did not capatalise nor cause that high line any real problems did we?

I agree with the capitalize but not sure I agree with the second half of that statement. When we did press we did cause them problems at the back due to the way they played and if we could have finished off better, this game would have felt much better and less nail biting at the end.

14 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Can we cash in on Tav ? ASAP What a waste of a Boro top. All I can say is it was 3 points but there where some poor performances especially second half.  

He played well today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My view on the game was that it was a character building and hard fought ground out victory.

My views on Tav haven't changed and unfortunately it looks like the mood on here is changing more to my way of thinking on him. Daniels is a decent shot stopper but there doesn't appear to be anything more beyond that, how Warnock thought that he and Lumley are better than Stojanovic is beyond me.

This squad isn't Wilder's and he can only play the hand he has been dealt, already the improvements to date are impressive. We need to improve in a few areas that is plain to see but there was clear togetherness and a determined effort to see this game out. Under Warnock that was a game where we would have capitulated and likely blamed the Ref.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Daniels is a decent shot stopper but there doesn't appear to be anything more beyond that, how Warnock thought that he and Lumley are better than Stojanovic is beyond me.

That seems to be the general opinion on the forum, though I can’t help wondering whether Stoj is “improving” every game he doesn’t play in. We are four games in under Wilder and he hasn’t seen fit to play Stoj either. He’s even put Lumley straight back in the squad as soon as he was fit again, so it’s maybe not just Warnock that doesn’t rate Stoj ahead of the others two.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

That seems to be the general opinion on the forum, though I can’t help wondering whether Stoj is “improving” every game he doesn’t play in. We are four games in under Wilder and he hasn’t seen fit to play Stoj either. He’s even put Lumley straight back in the squad as soon as he was fit again, so it’s maybe not just Warnock that doesn’t rate Stoj ahead of the others two.

I have no idea whether Stoj is any good and I can’t imagine anyone else does. But neither Lumley or Daniels are good so maybe Stoj deserves an equal chance? Unless he’s complete garbage in training. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

He didn't stand out as particularly poor when he first came to us, not particularly outstanding either in fairness but looked to have potential. St. Pauli seemingly wanted to sign him after his loan last season but couldn't afford him. That doesn't mean that he is great of course but after Bettinelli and these two he can't surely be any worse (I hope). 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I have no idea whether Stoj is any good and I can’t imagine anyone else does. But neither Lumley or Daniels are good so maybe Stoj deserves an equal chance? Unless he’s complete garbage in training. 

I imagine he gets an equal chance everyday in training. Two managers now haven’t rated him above whoever else was here.

This looked to be a trend in his career. looking at his stats he has played less than 200 games in his career.

1 hour ago, expat-acklam said:

I agree with the capitalize but not sure I agree with the second half of that statement. When we did press we did cause them problems at the back due to the way they played and if we could have finished off better, this game would have felt much better and less nail biting at the end.

That is the issue, quality, we don’t have it. We lack pace, fitness, decision making and sloppy. Reading the EG it’s what Chris indicates when talking about the game today, but we know that. He was happy with the points but not the way we  played compared to the previous three. 
Early days but the points are welcomed. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I think we have conceded 4 in 4 and 3 were not the keepers fault but rather stupid mistakes or bad luck. On the other hand we have nearly half a squad not good enough to compete in the championship so find it strange why we are discussing a keeper who never conceded today.  

• Like 1