oneBoro Forum

The big 65

I noticed that Google was celerbrating George Seurats 162nd birthday today boy is he doing well😁

Whilst I am nowhere near that thankfully, I have reached  what used to be a milestone of hitting 65 today so only another year from retirement age which in itself will be increasing to 68 in a couple of years or so.

Therefore I thought my fellow forum members would like to know this,

I am happy to still be working it fills the day and I can still contribute and get job satisfaction.

Let you into a secret my Dad when hitting 65 died 3 days later after a freakish accident so for the next few days going to be cautious.

All downhill from now on!😀

Let the mickey taking begin!

• Like 7
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed that Google was celerbrating George Seurats 162nd birthday today boy is he doing well😁 Whilst I am nowhere near that thankfully, I have reached  what used to be a milestone of hitting 6

Happy Birthday Sir I retired when I was betweeen 70 and 71 Coincidentially my fitness started to deteriorate at around the same time So either don't retire or get yourself a fitness reg

Happy 65th - I'm hoping to retire next year, fingers crossed, or as has been mentioned, keep on working in some capacity just to stay fit & mobile           Many happy returns Downsouth - A f

Congrats Al. 👏👏

I was going to have a friendly poke at your ribs but thought I’d be more helpful

https://seniors.lovetoknow.com/senior-life/good-things-about-turning-65-practical-funny 

Also these may come in handy

https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/incontinence-shop/disposable-incontinence-products/disposable-pull-up-pants.html

have a great day buddy 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Happy birthday!

I hope it's a good one.

Well I have just received the obliglatory pair of slippers from one of my lads who is living with me so definately downhill😉

Seems as if I am being treated to a family meal on Saturday with a few surprises! Probably my ex wife bursting out of a cake!

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I noticed that Google was celerbrating George Seurats 162nd birthday today boy is he doing well😁

Whilst I am nowhere near that thankfully, I have reached  what used to be a milestone of hitting 65 today so only another year from retirement age which in itself will be increasing to 68 in a couple of years or so.

I am happy to still be working it fills the day and I can still contribute and get job satisfaction.

Let you into a secret my Dad when hitting 65 died 3 days later after a freakish accident so for the next few days going to be cautious.

Happy birthday dear chap. 
Not far behind to be fair but I don’t feel what people think you should feel, knackered. I love working but lost my job three years ago and unsuccessfully I have desperately tried to find another. Age discrimination is alive and thriving. 
I have good eye sight and teeth because I invested in them years ago, no longer hand money to a barber, my golf is not any worse because I wasn’t very good in the first place despite the effort. 
I have noticed I now seem to be collecting a shed load of power tools and talk to strangers a lot more. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Happy Birthday Insult GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

Seriously though, congrats. Hope you're able to enjoy it.

Staying active and keeping your mind occupied is very important to maintaining your health (and sanity). I've heard so many stories from people saying that after retiring their parents went downhill both mentally and physically.

But for goodness' sake...

Be Safe Star Wars GIF

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Sir

I retired when I was betweeen 70 and 71

Coincidentially my fitness started to deteriorate at around the same time

So either don't retire or get yourself a fitness regime appropriate to your level if you do seems to be the answer

• Like 4