• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed that Google was celerbrating George Seurats 162nd birthday today boy is he doing well😁 Whilst I am nowhere near that thankfully, I have reached  what used to be a milestone of hitting 6

Happy Birthday Sir I retired when I was betweeen 70 and 71 Coincidentially my fitness started to deteriorate at around the same time So either don't retire or get yourself a fitness reg

Happy 65th - I'm hoping to retire next year, fingers crossed, or as has been mentioned, keep on working in some capacity just to stay fit & mobile           Many happy returns Downsouth - A f

4 hours ago, oldman said:

Approching 65 myself but I retired 3 years ago to enjoy life more. Strange but when you dont need a job people tend to offer them to you.

Working from home over the last year or so is enjoyable especially when test cricket or whatever sport is on my work can be stressful and very busy but you learn to pace yourself🙂

1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

Happy Birthday Sir

I retired when I was betweeen 70 and 71

Coincidentially my fitness started to deteriorate at around the same time

So either don't retire or get yourself a fitness regime appropriate to your level if you do seems to be the answer

I walk between 6 and 8 miles everyday and watch what I eat..........................just the drinking sigh!!!!😉

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This thread so far has shown me that there are a lot more OAPs on this forum than I thought!

Dance GIF

I feel quite old in day to day life at 31, but this place makes me feel like a child again.

Happy birthday DS!

• Like 1

DZ and Brunners I wish I was your age  ...................   some of the time..................   but only if I knew what I know now

But you'll never see Mannion play or Clough

So you'll have to put up with a boring old F4rt wittering on about them

keep smiling

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I walk between 6 and 8 miles everyday and watch what I eat..........................just the drinking sigh!!!!😉

I was happy with that life style way back then but watch what happens in a bit  - then the drinking catches up and things stop working

and now its almost a tee total regime  - pain in the 4rse

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This thread so far has shown me that there are a lot more OAPs on this forum than I thought!

Dance GIF

Bor-OAPs...

...though I believe the polite term is Senior Citizens. 😉

Happy 65th - I'm hoping to retire next year, fingers crossed, or as has been mentioned, keep on working in some capacity just to stay fit & mobile          

Many happy returns Downsouth - A few silly facts over the years 

1899 - The 1st time the mighty Boro played on this day as a league club we were away Bolton Wanderers, unfortunately we suffered a 3-0 loss, which was our 6th away game in total since joining the football league, losing 5, drawing one

1905 - Our 1st point on this day, 1-1 away to Stoke City, Alf Common scoring

1922 - Our 1st win on this day was at home to Burneley, winning 4-1 with goals from, John Carr, William Birrell, George Elliott & Tommy Urwin

1956 December - The day before you were born the Boro beat Lincoln City 3-0 at Ayresome Park with Lindy Delaphena getting a brace, one a penalty & a Brian Clough strike

8th December - The 1st game after you were born we lost away to Sheff Weds 2-1 with Derek McLean scoring our consolation goal

25th (xmas day) - Boro beat Doncaster Rovers 3-2 to record our 1st win since you were born with Brian Clough getting a brace & a Bill Harris goal 

1957 10th January - Our 1st FAC win after you were born we beat Charlton 3-2 at the Valley 

22nd April  1st Boro player to score 4 goals in one game after you were born  - Brian Clough scored his first haul of goals when became the 11th different Boro player to score 4 goals in a competative Boro game & 20th in total as we beat Huddersfield 7-2

1967 2nd December -  1st hat trick after you were born - Derby County 2 Boro 4  John O’Rourke scored our 28th away hat trick, his 3rd Boro hat trick & our 109th in total.  John Hickton scored our 4th goal 

1995 2nd December - QPR 1 Boro 1 the 1st game after Ayresome Park 

2006 2nd December - 1st game on this day at the Riverside - Boro 1 Man Utd 2

All the best, enjoy, UTMB

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 3