• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

Well after a very good 3rd day at the test I eagerly switched on the commentary to listen to the 4th day of the test match between Australia and England hoping that England would carry on building on a good fight back..................boy was I wrong and only heard the winning run being scored by Australia makng yesterday count for nothing!

Which brings me on to todays game. the least anticipated game of the season so far seemingly judging by the lack of posts and one that is damaging the healthy post average the forum has achieved.

Massive game what a place to go and to try and continue winning ways no easy task as Stoke are one of those teams in and around us we need to beat to take our momentum forward and yes to extend authorship by DZ.

Should be a good game but we need to expect that Stoke will play in a similar manner as Swansea did and will strive to get the first goal, be a real test for Boro as a defensive unit but at the same time a game where any chance we have to score needs to be taken, hopefully an improvement to what we last witnessed

Probably will accept an away point but how good it would be to take 3 points!

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Which brings me on to todays game. the least anticipated game of the season so far seemingly judging by the lack of posts and one that is damaging the healthy post average the forum has achieved.

That's what happens when fans see organisation and structure along with performances which are entertaining after years of wandering aimlessly in a footballing desert. Happy customers tend to be quiet, reserved and content whereas disgruntled ones chunter on incessantly, we only have ourselves to blame for the drop in posts. 

Hate to think what will happen in January if we jettison the underperformers and bring in some signings that actually add value and with it another step up in results. Maybe Tav or Howson can put in a stinker and get the post count racked up or failing that the Ref forgets that Warnock is no longer with us and provides a perplexing display. Other than that the post count will continue to be doomed I'm afraid. Clearly wandering in a "Wilderness" is more preferable to Hoofball or Pulisball.

• Like 3

Today is a massive test of our much improved performances. Come away from Stoke with a win   would certainly underpin that improvement. Picking the right starting line up will be key and slightly more difficult if Payero and Fry are fit. UTB

Feel more confident going into this game with Wilder in charge. We are on an upward curve under him with players allowed to express themselves and play football. Stoke are ok but certainly not world beaters!

We should go into the game with a degree of confidence.If we don’t run out of steam a point at least should be within our capability.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Feel more confident going into this game with Wilder in charge. We are on an upward curve under him with players allowed to express themselves and play football. Stoke are ok but certainly not world beaters!

We should go into the game with a degree of confidence.If we don’t run out of steam a point at least should be within our capability.

That is rather what worries me.

We are undoubtedly performing better under Wilder and can look great for 45 minutes, but we do tend to come unstuck a bit in the 2nd half.

Stoke are one of those teams that tends to fly under everyone's radar because they have no stand-out players and tend to grind results, rather than decimate tams with flashy performances. But they are where they are in the table for a reason.

Historically we have a bad record at their place W11 D11 L28 and they've only lost twice at home this season, so I think we'll do well to come away with a point. Won't be too disappointed with a defeat as long as we put in a decent performance.

• Downsouth changed the title to Stoke v Boro 0-0