• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

In the event of a win today I might start wondering if what seemed impossible or maybe just unlikely a few weeks ago is actually possible.

I will not be there as I went to go in the home end a while ago and they wanted to search me.  it's a no thanks from me and a refusal to enter if they persue that policy.  They did not but it is not acceptable to me at any time.  I'm happy to open my hand bag and show the contents of my pockets but "keep your hands off me"  is always the way I go  ( it was Man City not the Boro incidentally)

I might not go to too many games but so be it

I'm hoping Payero comes on as a second half sub and scores the winner

16 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Don't you mean @TheJew

DZ wants his run to continue so would not suggest a Boro loss😀

Oops.

If I have done Mr Zanzibar a disservice I do apologise!

I know TJ usually posts negative predictions, but I was fairly certain Denzel did too...at least before he started doing matchday threads...

9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Oops.

If I have done Mr Zanzibar a disservice I do apologise!

I know TJ usually posts negative predictions, but I was fairly certain Denzel did too...at least before he started doing matchday threads...

Haha I kept predicting a 3-0 loss every match as an attempt at reverse psychology!

• Like 1

Big game today. Win would be fantastic, a draw would be great. But as long as the performance is still going on in the right direction I’ll be happy. 

Ref the Ashes 

I’ve never liked cricket. Any sport that takes 5 days to end in a draw can’t really be a sport. Even cricket people know it’s rubbish. That’s why to make it more interesting they introduced, 1 day, 20/20 etc.. So it’s perfectly reasonable to say to make cricket better the answer is… less cricket 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Big game today. Win would be fantastic, a draw would be great. But as long as the performance is still going on in the right direction I’ll be happy. 

Ref the Ashes 

I’ve never liked cricket. Any sport that takes 5 days to end in a draw can’t really be a sport. Even cricket people know it’s rubbish. That’s why to make it more interesting they introduced, 1 day, 20/20 etc.. So it’s perfectly reasonable to say to make cricket better the answer is… less cricket 🤷‍♂️

But when you're watching England, Test matches are usually over in 3 days at most...either bending over the little teams, or getting bent over by the likes of Australia.

Draws don't actually happen that often, unless the teams are very evenly matched, or the ground staff have prepared flat batting tracks that give no help to bowlers (or rain stops play).

Anyway, Test cricket is a sport for intellectuals, who can appreciate the subtleties, strategic and tactical battles on the pitch and doing your bit to create a record-breaking beer snake... 😜

Actually the atmosphere can be as good as any football match...memories of happier times...

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rishworthian said:

I will not be there as I went to go in the home end a while ago and they wanted to search me.  it's a no thanks from me and a refusal to enter if they persue that policy.  They did not but it is not acceptable to me at any time.  I'm happy to open my hand bag and show the contents of my pockets but "keep your hands off me"  is always the way I go  ( it was Man City not the Boro incidentally)

I might not go to too many games but so be it

I'm hoping Payero comes on as a second half sub and scores the winner

I once had an unopened bottle of water confiscated outside Fir Park by the police, which seemed extremely heavy handed considering it was a Sunday lunchtime game against Dundee United, and I told them I had a really sore throat (which was pretty obvious by my croaky voice). It soured the matchday experience and I never went back.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I once had an unopened bottle of water confiscated outside Fir Park by the police, which seemed extremely heavy handed considering it was a Sunday lunchtime game against Dundee United, and I told them I had a really sore throat (which was pretty obvious by my croaky voice). It soured the matchday experience and I never went back.

Unfortunately we collectively pay the consequences for a few obnoxious ****heads. 

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Unfortunately we collectively pay the consequences for a few obnoxious ****heads. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Stoke v Boro 0-0