oneBoro Forum

0-0 is disappointing but nice to leave a game being able to say that we were the side trying to play proper football. Stoke were pure playing pure Warnock ball, and it reminded just how much weve changed in such a short period of time.

Back-to-back clean sheets are the main positive here and only 1 defeat in the 5 games under Wilder and we've played some decent sides also.  Just need to be within 6 points off playoffs come january and we should be able to push on with a few smart signings (Bring Spence back and another forward for me).

• Like 3
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

1 minute ago, pikerman said:

We went away to an inform team above us and came away with a point in a professional spoiling performance, but dear me from about 60 minutes on we looked knackered. We really need to take our chances if we are to play this formation away from home, and I am really struggling to see what Sporar brings to the team apart from pointing at the grass for a pass that would be impossible.  A mention for McNair, he never stopped running all day, where would we be without his energy 

Pleased that I am not the only one who is questioning Sporar, if being honest again Hernandez looked good enough to perhaps start a game.

Agree with your comments about Paddy but to me both Howson an Tav had a poor game and Jones to a degree.

Watmore scores some great goals but badly misses when he looks certain to score.............go figure!

Good result, I'm happy that we are still picking up points while we are a team trying to change our style. I was worried we might struggle to pick up points initially under Wilder. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Really??? It was a forced sub, Crooks took a knock a cpl of mins before he came off.

he's not complaining that the sub happened, but that he brought on a center-back instead of another midfielder or attacking player (Payero and Silki both on the bench). It was a defensive play (Warnock style) in a game we could have taken  more from had of our subs been bolder. Instead, the sub told the opposition that we were happy with a point and we're gonna shut up shop.

I understand why he did it, but I was also disappointed in the decision.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Good result, I'm happy that we are still picking up points while we are a team trying to change our style. I was worried we might struggle to pick up points initially under Wilder. 

I have seen enough to know that those SU fans who have posted on here are correct and that CW will clearly change Boro to be a very good team and meanacing with it.

What is clearly evident is that we are carrying players who will never reach the standard that will ensure that goal.

The january transfer window will be interesting to say the least

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

he's not complaining that the sub happened, but that he brought on a center-back instead of another midfielder or attacking player (Payero and Silki both on the bench). It was a defensive play (Warnock style) in a game we could have taken  more from had of our subs been bolder. Instead, the sub told the opposition that we were happy with a point and we're gonna shut up shop.

I understand why he did it, but I was also disappointed in the decision.

Which needs a complete reversal next week as we have to be 100% to beat Bournemouth

53 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I have seen enough to know that those SU fans who have posted on here are correct and that CW will clearly change Boro to be a very good team and meanacing with it.

What is clearly evident is that we are carrying players who will never reach the standard that will ensure that goal.

Yeah we are lacking a few players still but I'm happy with the start that Wilder has made. 

Edited by Duvel
  • Like 3

In a roundabout kind of way, this is reminding me of what happened when Pulis took over from Monk. Under Monk you really had no idea what the team was trying to do or be. Pulis instantly turned it into a simple, Pulis team and improved things purely by doing that. 

Wilder is doing the same. Each game we set up much the same and bar slight tweaks to deal with the opposition you know what we're going to try and do. Unlike Pulis, he is looking to play aggressive, attacking football but with a sound foundation. Like Pulis, he doesn't have quite the right players but the ones that he has are working hard and learning on the job. Overall, I feel that we're progressing but the next step will be what happens with incomings in January. 

I'll take a point away at Stoke. We battled, stayed organised and worked hard. The game could have gone either way but coming back with a clean sheet gives us something to build on again. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Rubbish game, decent result. Don't think many will beat them there. 

I think the best way to sum up today is that we are a work in progress team and getting more difficult to beat.

Things will improve given resourses afforded to Chris Wilder.

Am ok with the way things are developing since he arrived and looking forward to better days ahead

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah we are sticking lacking a few players still but I'm happy with the start that Wilder has made. 

I think Wilder now knows what he has inherited and the players who can slot into his system and those that will not. In an ideal world I think he would like to bring in five or six players, but we shall see what January brings. I have seen enough though so far from Wilder to believe that next season we will be a force to be reckoned with in this division, and no I don’t believe we are good enough to get promotion this season

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

just out of interest, which players do you think are being carried? and what positions do you think we need in January? ( another striker for me, probably another center-back if we're gonna play 3 there and 100% a new keeper).