• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

Just now, tmcc said:

just out of interest, which players do you think are being carried? and what positions do you think we need in January? ( another striker for me, probably another center-back if we're gonna play 3 there and 100% a new keeper).

Ok you asked but of late since CW has been in charge I would suggest Sporar, Tavernier, Bola to a degree, Watmore very questionable and Howson, the gk situation is a big question mark as both Lumley and Daniels seem to be equally hot ad cold but Lumley did ok today with his clean sheet not that he was troubled that much.

Hernandez needs to stop being a one trick pony and become more involved and hey as far as Siliki goodness ony knows!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, tmcc said:

he's not complaining that the sub happened, but that he brought on a center-back instead of another midfielder or attacking player (Payero and Silki both on the bench). It was a defensive play (Warnock style) in a game we could have taken  more from had of our subs been bolder. Instead, the sub told the opposition that we were happy with a point and we're gonna shut up shop.

I understand why he did it, but I was also disappointed in the decision.

I didn't take it as that.

Payero was a doubt to even be in the squad, so I'm not surprised he wasn't risked.

I don't think either manager has rated Siliki, so I took that as Wilder trusting McNair to move in to midfield more than bringing Siliki on to do it.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Payero was a doubt to even be in the squad, so I'm not surprised he wasn't risked.

I don't think either manager has rated Siliki, so I took that as Wilder trusting McNair to move in to midfield more than bringing Siliki on to do it.

We all know that sometimes a game will arrive or an opportunity will present itself for a player to shine so if Siliki is going to be just a bench warmer then there really is no need to keep him as he will never be allowed to show his worth.

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Ok you asked but of late since CW has been in charge I would suggest Sporar, Tavernier, Bola to a degree, Watmore very questionable and Howson, the gk situation is a big question mark as both Lumley and Daniels seem to be equally hot ad cold but Lumley did ok today with his clean sheet not that he was troubled that much.

Hernandez needs to stop being a one trick pony and become more involved and hey as far as Siliki goodness ony knows!

I agree with tav and the keepers, (if Leeds comes in for tav id take anything above 7-8 million and we'd be lucky to get that).  Sporar for me looks like a player with Quality, may yet come good.

I actually think Howson has slotted back into midfield nicely and could be useful there, but obviously not a long-term solution.
Watmore has good energy and periods of quality, so I think he would be a good squad/impact sub but that would be about it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

could be that, but if that's the case, it just frustrates me even more that our only two midfielders on the bench either aren't fit enough to play 15 minutes or are so underrated he won't put them on.

One thing that is dawning on me is that when Matt Crookes is playing well then so do the rest of the team and howimportant a player he has become.

However we simply do not offer a lot when he is not 100%

25 minutes ago, tmcc said:

just out of interest, which players do you think are being carried? and what positions do you think we need in January? ( another striker for me, probably another center-back if we're gonna play 3 there and 100% a new keeper).

An out and out finisher. We haven’t had one for ages. Create 10 proper chances he scores 8 of them, create 10 half chances he gets 4. 

• Like 1

In terms of match highlights on telly, I think we will get one minute on Quest, immediately before they move onto League One.

In terms of the game, I had low expectations of an away game at Stoke, so I wasn't disappointed. It's a decent away point given our current state of evolution and threadbare squad.

In terms of the squad itself, we need strengthening all over. A new first choice goalkeeper with one outgoing. A new LB, a spare CB (or two if Hall leaves), a couple of  creative midfielders and at least one striker (two if Uche leaves). The likes of him, Hernandez and JLS have done nothing to justify their presence, and I could easily see Watmore and Tav being dropped from the typical starting XI too if we had anyone better to play.

Six in, six out in January, hopefully not a massive uplift in wages in the process, and we could be as good as anyone in the league this season bar Fulham, whose squad frightens me even if their results are underwhelming.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

What are your thoughts about Sporar?

i think there's a good player there, but for whatever reason, I don't think it's worked for him here yet.  Could be the tactics not playing to his strengths, could be him struggling in a new country, or that we're still not a side that creates an abundance of chances for our strikers.

But from what iv seen, he has good movement, seems intelligent on the ball, and could be a good asset in the squad. hopefully, wilder can get the best out of him.

• Like 2

2 strikers need to be top of the wishlist for me. Jones has done pretty well at rwb which means it's not quite as high a priority but I still want to see Spence back to battle for that position. A lwb would be good to compete with Bola too. 

I like watmore and sporar as squad options but I just don't think they have enjoy consistent technical quality to play this system. Both are liable to lose the ball before support arrives. Watmore plays with his head down and will try running at a defender in an impossible situation instead of looking for the pass. Sporars movement is good but his productivity is bad and I'm not sure whether he's a technically gifted footballer or not because he hasn't really shown it. 

Lumley surprised me today, was solid and calm under pressure. Good passing, kept it simple without hoofing the ball away. Want to see him given a run to Jan now and reassess at that point.

Everywhere else on the pitch I think we are solid and have the players to play wilders football. 

• Like 1

Two defensively sound teams that didn’t want to lose the game and understandably it didn’t make for compelling viewing.

Watmore should be flogged over that missed chance first half. You don’t get too many chances against Stoke when they play like that. Compact and solid as soon as they lose the ball. A real base to build on for them. If they were sharp at the front end, they’d be a handful at this level.

We never really got going 2nd half and that was in part down to our midfield not firing. Tav, Crooks and Howson were all wasteful in possession and our ball retention never got going. Jones was the only threat and that was fleeting. Sporar and Watmore were largely starved which makes Watmore’s miss all the more gauling. 
Still a good point all things considered. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i think there's a good player there, but for whatever reason, I don't think it's worked for him here yet.  Could be the tactics not playing to his strengths, could be him struggling in a new country, or that we're still not a side that creates an abundance of chances for our strikers.

But from what iv seen, he has good movement, seems intelligent on the ball, and could be a good asset in the squad. hopefully, wilder can get the best out of him.

3 goals from 15 appearances aint great though is it?  It was suggested on here that any manager could get far better results & better performances from the players available.Not so far im afraid.Early days though.

• Confused 3
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Leesider said:

3 goals from 15 appearances aint great though is it?  It was suggested on here that any manager could get far better results & better performances from the players available.Not so far im afraid.Early days though.

We're watching a different game mate.

• Like 4

Lost faith in Watmore and Tav. 
I am a bit surprised when some are saying 2 or 3 players including a goal keeper. I think we are at least 4 quality players short if not 5 or 6. GK, LWB, CM, FWD. Add a few for back up but the whole team must improve fitness as well. 
We lose possession cheaply, inaccurate distribution, final decision making, movement (hiding), poor dead balls. 
I see improvement, the ball on the floor, a will but it was a pretty s#/7 game to be told. BUT had we taking 3 points, whoa, just think a playoff spot was waiting for us before Christmas. 

• Like 1