oneBoro Forum

53 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

We lose possession cheaply, inaccurate distribution, final decision making, movement (hiding), poor dead balls. 
I see improvement, the ball on the floor, a will but it was a pretty s#/7 game to be told. BUT had we taking 3 points, whoa, just think a playoff spot was waiting for us before Christmas. 

That was the story of the 2nd half not the 1st half.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacking strength in depth, carrying loads of players that don't fit the system and are lacking fitness due to the previous regime. One particular positive that Wilder has provided is that I enjoy watching us play for the first time in a very long time and we look a very good footballing side when we're in our stride. Wilder's influence on our team in such a short period of time is really impressive so I'm excited for the future with him as part of our new club structure under Kieran Scott. We finally seem to be going in the right direction for the first time after 5 painful years.

Whilst the last 30 minutes of every game seems a huge struggle for us at the moment, we're finding a good knack of battling our way to the full time whistle without conceding. Our midfield was again needlessly sloppy at times today, which really didn't help us control the game in the manner we'd have liked. When Crooks went off injured and was replaced with Bamba, I was fearing the worst as we seemed to lose our composure - which really wasn't help with Bamba's regular needless errors, but we dug in for a clean sheet.

The draw today means that it's 7 points from 9 against the 3 good teams who are in and around the play offs like Huddersfield (away), Swansea (home) & Stoke (away) - and two clean sheets in our past two games - so confidence will be building in the players.

When we get to the January window then I'm expecting huge changes. Aside from our first team players of Spence, Jones, Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola, Howson, Crooks, Payero, Tavernier, Watmore & Sporar, I won't be disappointed to see anyone leave as they either don't fit the system or just aren't good enough. I know it's going to take multiple transfer windows to fully overhaul the squad for Wilder's 3-5-2 in the long-term, but as we seem to be planning on doing a lot of business in the January transfer window, I think come February we'll be far better shape to make a sustained charge on the play offs.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 13
4 hours ago, Leesider said:

3 goals from 15 appearances aint great though is it?  It was suggested on here that any manager could get far better results & better performances from the players available.Not so far im afraid.Early days though.

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above us, and we haven't lost any of them.  It's a start.

• Like 10
24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above us, and we haven't lost any of them.  It's a start.

Even ignoring the opposition being stronger than what Warnock managed get points against and the fact that the football is infinitely better to watch, wilder is averaging 1.6 points per game as opposed to warnocks 1.22 this season. 

@Leesider I'm not sure what you're watching or what basis your comment was made on, but it's both against the complete majority opinion and factually incorrect... Maybe just too big a Warnock fan to see the reality?

• Like 2

I’ve just watched the highlights. I think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a player shoot from 6 yards out and somehow hit himself on the back to prevent the ball from going in. Truly bizarre 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I’ve just watched the highlights. I think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a player shoot from 6 yards out and somehow hit himself on the back to prevent the ball from going in. Truly bizarre 🤷‍♂️

In a way I'm glad that my stream crashed during that period.

I didn't see just how bad a miss it was till long after the match, so I was happier with the point than I might have been.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

In a way I'm glad that my stream crashed during that period.

I didn't see just how bad a miss it was till long after the match, so I was happier with the point than I might have been.

Yes I agree with that. It did seem easier to not see it live. If he tried to do that 1,000 times he would fail every time 😃

2 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Maybe Leesider was talking more specifically about Sporar not having shown any signs of improving under Wilder rather than the team as a whole?  I’d agree with that. Otherwise I think it makes no sense at all. 

Certainly I am beginning to wonder just what he is offering to the team to be honest he is not that good!

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Certainly I am beginning to wonder just what he is offering to the team to be honest he is not that good!

No need to be so harsh Alan. Leesider is from Cork and his best playing days are well behind him 🤷‍♂️
He does his best 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, Blanco said:

100% the first time ive seen someone hit the ball into his own back. It was insane lol

• Like 1