oneBoro Forum

Sporar has dropped off last few games no doubt. At first his movement was brilliant and was getting into great positions. However in the last few I’ve barely noticed him and he doesn’t really seem to be working too hard.

Hopefully he’s still adapting and can improve before the end of the season, his buy clause is around £7m and for that price tag you want a guarantee and at the minute he isn’t that. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy with the point considering everything. I'm at peace with the fact that we're currently nowhere near our full capacity as we're at the first stage of a long-term rebuild as we're lacki

We've beaten two teams who were above us at the time we played them, which we hadn't managed under Warnock this season.  Of the five games we've played under Wilder, four have been against teams above

Who can take a Boro team Who were playing poo Have them winning matches with a miracle or two?   Chris Wilder man Chris Wilder can Chris Wilder he can cause he plays

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That was from against Barnsley.

It's rare to see someone miss a completely open net twice from virtually the same position.

Once is bad but can be forgiven, but there's a serious issue when you're missing two chances like that in just under 2 months. 

Imagine that was a play off final or something, we need someone with composure and can keep their head up top and watmore ain't it. Very useful in the last 25mins of any game for his energy and willingness to run, but he's not a top 6 striker in this league, not by a long shot.

• Like 3

I think he definitely has his limitations, I imagine constantly playing in pain doesn't help, but he's offering more than Sporar lately even with the misses.

I can definitely see why Wilder wants to bring in a striker in January.

• Like 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I think he definitely has his limitations, I imagine constantly playing in pain doesn't help, but he's offering more than Sporar lately even with the misses.

I can definitely see why Wilder wants to bring in a striker in January.

Don't think either can complain if they're replaced in January. The excuses of them not seeing the ball under Warnock are gone, they're seeing plenty of it now, just not doing enough with it. Looking forward to seeing who he brings in. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Blanco said:

I’ve just watched the highlights. I think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a player shoot from 6 yards out and somehow hit himself on the back to prevent the ball from going in. Truly bizarre 🤷‍♂️

Second time he has managed to miss an open net from around 6 yards. 

• Like 1

Most strikers do that regularly, it is only after a decent amount of time has passed that they become lethal from anywhere in the box and everywhere outside it. Given that Stoke did not score and Huddersfield did (sort of), I would rather he missed in this match than that one and although it was a little unusual, we could probably find a fair number of even better chances we have not put away over the years. might be an idea at the next break to have a "Boro's greatest misses thread", seem to remember someone missing from about a yard out two games in a row under TP (Fletch?) . Sure his teammates might have mentioned it to him, so just water under the bridge and move on  

26 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Most strikers do that regularly, it is only after a decent amount of time has passed that they become lethal from anywhere in the box and everywhere outside it. Given that Stoke did not score and Huddersfield did (sort of), I would rather he missed in this match than that one and although it was a little unusual, we could probably find a fair number of even better chances we have not put away over the years. might be an idea at the next break to have a "Boro's greatest misses thread", seem to remember someone missing from about a yard out two games in a row under TP (Fletch?) . Sure his teammates might have mentioned it to him, so just water under the bridge and move on  

Have you ever noticed Watmore without the ball? He has his hands on hips,  head down looking for mushrooms.

I wonder if he gets tunnel vision during the game. I noticed I did latter in life because I didn’t see everything happening around me, not like I use to, now if that is down to fitness I’m unsure but it’s rather a strange experience. 
I mentioned this to a friend who is a junior coach who said it’s quite common, really I asked, he likened it to walking into a busy, noisy pub and your brain becomes over loaded with input so switch’s sensory mode. He went on to explain we drowned out to favour either one or several sensory ability’s like vision, hearing or smell depending what we fear or enjoy. 

• Like 1

it is one of his tendencies after a run, maybe just his way of recharging as with some others, will keep a look out on Saturday to see if he does it to a greater extent than say Paddy or Jones, but know what you mean about limiting input, just a way of coping with things as you say 

We can definitely improve on Sporar and Watmore in January. Both are decent strikers but not the quality a promotion candidate needs. I’d be tempted to recall Cakpom and bring in one more while offloading Uche and Onel and sending Coburn on loan. I’d like to see just what Cakpom could do for Wilder. After all he is our asset and right now he’s just running down his contract. Unless of course the Greek team are willing to buy him. 

28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We can definitely improve on Sporar and Watmore in January. Both are decent strikers but not the quality a promotion candidate needs. I’d be tempted to recall Cakpom and bring in one more while offloading Uche and Onel and sending Coburn on loan. I’d like to see just what Cakpom could do for Wilder. After all he is our asset and right now he’s just running down his contract. Unless of course the Greek team are willing to buy him. 

2 goals in 13 league appearances in Greece.

I'd sooner keep him out there and bring in somebody who wasn't rubbish the last time we saw them.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I wouldn't say 3 goals with a return of .22 & .27 per game as decent and neither would I be confident in a striker missing two open goals 8 yards out. There again I think Chris will address this sooner rather then latter as I also think he will ensure there are more created opportunities in a game. 
Let’s face it Stoke was a good result and there are times when games can’t be won on the front foot and grinding out a result is a positive outcome. Not great to watch as we witnessed in the last two games, but it’s progress because we haven’t done it many times during the season. 
Since Chris arrived I feel we are unlucky not to have at least another 3 to 5 points but more importantly I am starting to believe in the club once more and even excited about the transfer window. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

2 goals in 13 league appearances in Greece.

I'd sooner keep him out there and bring in somebody who wasn't rubbish the last time we saw them.

I partly agree and like many others he wash gash under Warnock. However right now we are getting nothing from our investment and that might be better under a different manager with more service and support. Fwiw I think he would be a better fit for the system than Uche who looks so lost. 

The problem is that Sporar is a better finisher than Watmore, but Sporar is clever and creates space for Watmore to get chances. Ideally we need a striker who can play the Sporar role for Sporar to score. 

I feel like we are defensively solid and midfield is good enough. I don’t dislike Watmore at all. I think he is a useful and clever player, just for what we’re hoping to achieve we need more reliability in front of goal (but who doesn’t). 

I wouldn’t be too fussed to see him moved on in the summer for an upgrade but I don’t feel like we immediately have to get rid in Jan either. I’d much rather keep him as an option and then get rid of Uche who just doesn’t suit our play at all.