oneBoro Forum

Round 22 Question  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do people want to count Sheff Utd game as void or wait until fixture replayed?

• Void
    • Wait for fixture to be replayed

On 12/17/2021 at 5:41 PM, Youngy228 said:

I think we will have to leave this round open in the spirit of fairness.  But we should agree for future rounds any postponements will count as voids.

The way things are looking right now, especially after the farce that was last weekend, I think we can expect LOTS of void results from now until the end of the season.

If we're going to be losing 50% of fixtures on a regular basis, I think we should either simply abandon this season, or else wait until the fixtures can be played, on the understanding we may not know the results until long after the season officially ends.

Losing the odd fixture to weather is one thing, but I foresee Covid postponements wrecking the fixture schedule.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, AnglianRed said:

The way things are looking right now, especially after the farce that was last weekend, I think we can expect LOTS of void results from now until the end of the season.

If we're going to be losing 50% of fixtures on a regular basis, I think we should either simply abandon this season, or else wait until the fixtures can be played, on the understanding we may not know the results until long after the season officially ends.

Losing the odd fixture to weather is one thing, but I foresee Covid postponements wrecking the fixture schedule.

I guess there are 3 ways of doing things:

a) Void postponements and complete rounds as normal with potentially weeks with ⅔ fixtures only

b) Predict full rounds and results calculated after postponed ties played

c) end the season now

Guess it's up to what the majority want.

@AnglianRed @Uwe @xathras @Blanco @DurhamRed @nawoo @marvin @DanFromDownSouth @DocMartin @Essuuaitch @Borodane @boro-unger @Maccarone @trekkers @smogsterking the Inspirati @Motor Mouth @SmogDane @BearSmog @Oslo_Syd

If people can choose what they want by end of day 27th so I can continue however people want

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I guess there are 3 ways of doing things:

a) Void postponements and complete rounds as normal with potentially weeks with ⅔ fixtures only

b) Predict full rounds and results calculated after postponed ties played

c) end the season now

Guess it's up to what the majority want.

@AnglianRed @Uwe @xathras @Blanco @DurhamRed @nawoo @marvin @DanFromDownSouth @DocMartin @Essuuaitch @Borodane @boro-unger @Maccarone @trekkers @smogsterking the Inspirati @Motor Mouth @SmogDane @BearSmog @Oslo_Syd

If people can choose what they want by end of day 27th so I can continue however people want

My preference would be to go with Option B...but that could result in a lot of work for you, crammed into a short period. Also obviously delays crowning the champion for weeks, or possibly even longer.

Happy to go with the majority, but thats my 2 cents.

• Like 1

What about completing rounds where 50% of fixtures are played? When there’s less then, reschedule the round for whenever they happen.

if that’s too much work, keep going with the rounds regardless of cancelled fixtures. Would do wonders for some of our “goals against” columns!

Ultimately, I’ll 100% go with whatever @Youngy228 decides as I feel like he is god of the Predictions league until he decides not to be. For all the work it entails, I am truly grateful and will go with whatever works for him.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, marvin said:

What about completing rounds where 50% of fixtures are played? When there’s less then, reschedule the round for whenever they happen.

if that’s too much work, keep going with the rounds regardless of cancelled fixtures. Would do wonders for some of our “goals against” columns!

Ultimately, I’ll 100% go with whatever @Youngy228 decides as I feel like he is god of the Predictions league until he decides not to be. For all the work it entails, I am truly grateful and will go with whatever works for him.

Cheers @marvin - I'm happy to do whatever really.  Its not so much the work that's involved for each round - it's more keeping the interest going for me.  If we have a round where ties are postponed and not replayed for 6/8 weeks then there won't be any results in the thread.

Part of me thinks that they can't continue to go on postponing 50+% of fixtures without a breaker or something designed to stop the farce

• Like 1

im far too intrigued with how the season has shaed up to scrap it so thats a no-no from me. however it is farcial when less than 50% of the fixtures are actually played and may be a bit unfair as to lesser stats also such as goal difference. my suggestion would be to not limit it to championship fixtures and select 10 or 12 covid free games in ordrer to keep it alive.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

im far too intrigued with how the season has shaed up to scrap it so thats a no-no from me. however it is farcial when less than 50% of the fixtures are actually played and may be a bit unfair as to lesser stats also such as goal difference. my suggestion would be to not limit it to championship fixtures and select 10 or 12 covid free games in ordrer to keep it alive.

Not a bad shout.  The only problem with this is that some players like to predict rounds a few weeks in advance.  A lot of games are postponed with very short notice.  When doing the next set of rounds we don't know any postponements for Round 26 which begins in 5 days.

The issue I can see arising would be players who predicted original games, then there were postponements and new games added but missed predicting them due to short notice.

Only way round is to maybe choose the televised premier league games and number them as backups but have them in from the start as backups.  Everyone predict all championship fixtures. Then if drops below 8 fixtures for example then they premier league ones go into make it up to 8 games.  

Its a very complicated situation but I, like you, don't think we should scrap the season.