oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term. The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refres

Other than most of our players not being good enough, and the manager's subs being awful, we did ok today in the end. Think a few of you should consider taking up a new hobby on a Saturday aftern

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season. firstly, another clean sheet, three

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

You may have something there CT..  we've got used to defensive collapses that we either wet ourselves, get bladdered or have become Pampered ..  just need to chill out and remember Blanco says we're going up and when has he ever been wrong 🙂

Only most seasons unfortunately 😢

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, CrazyL said:

Round pegs in round holes. It’s funny how far it can take you isn’t it? Hard to pick a MOM because huge credit due to all. I will say though that Dael Fry looked like he was in cruise control, never broke a sweat, and had Solanke in his *** pocket all afternoon 👍🏻

Play him in the centre or right of a 3 and he's one of if not the best CB in the division. Play him on the left and he's a shadow of his potential.

We really need to extend Taylor stay like as today he slotted in perfectly. Shows the reason backups important especially with covid on the rise again any player could catch it at any moment. Reason I belive we need Spence recalled as if Jones gets injured we don't have players with the pace to replace 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I genuinely thought only one team was going to win it from half time onwards.  Composed is a great word for it, that's what I thought we were for most of it 👍 The spell of possession we had prior to Sporar's shot that was saved, when he actually should have slipped the ball through for Tav, was like watching a different football club.  Feels like night and day to what we've seen previously.  I wonder if some of the nerves/tension through the game is left over from the last couple of years?  Would be understandable I suppose.

Can Hernandez not manage a full game then , cos we need to replace Tav with somebody. His lack of composure is really grinding on me now. I know he brings energy but surely that only gets you so far. The free kick summed him up when he hit his own man 🤦🏼‍♂️  

11 minutes ago, Stevoboro said:

Can Hernandez not manage a full game then , cos we need to replace Tav with somebody. His lack of composure is really grinding on me now. I know he brings energy but surely that only gets you so far. The free kick summed him up when he hit his own man 🤦🏼‍♂️  

The bigger issue with replacing Tav with Hernandez is that Hernandez isn't anywhere near as good.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think Tav is not at his best and his confidence looks to have taken a hit - keeps putting his shirt over his head when he misses a chance, and clearly he should have scored today.  But it's also clear that he isn't *** *** or whatever other moronic comments were made about him.  He's one of our best players not playing at his best, rather than being rubbish.  It's also worth pointing out that the way we are trying to play now will almost certainly lead to more mistakes being made.  By it's very nature there are more risks taken.  You can take the safe option of just launching it or you can try and play.  One way is easier than the other but I know which I prefer.

CT would you say finesse is not your forte, and do you think it impeded your chance as a moderator? 😂

Edited by sanddancer
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Jones is a revelation at RWB. I don’t think Spence would push him out of the team at the moment. 
I wonder what Wilder thinks of Payero? Can’t force himself into a winning team which is fair enough but not played any minutes at all under him yet (I know he’s had injuries). Would like to see him get a chance soon. 

He will have to wait which is how it should be when we are going so well.  Wilder does not tinker for the sake of it.  Think Daniels only player to have actually been dropped so far

I think Chris is proving to be good manager and as a leader won’t be focusing on what went to plan, but more on what didn’t. 
I believe we got caught three times playing out from the back. 
Set pieces are not affective.
Final decision making.
Missed chances.
I am encouraged and should the club support Chris, we can certainly be competitive and enjoy some good football.    

Tav isn't on top form at the minute, but take him out of this team and we would miss him greatly.

His work rate, energy, positioning and overall contribution is massive. He just needs a goal. 

• Like 2

Saw my first game live in years today, was an excellent day out and glad to see us win!!

Thought we played excellent today and pretty much every chance we conceded stemmed from mistakes from us again.

For the first time in ages we actually looked better in the second half which is a nice change.

Can see why Bournemouth are struggling, outside of chances we handed to them, they were distinctly average!

• Like 3