oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term. The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refres

Other than most of our players not being good enough, and the manager's subs being awful, we did ok today in the end. Think a few of you should consider taking up a new hobby on a Saturday aftern

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season. firstly, another clean sheet, three

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Humpty said:
4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I'm trying to lead a popular uprising to get myself into the job.

All the cool kids knock back the mod role 😎

The cooler kids don't even get the offer..

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I'm trying to lead a popular uprising to get myself into the job.

CT well that’s the first mistake “popular” so may I suggest stealth coup d'état. 

If the price is right, I might be available for hire? Not early mornings or when it’s raining, cold, or to hot, or weekends. 

john huston bandit GIF by Warner Archive

6 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

CT well that’s the first mistake “popular” so may I suggest stealth coup d'état. 

If the price is right, I might be available for hire? Not early mornings or when it’s raining, cold, or to hot, or weekends. 

john huston bandit GIF by Warner Archive

I don't see why it's a mistake?  I'm the most popular person on this forum by a mile 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
On 12/20/2021 at 2:12 AM, Humpty said:

With regards to the penalty, the contact started outside the box. Given the position, I think common sense should’ve prevailed and a free kick on the edge of the box awarded.

In general, I thought he often missed clear and obvious dives (Jones springs to kind) but then he blew up far too often for innocuous decisions. The game would’ve benefitted from him taking a view on a number of marginal decisions. 

I have no interest in whether he’s a premier league referee or not, that doesn’t really influence my opinion on how he officiated.

you can contact people outside the box till the cows come home, inside the box contact is also allowed. 

The initial contact was not a foul and was outside the box. if that was all that happened play would have continued. 

inside the box however the contact ramped up to foul level and Jones went down. 

you would never give a free kick or foul for the contact outside the box' if so games would stop all the time. The issue isnt when the contact started but where the foul occured. 

great play by jones to win the peno as he stayed up despite light contact and went down in the box under much heavier contact. If he went down at initial contact I doubt it would have been a FK. 

• Like 1