oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )

I used to travel to Malmo in Sweden with work quite a bit and flew into Copenhagen and stayed there numerous times (it is quicker to get to Malmo via Copenhagen in Denmark than flying into Swedish Airports). I loved Copenhagen and always found the Danes really friendly people and good fun, beautiful city.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term. The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refres

Other than most of our players not being good enough, and the manager's subs being awful, we did ok today in the end. Think a few of you should consider taking up a new hobby on a Saturday aftern

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season. firstly, another clean sheet, three

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I used to travel to Malmo in Sweden with work quite a bit and flew into Copenhagen and stayed there numerous times (it is quicker to get to Malmo via Copenhagen in Denmark than flying into Swedish Airports). I loved Copenhagen and always found the Danes really friendly people and good fun, beautiful city.

The train ride across the Øresund Bridge is a quite remarkable experience. We went to Malmö from Copenhagen, and it was unbelievably cold. We ended up in a small seafront cafe beside a modern apartment development, shivering our proverbials off but loving the architecture - it was somewhere near that Turning Torso tower.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/efl-statement-covid-19-update-1

If you've got 14 players including a goalie, it's going ahead. And that includes under 21s who have played at least one game.

The fact they are implementing risk procedures is a good but also indicates the severity of the risk. I think it likely more games will be called off and expect the next stage could be playing behind closed doors. If multiple clubs experience infections, which I think is very highly likly, then it’s not unrealistic to expect all games to be called off.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

From a purely cynical point of View, both teams will be desperate to have the game on to avoid the inevitable fixture pile up that some teams are now certain to face.

Probably call the season again. If you believe Whitty about it being the same as before then everything will get cancelled

It's not the same as before, though. It's basically mutating into a more severe version of the common cold, with the same symptoms but far lower mortality. A number of world leading scientists including Dame Sarah Gilbert and Professor Sir John Bell have said as much, and by March, it's highly likely we'll have to treat the Theta variant or whatever mutation we're up to as a virus little different to flu.

Curtailing the season would be an over-reaction if these predictions are even partly accurate, so I think there'll be pressure in the meantime to fulfill as many fixtures as possible, possibly behind closed doors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the OP and the vid @SmogDane 😄

1. Which team and formation will Chris "Messiah" Wilder go with?

Same as last game i guess. 

2: This might be the best time to play Bournemouth, who have been struggeling for a while now - Will we win?

Yes! They're in a terrible run of form. Hope we stick the boot in. 

3: Will the game be postponed like so many others have been the last few days?

No. It's on telly. Too much money involved to be cancelling things.

4: Who is your favourite Ghost Busters character? 

The big tyre guy.

5: Have you ever been to Denmark and why did you love it?. 

Fraid not.

• Thanks 1

1. Which team and formation will Chris "Messiah" Wilder go with?

Same as against Stoke probably. I'd drop Tav and start Payero though. I'LL KEEP SAYING THIS UNTIL IT HAPPENS, CHRIS

2. This might be the best time to play Bournemouth, who have been struggeling for a while now - Will we win?

Nah, teams in poor form who come to the Riverside tend to turn us over. I think it'll be a score draw.

3. Will the game be postponed like so many others have been the last few days?

It's on Sky Sports at 12:30pm, don't be daft, lad

4: Who is your favourite Ghost Busters character? 

The one that gave Ray a blowie in the first film

Cross Eyed Dan Aykroyd GIF by Jason Clarke

(Btw it's Ghostbusters and not Ghost Busters, and there's a very important reason for this if you Google it!)

5. Have you ever been to Denmark and why did you love it?

No but I'd like to, the Danes seem a friendly lot

(BTW, I totally could have sang my Chris Wilder song but honestly, nobody wants or needs to hear that!)

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

(Btw it's Ghostbusters and not Ghost Busters, and there's a very important reason for this if you Google it!)

I tried Googling it, but nothing. Enlighten me, please 🙂 

• Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )