oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season.

firstly, another clean sheet, three in a row now against some top sides, were becoming that team that other teams must dread playing as you know chances will be at a premium. 

secondly, and probably most importantly for the first time this season, our second half was actually better than our first. we came out strong and had the ability to keep going right till the end. The first time all season we didn't seem gassed by 70 mins.

finally, that's our second win against a side above us in the table, when Warnock left, we hadn't beaten a single side above us in this table. I think we had played 8 games against sides above us in the table and taken 3 points from a possible 24.

ultimately, I find it impossible not to be excited as a boro fan at the moment. The improvement we've seen in such a short period of time has been huge. I now look forward to watching us play again and I'm filled with a sense of optimism about the future that's been dormant since the pulis days.

• Like 10
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term. The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refres

Other than most of our players not being good enough, and the manager's subs being awful, we did ok today in the end. Think a few of you should consider taking up a new hobby on a Saturday aftern

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season. firstly, another clean sheet, three

Posted Images

A game that should be awarded a health warning. 
I have never learnt I can’t change a game and I am knackered and hoarse but ecstatic. 
Apart from a obvious lack of quality it’s great to see a never say die attitude has developed. 

• Like 4

That was a top attacking performance we were rewarded for going toe to toe with the side 2nd in the league. Under Warnock we would of just sat back but we chased them kept the ball and created many chances 

• Like 1

Great win, good performance. All hail Chris Wilder!

My thoughts-

• Look so much more composed with a back 3 of Dijksteel, Fry and McNair.

• Taylor a more composed and mature option at left wing back. Isiah Jones mercurial on the right.

• Still really want to see Payero given a chance and think Tavernier will benefit from a spell on the bench.

• Play offs definitely on.

• Like 2

Loved some of the combinations we were playing in their half, even if we didn't have a huge amount of possession in this one I enjoy the crisp passing play progressing up the pitch. Rather than the boot it up for a 50/50.

Lumley had a great game from a shot stopping perspective but still question how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet... 

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Matt Crooks though. He would boil my p!ss if he was playing for the opposition. Brilliant 

he's basically Zidane and Totti combined haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, tmcc said:

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season.

firstly, another clean sheet, three in a row now against some top sides, were becoming that team that other teams must dread playing as you know chances will be at a premium. 

secondly, and probably most importantly for the first time this season, our second half was actually better than our first. we came out strong and had the ability to keep going right till the end. The first time all season we didn't seem gassed by 70 mins.

finally, that's our second win against a side above us in the table, when Warnock left, we hadn't beaten a single side above us in this table. I think we had played 8 games against sides above us in the table and taken 3 points from a possible 24.

ultimately, I find it impossible not to be excited as a boro fan at the moment. The improvement we've seen in such a short period of time has been huge. I now look forward to watching us play again and I'm filled with a sense of optimism about the future that's been dormant since the pulis days.

I agree, I’m a believer and I’m signed up for the Chris Wilder road trip. 

1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Hard not to be excited by where we're heading under Wilder. Great win utfb

Agreed. As I've said before, he operates like he has a point to prove.

He has got buy in from the squad and has them playing in a fashion that gets the fans onside. Tick, tick, tick.

• Like 1