oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth 1-0 (Sporar (pen) )

Get in Boro. Fantastic result against a good team. 

We were very calm for most of the last 20 mins. Felt less panicky than in the past when we've been 1 goal ahead and the opposition is desperate for a goal. 

Looking forward to Boxing day now. Hope it's a knockout!

• Like 1
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term. The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refres

Other than most of our players not being good enough, and the manager's subs being awful, we did ok today in the end. Think a few of you should consider taking up a new hobby on a Saturday aftern

for me that's our game of the season so far, not in that I think it's the best we've played, but we righted a lot of wrongs day that have hampered our season. firstly, another clean sheet, three

Posted Images

I had a chance to watch the 1st half this morning which was the first football ive been able to watch in Canada since Wilder took over. 

In the first 10 min of this game i enjoyed watching this team more then the last 4 years under Pulis, Woodgate and NW. Love the pace and the passing. Jones was a blast to watch. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CanadianBoro said:

I had a chance to watch the 1st half this morning which was the first football ive been able to watch in Canada since Wilder took over. 

In the first 10 min of this game i enjoyed watching this team more then the last 4 years under Pulis, Woodgate and NW. Love the pace and the passing. Jones was a blast to watch. 

Yeah, this has been my feeling. It's not consistent yet, but each game offers me more joy in the highlights than I've seen from this team in a long while.2

8 minutes ago, macapes said:

Yeah, this has been my feeling. It's not consistent yet, but each game offers me more joy in the highlights than I've seen from this team in a long while.2

Under wilder we have been in every game imo.

• Like 1

Great performance. That last 10 minutes against on paper the best team in the league was brilliant. We played them off the park in parts. How Wilder has turned this round so quickly I don't know but I'm really pleased. 

We always say it but if we can get a finisher I really think we are going up.

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term.

The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refreshing to hear Wilder talk about his future plans.

I'm excited to see Wilder bring in his own players to suit the way he wants to play.

I am sure there is going to be bumps along the road whilst he clears out some of the deadwood but Finally, FINALLY we have an identify and the future is exciting.

UTB

• Like 11
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wow, this is impressive football under Wilder especially with some average players who I think won't be here in the long term.

The club finally has an identity on the playing side and it's refreshing to hear Wilder talk about his future plans.

I'm excited to see Wilder bring in his own players to suit the way he wants to play.

I am sure there is going to be bumps along the road whilst he clears out some of the deadwood but Finally, FINALLY we have an identify and the future is exciting.

UTB

Round pegs in round holes. It’s funny how far it can take you isn’t it? Hard to pick a MOM because huge credit due to all. I will say though that Dael Fry looked like he was in cruise control, never broke a sweat, and had Solanke in his *** pocket all afternoon 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Ffs shut up crowd, it's embarrassing

I think it must have came across worse on TV than it did in the ground, because I was there and the crowd weren't particularly bad for booing and definitely weren't getting on the players' back any worse than normal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol he's not quite there, needs to work on his decision making but he's a young lad and if he keeps this up he'll be an excellent long term player for us (unless we cash in)

Of course, a bit of exaggeration on my behalf!

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think it must have came across worse on TV than it did in the ground, because I was there and the crowd weren't particularly bad for booing and definitely weren't getting on the players' back any worse than normal.

That's good to know. There were very audible groans almost every time the keeper passed the ball short coming across on TV. Hopefully that will stop after todays win.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

That's good to know. There were very audible groans almost every time the keeper passed the ball short coming across on TV. Hopefully that will stop after todays win.

To be fair I was nearly hiding behind the sofa every time the ball went anywhere near Lumley. Keeper in January still a top priority for me 

Great seeing Jones grow into the position. He has obvious weaknesses at the moment but he's a massive threat. Was pleased to see him attack a bit more today, felt he'd played it a little safe too often in previous games.

We could definitely do with a similar threat from the left. Bola really has a fight on his hands and again missed today with a niggle which is a growing concern with him.

I want to see Payero back in the team. I'm not going to bash Tav or even Howson as I don't think they've been bad. I just think Payero is better and has a huge potential ceiling. 

A new forward and lwb will be the difference between maybe playoffs and strong case for playoffs imo. Could also do with a keeper aswell but I'm not sure we'll be able to shift the ones we have.

Great result