oneBoro Forum

Seasons Greetings

As we approach a time of uncertainty for all of us once again perhaps we should reflect on what has been a time of hope and encouragement in many aspects of our lives during this last year and for all of our shared passion for Middlesbrough Football Club.

For some of us on the forum it has been a most difficult and cruel year with the loss of loved ones through natural causes or having Covid 19 associated with their deaths and for some not being very well either. We possibly may need to endure games behind locked doors again for a while so we know that things are not going to improve for a while!

It can be very difficult to move on though this is the reverse in the case of Neil Warnock, he was not missed at all!😀

The forum members have each other and we know that this place can be theraputic at times as well as the cause of minor ailments😐

So with that in mind on behalf of the whole forum please do accept our warmest wishes extending to every one, peace be with us all and the hope of better days for Boro fans in 2022.

Best wishes all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Echoing all the above, most of us will have had some knock on effect from Covid at some level be it just inconvenienced or the loss of a loved one or income/job. Then life in general throws us some nasty and unpleasant events just to compound things. All in all the last year or so haven't been the best for many reasons.

Let's hope, like Boro, things are finally turning a corner and we all get a rub of whatever it is that Chris Wilder seems to sprinkling around Teesside. Merry Christmas to everyone on here!

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Echoing all the above, most of us will have had some knock on effect from Covid at some level be it just inconvenienced or the loss of a loved one or income/job. Then life in general throws us some nasty and unpleasant events just to compound things. All in all the last year or so haven't been the best for many reasons.

Let's hope, like Boro, things are finally turning a corner and we all get a rub of whatever it is that Chris Wilder seems to sprinkling around Teesside. Merry Christmas to everyone on here!

I'm hoping to hear a "Walking in a Wilder Wonderland" chant at our home games over the next couple of weeks (assuming they're not postponed, or a closed-doors policy isn't implemented). 😁

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Wishing all oneBoro members a peaceful, safe and happy festive season. 🎄🎁🎅

Merry Christmas GIF by filmeditor

...and maybe a little music to help set the tone (go eat a mince pie Aled Jones)...

Hadn’t heard that version before @AnglianRed I absolutely loved it 😍 

Thanks for putting it up 👍

• Thanks 1

JLooking back I have worked hard for what I earned but now realise the fact I had the opportunity is a privilege itself. I have struggled finding work over the last three years and lost family members and have my own health issues. I have experienced an emotional roller coaster and been in dark places I would rather not discuss, so it’s been tough on family.

I see others there struggles and see them get knocked down and get up again, and again and that spurs me on, never give up.
Its not easy and it’s in these times you learn the value of love, charity and friendship, what a hug, a simple smile or what a pleasant hello can really achieve. So remember to reach out to others, put an arm around there shoulders and let them know “ I am here for you”  

I know next year will be better because I have family and friends to support me and I am confident I will get a break and determined to make it happen and when I do, I will reach out to help others do the same.

At times OneBoro has been my secret escape which has become almost like a second family, I said almost so don’t be heading round for drinks just yet. 

I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a prosperous healthy New Year.. 

Take care, stay healthy, love and be loved. 

I Love You Valentine GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3