oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Yates (og), Sporar)

image.thumb.png.2f283eba9325d23ec55b649addf9d242.png

Merry Christmas everybody and welcome to the Boxing Day clash between The Mighty Boro (9th) and Nottingham Forest (7th)! Kick off at 15.00 (UK time)

After this season's most impressive display, Boro will face another tuff challenge, when in form Forest visit The Riverside. This looks like it could be a real feast for the spectators, as both teams want to play ball and both teams are doing very well since getting better managers. 

Form: Boro W W L
Form: Forest W W W D D 

Will we get an extra Christmas present? 

present confetti GIF by Ilka & Franz

Or will we lose?

Sad Santa Claus GIF by SWR3

Questions from all of us to all of you:

1: Unchanged team?
2: Will Taylor get even better?
3: Do you think both teams are happier without Britt Assombalonga?
4: Is it time to finally unleash Payero? Maybe as a second half sub?
5: Will our team learn how to pass the ball to Sporar, when he makes those marvelous in between moves?
6: Is Payero the answer to question 5?
8: Did you notice we skipped question 7?
9: What's for dinner on Christmas eve?
10: Win, draw or lose?
11: Will we recall Djed Spence come January? Would he be perfect in a Wilder team?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ❤️ 

Merry Christmas Santa GIF by Holly Logan

Reaction GIF

image.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas everybody and welcome to the Boxing Day clash between The Mighty Boro (9th) and Nottingham Forest (7th)! Kick off at 15.00 (UK time) After this season's most impressive display, B

I thought Crooks blew a bit hot and cold today, he had me in raptures of delight one minute and screaming at him the next. Same with Tav, looked more a team player and done the necessary but also look

Fantastic performance and the perfect Christmas present from the Boro. Could and should have won by a bigger margin with the chances we created, but an amazing performance from Boro...only let do

Posted Images

Knowing Wilder, probably. As usual only changes for fitness, injuries etc.

Who's Will Taylor?

Just kidding. Hard to judge after just 1 game, but obviously hope so. We need the extra defensive capability.

Happier without his wage packet, certainly I would imagine.

Think its only fair he gets the chance to show what he can do in a Wilder team. Now we're playing better football, surely he should have more of an impact.

5: Will our team learn how to pass the ball to Sporar, when he makes those marvelous in between moves?

Your guess is as good as mine... 🤷‍♂️

See answer to Question 5. 😁 Based on his better displays under Warnock I think he could be.

No...I mean yes...um...

Probably a take-away curry.

After our performance against Bournemouth I'd actually back us to get another win. But obviously it won't be easy. Any result equally likely in this one I feel, but reckon we can nick 3 points.

History says a win or draw are most likely:

Overall: Played: 90 Won: 27 Drawn: 34 Lost: 29

Home Played: 45 Won: 17 Drawn: 19 Lost: 8

Away Played: 45 Won: 10 Drawn: 13 Lost: 21

In our last 10 home matches, stretching back to March 2011, our record is W5 D3 L2.  So omens are pretty good I'd say.

11: Will we recall Djed Spence come January? Would he be perfect in a Wilder team?

Only if he wants to. No point having a player at the club who doesn't want to be here. Wilder will have to convince him he has a future at the club. Would be happy to see him return though.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2

Looks like this is set to be our biggest crowd for many a year with a near sold out away end should be a cracking game and atmosphere as two sides battle it out for 5th place. I'm hoping the loss of Spence will impact forest as they seem to play similar formation to us but without Djed will be vulnerable to pace. Come on boro let's battle for what will be a massive win 

• Like 2

If it is possible then I think we will be unchanged.

I think he has reached his peak but is a good fit for us through until the end of the season

Probably not. Both teams have struggled to replace his goals. 

I wouldn’t change a winning team so no not yet. 

eventually they will read him just in time for him to go back to Portugal with 7 goals under his belt

don’t think we have seen enough of him to know.

I didn’t 

cheese board and port

win

undecided on both counts.

1: Unchanged team?

Yes 

Yes.

Yes.

Yes and yes.
5: Will our team learn how to pass the ball to Sporar, when he makes those marvelous in between moves?

Yes, eventually.

Yes.

Yes.

Cheeseboard.

Draw.

No. Yes.

What are you cavemen? Takeaway curry, and cheeseboards for Christmas eve🤯

Im making duck, turkey, caramelized potatoes, regular potatoes, two types of gravy, Waldorf salad, a red cabbage salad. And of course rice ala mande for dessert with hot cherry sauce on top. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Borodane said:

Im making duck, turkey, caramelized potatoes, regular potatoes, two types of gravy, Waldorf salad, a red cabbage salad. And of course rice ala mande for dessert with hot cherry sauce on top. 

Sounds like far too much effort, I'll be having a takeaway.

Anyway should be a good game this, can't be bothered answering all those questions but I've said before you'll see the best of Sporar with Payero playing behind him and I'll keep saying that until I'm proven right! 

I'd love a win but I feel that a draw is probably the more likely result.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Borodane said:

Don't you zany Europeans celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve though? 

Turkey dinosaurs for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So tempted to change the header title back to Boro but as you had a win last time out am feeling Xmasy so going to leave as is!

Massive game and a good Boxing Day fixture for the fans.

Time to reverse the away game result, kidnap Spence and lock him away in the store room until January. Thankfully he will not be able to spill the beans as he has not worked under Wilder..............yet!

Kick on with a win and certainly Boro fans have every reaon to be cheerful................part three!

To all of you going have a great and happy day!

Big big game if we have play off aspirations. A  tough game and a true play off six pointer. Would keep the same team give or take injuries.

I wouldn’t drop Tav just yet. He’s still doing a very good job for us off the ball. I’m hoping a goal will give him the confidence he needs to relax a little bit more when he’s in possession. 

47 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Do you celebrate the day before your birthday as well? 😛

Its Yule, nothing to do with Jesus....

😜 

Meatballs, ham, jansons temptation, sausages, herring, salmon, brown cabbage, white cabbage and a lot more. And a lot of beer and snaps

😀

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Yates (og), Sporar)