oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Yates (og), Sporar)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas everybody and welcome to the Boxing Day clash between The Mighty Boro (9th) and Nottingham Forest (7th)! Kick off at 15.00 (UK time) After this season's most impressive display, B

I thought Crooks blew a bit hot and cold today, he had me in raptures of delight one minute and screaming at him the next. Same with Tav, looked more a team player and done the necessary but also look

Fantastic performance and the perfect Christmas present from the Boro. Could and should have won by a bigger margin with the chances we created, but an amazing performance from Boro...only let do

Posted Images

Just now, BoroJake said:

Should honestly be about 5-0

Tell you what, win, lose or draw this game, this first half is some of the best I've seen us play in a long, long, loooooong time.

We can go on about needing to find the finishing touch, Sporar in particular today needs to finish off his chances as that front man. But the creativity today has been on another level and comparing it to recent managers is miles ahead of what we're used to.

It's also completely nullified Forest going forward. Teams are going to start thinking twice about coming here to win if we keep this up.

• Like 1

Honestly no idea how we haven't got a second. Best I've seen us play in a very long time. 

Swear every goalie seems to turn into prime Buffon Vs us, samba has made about 3 quality saves.

Hit the post, missed a great cross across the box, Hernandez misplacing the pass to put sporar through.

Just hope we dont come back to rue the chances, no way will forest be that bad next half!

These performances are making a mockery of warnocks reign. His whole thing has been how he wasn't given the tools and constantly spoke down the quality of the team. We've absolutely dominated one of the top 2 teams in the league and the best form team in the league back to back now. What an utter waste of time the last season and a half has been. So class to watch this now. 

• Like 6

Samba is going on at the ref about the booking, BBC Tees saying they think he's pointing at the fans saying it's them that's got him the booking. Daft get. He's in the book because of his own decision to try and take his time from a goal kick. I've rarely ever seen a ref give a yellow to a keeper for time wasting because of the fans asking for it.

What a half!

Boro continue to improve under Wilder in every regard...except one.

Dominated the half, played some beautiful football and created enough chances to be 4 or 5 up at the break.

I'm just worried that all those missed chances will come back to haunt us 2nd half.

Notable that Lumley hasn't had a save to make, while Samba made 4.

• Like 2

How has Wilder turned a bunch of plodding hoofers who had zero confidence to this team in a few short weeks, or is the fact that Warnock and his tactics were just holding individual players back. We have utterly dominated Forest and how they are still in this game is beyond me. The priority for January is for the recruiting team to find us a couple of forwards who can put the ball in the net

• Like 3

What a mixed first half very exciting and frustrating all at one.

We need at least a second to put this game to bed because Forest will have a spell and we need to see it through.

With other games being postponed it’s important to get points on the board.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Samba is going on at the ref about the booking, BBC Tees saying they think he's pointing at the fans saying it's them that's got him the booking. Daft get. He's in the book because of his own decision to try and take his time from a goal kick. I've rarely ever seen a ref give a yellow to a keeper for time wasting because of the fans asking for it.

Samba gonna talk his way off if he's not carefull

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Yates (og), Sporar)