oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest 2-0 (Yates (og), Sporar)

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Another win against a team who are, now were, ahead of us.  I think also a win against the team with the best form in the league since Cooper was appointed?

Our best 5 game run of form since.....Woodgate was manager, that spell over Christmas we had while he was here.  An arbitrary number of games admittedly but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Not so many negative forum members to highlight today CT though you may find TheJew is being his usual self toward the negative side😉 

• Like 1
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas everybody and welcome to the Boxing Day clash between The Mighty Boro (9th) and Nottingham Forest (7th)! Kick off at 15.00 (UK time) After this season's most impressive display, B

I thought Crooks blew a bit hot and cold today, he had me in raptures of delight one minute and screaming at him the next. Same with Tav, looked more a team player and done the necessary but also look

Fantastic performance and the perfect Christmas present from the Boro. Could and should have won by a bigger margin with the chances we created, but an amazing performance from Boro...only let do

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I think the biggest difference has been the scrapping of Warnocks very strange man marking system which took so much out of the players they were knackered well before ninety minutes

Almost as knackered as we were having to watch it!

• Haha 1

Best I've seen us play in the flesh since Brighton 3-0 away.  McNair made for Wilders system, superb, fry reminded me of Gary pallister striding out with the ball.  Fluid as anything, players look a level above under Wilder.  

• Like 2

Probably our most satisfying win of the season and hopefully the first of several doubles. Several very good performances and no stinkers with an increasing sense of confidence between goalkeeper and defence that makes me think that for this season at least, changes or additions are not a priority there. The growing understanding between Crooks and Jones is becoming a major factor in our attacking play and they seem to be a natural fit that really causes problems for opposing teams. For the majority of the game, we made a good team look ordinary and although we got lucky with the own goal, our general play deserved it and but for Samba, we could have been out of sight by half time. Don't think any of the chances we did not take were sitters and although perhaps some of theirs were, the fact that they did not have one shot on target in the game reflects on our improvement in that area since the return of Fry and if we don't concede against Blackpool, we will have kept a clean sheet for the whole month, which has to be a big plus. Players are starting to look comfortable in their new roles and the willingness to run with the ball out of defence combined with spells of one touch short passes and long balls into spaces make us much harder to play against and easier to watch and some of the tricks and flicks like Sporar's nutmeg are brightening the December gloom. If this is just the beginning, we have a lot to look forward to.   All the best folks and stay safe.    

• Like 3

Delighted with the performance today. We really are looking like a promotion team if we can keep it going. I’m well impressed with Wilder and like others was delighted to see his reaction with Leo to the second goal. UTB 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Not so many negative forum members to highlight today CT though you may find TheJew is being his usual self toward the negative side😉 

Dear me DS thats a squealer, miss, miss look what The Jew is doing. 

squeal GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't posted for a long time (think I've only posted once or twice before), but have to give some love to Wilder. I paid the $$ for the overseas subscription when Pulis was the manager and for the Woodgate / Warnock season. The football was so boring I never renewed last year and felt justified when I saw us a couple of times on ESPN+ last year.

We've been on ESPN+ twice recently (Bournmouth and Forest, today), so I've been able to watch, and I have to say I have enjoyed both games more than any game I can remember for a long time. It's nice to see us attacking. We are playing some really nice stuff. It's also nice to see us pressing. We made it hard for Bournmouth and Forest to play, and today's first goal came from Howson's pressure on their CB.  We are not the finished article, but I felt we deserved to win both games. 

I'm impressed with how Wilder has stamped his identity on the team in such a short space of time. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Well deserved win and we continue to get better each game, work in progress!

So glad we have the points and can watch as others play catch up.

Table looks good!

@SmogDane

Well done Sonni remember the next game is very soon

I'll sing like a snitch ... 

As long as I can write Middlesbrough in the topic ...

• Haha 2

I don't get to see Boro play a lot but I was impressed with much of the first half performance. I think they played some of the best football I've seen them play in many years but parts of the second half were nervy. I do think they need a couple of strikers though as missing so many good chances is going to bite them in some games.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Great crowd and it looks like belief is back in town. 
Solid team performance but just wish we could take more of the chances we create, but boy didn’t we close down well. 
Only one team turned up in the first half and that is by far the best I have seen us a play since, I can’t remember when. 

One performance that sticks in my mind was against Man U when Craig Hignett ran towards the box and squared it to Juniniho to score after how many passes? Happy days.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In case anyone missed it during the game or wants to relive it

I wonder if Wilder was going to replace sporar but Leo talked him out of it? Sporar was quite poor up to that point in the second half yet Hernandez was replaced who over the course of the game was better overall. Might be wrong but that was my initial thoughts