oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

Confused What Happened GIF by Google

After feeling hungover for 40 hours after my family's yearly Christmas come together, It's time to update this MDT! (Sorry for the wait, but I almost died) 😛 

Blackpool (13th) v Middlesbrough (5th) December 29th @ 19.45 UK time! 

Hopefully the game will be played, as we are having a great run of form at the moment. But Blackpool's squad is thin and the game could be called off .. (please don't)

Time for some Q's:

1: Can we keep playing great? Why/Why not?
2: Will we enter 2022 with 5 wins out of the last six games?
3: Changes in the starting 11? Why/Why not?
4: Is automatic promotion just a vague dream or can this great form continue?
5: Will Blanco get a prize, when we go up as champions? 
6: Have you ever died from being hung over?
7: Will we eventually see Payero get more and more minutes?
8: How many goals will Sporar score this season?

4Th Of July America GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

Would like to see Hernandez start, bought a lot of energy and unpredictability to the final third. Seems like a genuine pro the way that he's stuck at it without any drop in enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

We play a team who can get the double over us this season if we fail to show up and not continue our improving ways.

Tricky place to go to and get too!

Total banana skin game if we are not careful

With that in mind fair to say that this game could vey well be TMIGOTS.............so far! in terms of away games.

Last nights results did us no harm at all time to take advantage of that.

Last game of 2021 let it be a winning game for Boro

Now that's a low-key OP!

We have the confidence that comes from wins and clean sheets coursing through the squad's collective veins, so for once I see this as a game we ought to win. Blackpool aren't in great form, they've lost to some weak teams lately, and I doubt they can live with our aggressive front-foot play.

I'd love to see Payero starting, for his sake most of all, but I accept it's generally frowned upon to change a winning team. If he doesn't start, I hope he gets a good half-hour to impose himself.

This has been a pretty grim year for the Boro, so how good would it be to finish December without conceding a goal all month, and with another win under our belts? Plus it'd give the teams around us the fear, which is always handy. I want us to be the team everyone dreads playing, as we were in the mid-2010s, and it feels like we're heading in that direction very rapidly.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Now that's a low-key OP!

We have the confidence that comes from wins and clean sheets coursing through the squad's collective veins, so for once I see this as a game we ought to win. Blackpool aren't in great form, they've lost to some weak teams lately, and I doubt they can live with our aggressive front-foot play.

I'd love to see Payero starting, for his sake most of all, but I accept it's generally frowned upon to change a winning team. If he doesn't start, I hope he gets a good half-hour to impose himself.

This has been a pretty grim year for the Boro, so how good would it be to finish December without conceding a goal all month, and with another win under our belts? Plus it'd give the teams around us the fear, which is always handy. I want us to be the team everyone dreads playing, as we were in the mid-2010s, and it feels like we're heading in that direction very rapidly.

Agreed would be interesting to see how we cope if Wilder gets MOM award.......normally a death knell for Boro recepients!

• Sad 1

Although we've not conceded a goal this month it's definitely felt like we've had some let offs along the way!

In classic Boro fashion I think we'll slip up against the weaker team after a run of great results against the better teams in the division... 1-1.

From what I’m hearing BORO will be blessed with the full presence of travelling fans army. I hope they are blessed with good weather and witness the last win of 2021.

I will add, I hope the muppets that seem to have infiltrated the away crowd behave themselves.  In the past I witnessed the violence and I would hate to see it return because football should be for everyone. 

Admit to be lazy but do we always play Blackpool at night? 

• Like 1

Worrying update from Blackpool's local paper 

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/injury-blow-for-sonny-carey-as-blackpool-record-another-positive-covid-19-case-before-middlesbrough-clash-3508307

"Injury blow for Sonny Carey as Blackpool record another positive Covid-19 case before Middlesbrough clash
Blackpool are right on the limit of the number of players required to play tomorrow night’s game against Middlesbrough."

• Sad 1

They don't even have that many covid cases it's more down to normal injuries. If a club wants to prospone a game they should do what happened with spurs rennes the opposition given a 3 nil win 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)