oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

16 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Extra rest doesn't always help - see United last night! Would rather come into the Sheff Utd game off the back of another good win.

Blackpool have two covid cases... hope they are made to play. We played half the season with our entire defence out. 

I agree, but a precedent has been set now. Games postponed due to “covid cases and injuries” in club statements left, right and centre. Seemingly, a lot of the time there’s more injuries than players testing positive. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

Hoping it goes ahead as can only see another win for Wilders lads. Not overly worried about other teams getting extra rest as we have seen before that teams that win thrive on playing. If we play I fancy 3-1 with a brace from Sporar and Tav to get a confidence booster.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Just looked at their squad for Huddersfield and think decimated is over the top, in terms of numbers yes but there’s hardly any of their key first team squad out. 

Think it is more to do with Hull tbh

With so many games called off it concerns me more then a little. What is the process and procedure and who in the FA is ensuring legality.  
Surly if the squad is registered they have to play and not just when the best players are fit. Transparency is a must. Who is to say lesser players are not doctoring results? What and where are tests conducted, by who and how are they verified? 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

With so many games called off it concerns me more then a little. What is the process and procedure and who in the FA is ensuring legality.  
Surly if the squad is registered they have to play and not just when the best players are fit. Transparency is a must. Who is to say lesser players are not doctoring results? What and where are tests conducted, by who and how are they verified? 

Don’t worry. Gibson will be investigating. If there are  no writs issued, you will know the EFL are checking properly!

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Are we expecting rotation for this one? Wouldn't be surprised to see a few alterations to the starting 11 with the Sheffield game so soon after.

We don't have many good rotation options to be honest... 

Payero could come in and we rest one of the central three ahead of Sheff Utd. Watmore might rotate back in for Hernandez too. 

Losing anyone else weakens the team I reckon.

3 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Are we expecting rotation for this one? Wouldn't be surprised to see a few alterations to the starting 11 with the Sheffield game so soon after.

I think Payero might start, no idea who you drop though

5 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Cannot see the team changing save for possibly Watmore for Hernandez but may rest his knee until Saturday.

To play or not to play that is the question?

Game day or is it game day?

Will we be able to view this later on should it go ahead though goals as they go  in should be available on Skysports?

Must admit with our momentum and being the ideal time to get something against Blackpool I will be a tad disappointed should the game get called off.

There surely must be some sort of announcement by mid morning time to stop the Boro fans from travelling on their annual holidays!

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)