oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a result that felt as good as that since the promotion season Even if we don't go up this season or even finish top 6 it's amazing to care and believe this much again 

well done blackpool

glorious viewing. Maddos voice has gone again hahaha    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

It's a rule that has to work for all clubs. I think it's fair enough. 

If a club can't field a team that meets the criteria then its an unsporting advantage to the opposition, and possibly unfair for the fans. 

Yeah, and the rule is nonsense.  A club with 50 professional players doesn't need to cancel a game because a handful are missing.  I'd bet that most young players get their chance in first team football when senior players ahead of them are missing.

31 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

You need 13 players that have made a 1st team appearance available, to meet the lowest criteria to play a game. If Newcastle dont have that, they can request their game to be postponed. 

Doesn't matter why players aren't available, the criteria is based on players who are available 

Is this really the rule? In theory a team could call off the second game of the season with no injuries!

2 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Is this really the rule? In theory a team could call off the second game of the season with no injuries!

Its a 1st team appearance in their career, not that season. 

All Cup and league games count

The daft thing is that it reduces opportunities for people to get first team experience.  Before we gave him his debut this season, Jones had never played first team football.  Same goes for Coburn last season.  No player has first team experience until they are actually given that experience!  Players missing is the opportunity they need to get a chance.  I used Newcastle as an example earlier on - about half their under 23 squad are aged 20 or over.  We're not talking about kids here.  I think the idea that a 21 year old under contract with a club isn't counted as a 'proper' player because he hasn't played first team football is utterly ridiculous.  If you have players missing then the players below them step up and play 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, and the rule is nonsense.  A club with 50 professional players doesn't need to cancel a game because a handful are missing.  I'd bet that most young players get their chance in first team football when senior players ahead of them are missing.

50 players? Handful? 

Stop exaggerating. 

The rule makes perfect sense, and ensures clarity for all. 

Whether the conditions should be changed is a conversation for the off-season

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The daft thing is that it reduces opportunities for people to get first team experience.  Before we gave him his debut this season, Jones had never played first team football.  Same goes for Coburn last season.  No player has first team experience until they are actually given that experience!  Players missing is the opportunity they need to get a chance.  I used Newcastle as an example earlier on - about half their under 23 squad are aged 20 or over.  We're not talking about kids here.  I think the idea that a 21 year old under contract with a club isn't counted as a 'proper' player because he hasn't played first team football is utterly ridiculous.  If you have players missing then the players below them step up and play 🤷‍♂️

A club doesn't have to request for their game to be called off. 

If they think their players are good enough, they can play as normal.

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

50 players? Handful? 

Stop exaggerating. 

The rule makes perfect sense, and ensures clarity for all. 

Whether the conditions should be changed is a conversation for the off-season

I'm not really exaggerating.  Newcastle's first team squad is 25 players, Newcastle's U23 squad is 23 players.  That's 48 players.  They have 4 players missing because of covid, and some players missing because of injuries and suspensions. 

Can I ask you a question, should clubs be allowed to postpone games because of an injury crisis or too many players being suspended in your view?  I mean do you support that?

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

A club doesn't have to request for their game to be called off. 

If they think their players are good enough, they can play as normal.

Lol 😀

Yeah, that's how it works.  I'm a football manager and some of my best players are missing.  The option is there to postpone the game if I want to or play with a weakened squad.  Let's see, what would I do 🤔

You're a funny fella Maz 👍

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Lol 😀

Yeah, that's how it works.  I'm a football manager and some of my best players are missing.  The option is there to postpone the game if I want to or play with a weakened squad.  Let's see, what would I do 🤔

You're a funny fella Maz 👍

There are times that you come across as a troll, so I'll take being funny over that any day 

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Middlesbrough 1-2 (Sporar, Watmore)